PDA

View Full Version : do you remember???

Jea
04-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Hi,
today I played my best 8-ball game ever. The first time I needed only the first shooting to pot all 8 balls.
For me this was a very important happening.
I know that for you this is not a big deal, but anyway, do you remember your first "shoot-out"?

PQQLK9
04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Congratulations to you. I don't really remember much about my first run out but I do know the feeling /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Predator314
04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Strangely, I don't remember mine.

This will be an interesting thread. I'm curious if others do.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Strangely, I don't remember mine.

This will be an interesting thread. I'm curious if others do. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't remember mine either.

Strangely, running out is something I will do fairly often when playing for fun but rarely in league play. I guess when playing league I will be more careful and play a safety rather than being aggressive.

Wally~~lame player /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

irunrax
04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I do not remember my first run out, however i do remember the last rack i ran out. Its a great thing to break and run, as it is just you against the table.

Predator314
04-12-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm the opposite. I run out more in a tournament or when I'm gambling than I do when I'm playing for fun.

SPetty
04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Good job, Jea. Did you do that with your new shorter cue that you asked about before? That is, did you get that cue and did it help your game?

pooltchr
04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Congratulations, Jea.
I remember my first run out. It was several years ago playing in league. Our team needed the win to get into the playoffs, and when it happened, the whole team was screaming and jumping all over the place. That made it twice as good. The others are kind of a blur, and most of them, I didn't realize what was happening until it was done and someone told me. I guess I have to really be in the zone for it to happen.
Congratulations again! May you have many more!

Popcorn
04-12-2004, 12:42 PM
I can remember cutting the grass in my front yard and fantasizing about running out games of straight pool. That night I was playing a game of 25 points, (We were just beginning players so we played short games), and my friend broke and I ran 25 and out, plus an additional 8 for a total of 33. I had never run a whole rack before. I was only about 12 or 13 at the time, but it is amazing how clear that memory is to me.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2004, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote irunrax:</font><hr> I do not remember my first run out, however i do remember the last rack i ran out. ...<hr /></blockquote>

me too. couple of weeks ago.

I was playing an APA 7 and I knew if I didn't run the table I was doomed. I got lucky on a crossover bank and ran out.

START(
%AY4D5%Bh8H4%Cn6T5%DG2U2%EO1T4%FJ1G9%G^8M1%Hl6N7%N U4D9%PL2J6
%US8F2%VM5I9%b[1Z0%cW1F2%dU5D2
)END

wei (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Jea,

I forgot to say congrats. That is nice milestone.

I used to play a lot against a guy named James. I bet I played him for 3 months before I beat him. That was a good milestone for me to measure my progress.

Jea
04-12-2004, 02:04 PM
thanks for your congratulations!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Good job, Jea. Did you do that with your new shorter cue that you asked about before? That is, did you get that cue and did it help your game? <hr /></blockquote>
yes, I did it with my new cue. In the end I decided to buy a regular size cue from Joss (blacky winner) and Im really happy with this cue.

Fred Agnir
04-12-2004, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote irunrax:</font><hr> I do not remember my first run out, however i do remember the last rack i ran out. ...<hr /></blockquote>

me too. couple of weeks ago.<hr /></blockquote> I can't even remember the last time I played.

Fred &lt;~~~ needs to play more

Predator314
04-12-2004, 02:44 PM
I think the best is when you get in that zone and you don't even realize you were the only one to shoot that game.

I occasionally get in a zone where I can string 2-3 racks together and not even realize it until my opponent lets me know. This used to happen a lot more a couple years ago than it does now.

Keith Talent
04-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I was 17 or 18, in a bar that has since made way for a Starbucks or a bank, on the upper West Side in the city. I don't remember a lot about the run, except that I had been close a few times before and that time I didn't get so nervous as to blow it. What I best remember were a dozen or so people watching and the feel of the cue, which was some horrible, black fiberglass thing.

Great feeling, whenever and however ... in fact, I just very recently managed to pull off another milestone, 2 racks of 9 ball at long last. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep on firin' at em.

CarolNYC
04-13-2004, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first time I needed only the first shooting to pot all 8 balls.
<hr /></blockquote>
Congratulations! Good job!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif