PDA

View Full Version : Why was this man smiling?

wolfdancer
04-12-2004, 03:41 PM
While I was pulling for Phil to win the Masters, that silly Hamiltucky, grits-eating grin, he was wearing throughout the back-nine worried me. He looked like someone that had just caused some olfactory distress to the other passengers, in a crowded elevator.
Ernie Els had 2 things going against him, in his bid for the title: the eventual winner for the last 10 or more years had played in the last group..AND...not since 2002, had a right-hander won the Masters.
When Phil picked up his young daughter, and said " Daddy won, can you believe it?"...I don't think she did, and could care less...two-year olds are so self-centered...like some pool players that I know

Wally_in_Cincy
04-13-2004, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> While I was pulling for Phil to win the Masters, that silly Hamiltucky, grits-eating grin, he was wearing throughout the back-nine worried me....<hr /></blockquote>

seg? wtf?

Singlemalt
04-13-2004, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> While I was pulling for Phil to win the Masters, that silly Hamiltucky, grits-eating grin, he was wearing throughout the back-nine worried me. He looked like someone that had just caused some olfactory distress to the other passengers, in a crowded elevator.
Ernie Els had 2 things going against him, in his bid for the title: the eventual winner for the last 10 or more years had played in the last group..AND...not since 2002, had a right-hander won the Masters.
When Phil picked up his young daughter, and said " Daddy won, can you believe it?"...I don't think she did, and could care less...two-year olds are so self-centered...like some pool players that I know <hr /></blockquote>

Dude? Whatup? WTF?

Maybe the guy was just enjoying the moment of going into the final day of a major with a share of the lead? Maybe he was just happy/confident and the fact is he did not choke. He did not back into this, he took it from Els. I thought it was qutie awesome to watch.

pooltchr
04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
I don't remember watching a golf match I enjoyed more than this year's Masters. If I had been Phil, I would have been smiling too! If ever a guy deserved it, it was him.