PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Corey?

datplayer
04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
What's going on with Corey Deuel? He had an unbelievable year in 2001, some good moments in 2002, then practically average in 2003. It also seems that he doesn't play in many tournaments anymore. Please tell me he's not involved with -youknowwhat-. There's nothing that will ruin a great player any quicker. Anyways, just curious about what the rumor is out there regarding Corey.

brian_
04-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Last I heard he took up golf.

PQQLK9
04-13-2004, 06:55 PM
He won Thirty big ones ($30,000.00) in the 2004 DCC Ring Game.

Vicki
04-13-2004, 06:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote datplayer:</font><hr> Please tell me he's not involved with -youknowwhat-. <hr /></blockquote>

What!!!?

Golf? Women?

Oh no!!! God forbid!!! Do you think he might have gotten a...

JOB????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

(Horror music playing in background!)

Vicki /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick B
04-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Like most "Hot" upstarts...they learn they can lose...and thus do. The others smell the blood...and the mystique is over.

Nick

cueball1950
04-13-2004, 07:53 PM
after talking with corey recently i firmly believe his problem is the little white ball and the golf course. He even admitted that he has been spending to much time playing golf an not enough playing pool.........mike

Harold Acosta
04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Rumour has it that he's enjoying those 30 g's he just won at the Derby City Classic...nothing else to it.

recoveryjones
04-13-2004, 10:52 PM
For Corey it's definitly golf.Pool (especially played good)is very addicting.Great golf is also extremley addicting. There are many pool players who love to play golf.

Local pro John Horsfall hits buckets and buckets of golf balls.In a lot of ways there are many simularities in the two sports. Both require great hand/eye co-ordination and putting juice on the ball like back spin,top spin, draws, fades which are simuliar to putting some sort of sidings on a cue ball.John apparently has a real low handicap.

Generally people that can play great pool, can adapt and play great golf.It appears as Corey has caught the bug.To play top level pool, however, you've pretty well got to dedicate all your time to the one sport or you will be quickly passed by others.RJ

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Several of the Pros hit the green (is that the expression for golf?) in Virginia during the Open. I know Corey's one of them. Maybe it stimulates the mind...

Rich R.
04-14-2004, 09:28 AM
One morning, during the U.S.Open, I witnessed Corey and John Horsfall, in front of the Holiday Inn, with golf clubs. They were eventually picked by someone in a van, I assume to go to the golf course.
In the meantime, Corey was swinging one of John's clubs and they were obviously talking about golf.
During that short period of time, Corey appeared to be a lot more excited, than he ever was around the pool tables.

Could it be, like most of us, Corey is bored with his job, which is pool, and excited about his hobby, golf?

Scott Lee
04-14-2004, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Could it be, like most of us, Corey is bored with his job, which is pool, and excited about his hobby, golf? <hr /></blockquote>

Rich...He'd better not get TOO bored! LOL He is one of VERY few American pro poolplayers (less than a dozen men &amp; women) who actually get any kind of reasonably significant ($10K+/yr) sponsorship. His comes from Cuestix...same as Archer! Corey would NEVER get any kind of golf sponsorship. The competition is WAY too tough! LOL

Scott

Rich R.
04-14-2004, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> He'd better not get TOO bored! LOL He is one of VERY few American pro poolplayers (less than a dozen men &amp; women) who actually get any kind of reasonably significant ($10K+/yr) sponsorship. His comes from Cuestix...same as Archer! Corey would NEVER get any kind of golf sponsorship. The competition is WAY too tough! <hr /></blockquote>
Scott, I agree with you completely. With the exception of you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, most of us get bored with whatever we do daily for a living. In the case of a professional athlete, of any kind, when that boredom leads to poor performance, it will definitely affect their income.
I was just making an observation, that Corey was much more excited about the golf than about the pool.

I have no idea of how good a golfer Corey is, but a lower level pro golfer, would probably have a better income than many of the upper level pool players. Maybe Corey is headed in that direction. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Then again, maybe I am speculating too much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ralph S.
04-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Maybe Corey just wants to be the first two-sport star that involves non-contact type sports. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif