PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Annual Predator Central Florida Open

koreandragon
04-13-2004, 11:33 PM
The 4th Annual Predator Central Florida Open

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 4th Annual Predator Central Florida Open

This is the 4th year in running for Orlando’s Predator Central FL Open May 27-30,2004 produced by Dragon Promotions. This is the biggest pro pool event in Florida drawing usually over 1200 fans and 100 players over the course of the event. This year Dragon Promotions is partnered up with the Seminole Tribe’s Florida Mens Pro Tour in making The Predator Central FL OPen a special event on their tour calendar.

Pokertropolis.com is also the new presenting sponsor of the event and will also sponsor the Pokertropolis.com Boys & Girls Club Charity Event on May 27 at 6pm.
goto www.pokertropolis.com/dp (http://www.pokertropolis.com/dp)

This years event is $10,000 guaranteed added with $5000 going to first place.

There will also be a celebrity basketball tournament on May 26 with Johnny Archer, Mika Immonen, Rodney Morris, Thorsten Hohmann, Charlie Williams, & more. Fans and sponsors will be participating in the event. Come out and see the pros of pool test their other “shooting skills”. Admission is free.

This year’s event will include such players like:

Johnny Archer(GA) - #1 Ranked in USA and 2003 Player of the Year
Mika Immonen(Finland) - #1 Ranked in WPA World Rankings
Thorsten Hohmann(Germany) – Reigning World Champion
Cory Deuel (Ohio)- Derby City Ring Game Champion
Hiroshi Takenaka(Japan) - #1 Ranked in Japan
Steve Knight (England) – United Kingdom Champion
Rodney Morris (Hawaii) – World Pool League Champion
Nick Varner (FL) – Hall of Famer
Buddy Hall (FL) – Hall of Famer
Charlie Williams (FL) - #2 Ranked in USA
Tommy Kennedy (GA) – Former US Open Champion
And many more!
There will also be a 6 Man Pro Ring Game on May 27 at 11pm-1am . Cost is $1500 a man. Pros participating are : Johnny Archer, Mika Immonen, Cory Deuel.

Pros available still to be staked in the event are: Rodney Morris, Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, Thorsten Hohmann, Danny Harriman, Steve Knight. Call 321-276-3967 if you are interested in backing a pro in the ring game.

The 4th Annual Predator Central FL Open

May 27-May 30, 2004
at Pro Billiards, Orlando FL 407-898-3007

$10,000 Guaranteed Added

1st Place $5000

Entry : $180 ($205 after May 10)

Race to 9 Double Elimination
64 Players Limited
Players Meeting Thurs May 27 at 10pm(play starts May 28 at 11am)
Charity Event for Boys & Girls Club May 27 at 6pm(challenge the pros!)
Pro Ring Game Event May 27 at 11pm
Central FL TAP Event May 27-28 call 407-446-1333
Travelodge in Downtown is the Host Hotel call 407-423-1671
Please goto http://www.billiardsexpress.com/florida2.jpg for more info and to see the full color flyer

Chris Cass
04-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi Charlie,

Spike wants a rematch on the Preditor table. LOL We all had a blast playing with you Charlie. Your not such a bad kid. BTW, nextime I'm watching you. I'm checking your rack and sticking me with the break cue to shoot with was really sneaky. HAHAHAHAA

Regards,

C.C.~~likes Charlie Williams........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

koreandragon
04-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Tell spike he can always get a rematch whenever he sees me

As far as our game...haven't you heard us pros are always looking for an edge? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best wishes and good luck!
Charlie

CarolNYC
04-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi Charlie,
How are you?
This sounds like a wonderful event-I wish you the very BEST!
Carol~likes Charlie,too! And also wants a rematch,ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
04-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Hi Carol,

You should of seen the look on Charlies face when you kicked that ball in crosscorner. You smoked that puppy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We looked at eachother in shock. Great shot Carol. Too bad the cb followed it in. Spike loves Charlie. He still brags about it at the ph. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~that Carol is going places and that Charlie is way too young to play that good. LOL

Ken
04-14-2004, 08:25 AM
I managed to download the poster. It's about 25 times larger than my screen so it took a while. I see Worldpool.com is doing something live on the internet. That may be the way to see this event. I've been to Pro Billiards and there is barely space for 20 spectators if you don't mind standing. I do believe 1200 could be accommodated because when I was there to watch a tournament I watched about 30 minutes before leaving.

I didn't see anything about UPA sanctioning. The UPA will probably schedule a conflicting event to pull all these pros away. I'm surprised the Seminoles would get involved with such an ambitious event at such a small venue.

I might try the PPV broadcast but I hope they have sufficient bandwidth to keep the video coming. Otherwise they might get many chargebacks on the credit card purchases. I have to check into how to do that.
Ken in CT

eg8r
04-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Well, I have to say, this is one of the good things about moving back to Orlando. I will definitely be there, watching. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
04-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Have fun,Eg8r! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
04-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Hiya Chris,
That was alot of fun,wasn't it?It was so good to see you and Spike has become such a handsome young man-but, I did MISS Heide /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The way the days have been going by so quickly, I know we'll see eachother soon!
Always wishing you the very BEST!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif