PDA

View Full Version : Pool on Law and Order Tonight

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2004, 12:27 PM
from AZB:

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=266

ace895
04-14-2004, 12:54 PM
L and O is a great show. I hear that Orbach, one of the detectives, plays pretty strong. Its my gf's fav. show so we would be watching no matter what...with or with the pool.
ace

CarolNYC
04-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Hi Wally,
I am a "LAW&ORDER" freak-Jerry Orbach and Jerry Seinfeld are two people I hope to meet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But I missed it last night-UGH!
BTW, Ewa's appearance on Regis is to air today!9 AM EST!
Take care!
CArol

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Ok, I missed Law and Order. I've met Jerry Orbach several times and he can play a decent game. (Hey Carol, remember the time at Amsterdam's during the Firemen Charity Pool thingy we attended?).

So, which Pro Pool player's names did he drop during the show?

Brian in VA
04-15-2004, 07:55 AM
It was about a 3 minute scene where he's scamming a hit man arranger with the mob. During the scene he mentioned having learned the game from Cornbread Red, Captain Hook and Hundred Ball Blackie. The second to last shot he made was a 3 rail spinning bank in the side that he hit perfectly. It was a nice scene and a nice shot.

Brian

CarolNYC
04-15-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
remember the time at Amsterdam's during the Firemen Charity Pool thingy we attended?).

<hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,
I wasnt there cause I wouldve remembered-what a bummer!
I heard Jerry Orbach is a very good straight pool player /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Also, Ewa was just on Regis-it was cool-Kelly asks for a flamboyant shot, so Ewa has her lay on the table with a piece of chalk in her mouth and the nineball on top-the cueball is on the rail ontop of 3 pieces of chalk-Ewa tells her "Im going to hit this 9 ball at~72 miles/hour and pocket it in the corner- the look on Kelly's face was a definite Kodak moment-Ewa pocketed the nine! Go Ewa!
I taped it if you want a copy-email me!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

04-23-2004, 02:21 PM
It's a great show, Brian, but as you point out, the reason for that scene was so Lenny Briscoe could ingratiate himself with a bunch of lowlifes. TV NEVER misses the chance to sully us that way: if you want to suggest ne'er-do-wells, or some nefarious scheme, just set your scene in a poolroom. It's been going on for decades and there's no end in sight; I'm sick of it.

By the way, I was seated next to Jerry Ohrbach at the BCA Banquet in Vegas and got the chance to talk pool with him. He's a terrific guy; as to his ability, he told our magazine his 14.1 long run was 67. Ages ago, when he was here in "The Fantasticks", we used to stand in line for him at Bensinger's. Everybody called him Jerry the Actor then; he would lose his $12 to $18 in gentlemanly fashion (at cheap 9-ball), and that alone made him very rare in that room. GF