PDA

View Full Version : Use of Mr. CLean Eraser

ace895
04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
I have been using this Mr. Clean eraser product on my cues and it works wonders. Does anyone know the long term effects of this product on a cue. I want to use it on my main playing cue...but am kinda scared. I would hate to ruin a nice Capone shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ace

Chris Cass
04-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Don't know but why don't you ask Capone what he thinks?

C.C.

ace895
04-14-2004, 01:33 PM
good point...i might email him about that.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2004, 01:37 PM
There's a thread just started at azbilliards

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=4395

nAz
04-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Gotta admit this thing works great! especially on the ferrule.

daviddjmp
04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Seems to me that if it has nothing in it all, no chemicals or soap that can stay as a residue, that there would be no way to harm a shaft any more than wiping it down with a damp rag. You just got a sponge with the holes really close together. I have tried it on my Capone for a few weeks now and it works well. Dry it off, maybe a little shaft treatment of some sort, seems fine.

daviddjmp
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Just a note, I only use this once every week or ten days, not that often-

SpiderMan
04-15-2004, 08:54 AM
I've used the "magic eraser" three times now. My observations:

1. I did seem to get the shaft cleaner than wiping it down with a damp rag (water or alcohol).

2. On the other hand, this process also seemed to get the shaft wetter for longer than my previous methods. I wonder if the cleaning would have been so good had I used the "magic eraser" more nearly dry?

3. After cleaning, the shaft did seem to have the "fuzz" raised on the grain. I'm not sure if this was due to the increased wetting, or because the sponge itself is abrasive.

SpiderMan

PQQLK9
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> ).

2. On the other hand, this process also seemed to get the shaft wetter for longer than my previous methods. I wonder if the cleaning would have been so good had I used the "magic eraser" more nearly dry?

<hr /></blockquote>
I used the completely dry method on one of my moderately stained Predator shafts and it did ok. I think the dry method would work on all but the worst stains.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2004, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
...3. After cleaning, the shaft did seem to have the "fuzz" raised on the grain. I'm not sure if this was due to the increased wetting, or because the sponge itself is abrasive.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I noticed that too. Over at AZB Mike Webb says don't use it because it is abrasive. You would almost have to use it a few times and mic the shaft to see if there is any change. I'll volunteer since my shaft is already screwed up anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif