PDA

View Full Version : CCB III prize donations list???

cueball1950
04-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Who is doing the prize list this year. I know last year wendy did the list. I would like to start off the list same as last year by donating the 1st & 2nd place trophies again. I hope the winners last year enjoyed them. Also this year i am donating a Cuetec "Allison Fisher" signature series cue along with a guiseppe 1x1 case to hold it.. So who ever keeps the list going this year please put me downfor the above mentioned.....................mike

Barbara
04-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Okay Mike,

I'll volunteer to keep the list of prizes to hand out.

And I'll personally contribute bags of nuts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~anyway to help with the tournament I'd love to compete in!!!

Doctor_D
04-15-2004, 04:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Who is doing the prize list this year. I know last year wendy did the list. I would like to start off the list same as last year by donating the 1st &amp; 2nd place trophies again. I hope the winners last year enjoyed them. Also this year i am donating a Cuetec "Allison Fisher" signature series cue along with a guiseppe 1x1 case to hold it.. So who ever keeps the list going this year please put me downfor the above mentioned.....................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

I will also donate a Billiards Workbook for the raffle and/or prize listing. I will be exhibiting at the US Open this year, Booth # 30 ( right next to the ticket counter) so whoever will be responsible for the prizes will be able to pick it up at the Chesapeake Convention Center.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Predator314
04-15-2004, 06:24 AM
I can donate a prize as well. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to he US Open this year, but I'd like to contribute to the CCB tourney. When you all start taking the donations, shoot me an email with the info and Fatz Billiards can donate a billiards related prize. wwleonard@comcast.net

9 Ball Girl
04-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey?! That's my job!!! Just kidding! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, Tom_in_Cincy did the prize list, I kept the player list and combined the prize list with it. I'll still keep the player list but I'll start that up probably some time in Julyish. And...

I'd like to donate a 2x2 case that I have just sitting in the closet at home:

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cases/proseries/images/pr22nl2x2.jpg

Sally
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
We're in! Four 1-year IP subscriptions and four tee shirts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-16-2004, 06:47 PM
I'll donate somnething, not sure what. Let me know closer to the time.

DG - will try to get there this time

Tom_In_Cincy
04-16-2004, 09:02 PM
OMG, is it that time of the year again?

Mike has kicked the CCBIII into gear and this years tournament format will be decided later.

Last years format was exciting and Mr. Ingrate (Big Dave) was responsible for all the complicated table and parings assignments. Huge success, even during the electical blackouts. The Fun was more than anyone could have exepected.

What would everyone like to do this year.. suggestions please?

Donations for the door prizes are greatly appreciated.

Saturday, Sept 11th at Q-Masters at 10 a.m.

coffee and asprins are on me this year.

Frank_Glenn
04-17-2004, 12:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> OMG, is it that time of the year again?

Mike has kicked the CCBIII into gear and this years tournament format will be decided later.

Last years format was exciting and Mr. Ingrate (Big Dave) was responsible for all the complicated table and parings assignments. Huge success, even during the electical blackouts. The Fun was more than anyone could have exepected.

What would everyone like to do this year.. suggestions please?

Donations for the door prizes are greatly appreciated.

Saturday, Sept 11th at Q-Masters at 10 a.m.

coffee and asprins are on me this year.
<hr /></blockquote>

Do you need to sign up for this, or just show up?

Rich R.
04-17-2004, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> What would everyone like to do this year.. suggestions please? <hr /></blockquote>
Last years format was outstanding. It allowed most people to meet each other by either being a partner or an opponent, in a match.
Unfortunately, to repeat that format, we need someone with a laptop and printer, as well as Dave's program.
Of course, Dave's expertise would not hurt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It will be very difficult finding a better format, for a sociable tournament, like CCBIII.

Mr Ingrate
04-17-2004, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> What would everyone like to do this year.. suggestions please? <hr /></blockquote>
Last years format was outstanding. It allowed most people to meet each other by either being a partner or an opponent, in a match.
Unfortunately, to repeat that format, we need someone with a laptop and printer, as well as Dave's program.
Of course, Dave's expertise would not hurt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It will be very difficult finding a better format, for a sociable tournament, like CCBIII. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich,

As you know, last year's format was done with acrobat files. It was a considerable amount of work making the charts since I had to make a separate set for 20, 24, 28, and 32 players. I also used this format for a Santa's Anonymous fund raiser and it proved to be unbelievably successful. I have another fund raiser coming up on April 24th and it is estimated that we could have up to 64 people wanting to enter.

For those of you who don't know how the tournament works, please bear with my long winded explanation.

This fun tournament features a scotch doubles type of play except you have a new partner for each round. You never have the same partner more than once and you never have the same set of opponents more than once. Since there are no fixed partnerships, scores are kept individually. If your partnership happens to win 2 games to 0, you and your partner would each get credited with 2 points while each of your opponents would receive 0 points. This creates the restriction of playing a fixed number of games rather than a race to something. Last year at the 2nd Annual CCB we played 2 games of 9-Ball for each match. Keeping individual scores also creates another restriction. There can be no byes since each player must play the same number of games as all others. In practical terms it means the number of players must be evenly divisible by four. 32 players = 16 teams = 8 matches per round. You can see that 30 players = 15 teams = 7 matches and one bye. But, it also means that the tournament can be ended at the end of any round if there are time constraints and everyone would have played the same number of games.

Instead of creating a large group of charts, I've come up with a piece of software that I am offering to the Pool community free of charge. There are no activation key requirements or any charge for upgrades. It will always be free as I expect it will be used for fund raisers and fun tournaments. The minimum number of entries it can handle is 8 and the maximum is 64, in 4 player increments of course. The maximum number of rounds is 20. I put this limit in since 64 entries = 63 possible pairings for each player = 63 rounds = 32 teams per round = 16 matches per round = 1,008 matches in total.

I have version 1.0 of "The Fun Tournament Director" completed and documented and plan on doing my official release after the fund raiser on April 24, 2004.

You can dowload the installable file tftd_1_0.exe (http://members.shaw.ca/pooltools3/tftd_1_0.exe) and install it on your computer to get a look at it before its general release. It is much easier to use than the previous charts I created. You still need a printer for score sheets, although I allow a viewer for everything that is printed. You could theoretically operate without a printer, but it is not advised. It seems to operate on all flavors of windows as far back as Win'95.

I'm sure Cathy will have little or no problem using this package and I'm sure someone could download this software on their laptop and arrive at the tournament with a laptop and printer. Oh, it uses standard 8.5 x 11 paper. Check it out and let me know your comments.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Fank,

If you want to play you must meet the requirements. The requirements are... you must be a CCB poster.

The CCBIII tournament committee will be the final say on who is eligble. Not too many restrictions.. We let kato's friends play and they couldn't even spell puter.

Door prizes will be distributed at random, as usual and so far we have Sally's and InsidePool's donation of 4 One year subscriptions and 4 InsidePOOL Tees.

Now is the time to start working on donation committments.

All donations will be appreciated and sponsers mentioned quite often in the next few months.

Players list and Donated Prizes from Last year's CCBII event (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=98089&amp;page= &amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=)

bobjohnson
04-18-2004, 03:16 AM
So, this would be my 4th or 5th post. I'm planning on being at the US open this year. Would 4 or 5 posts be enough to qualify for the CCB tounament?

Rich R.
04-18-2004, 06:05 AM
Dave, you are amazing and your programs are amazing.
I only wish I had a lap top, so I could volunteer to run it.
I think we all had fun with the format, last year, and most people got to meet and play together.

I don't know what Tom has in mind for this year, but maybe someone with a lap top, will step up and volunteer, so we could use your program. I know Cathy would be happy to help, again.

At this point, I am assuming you and your lovely wife, Joanne, are not making the trip again. You will both be missed.

mr8ballme
04-18-2004, 06:08 AM
This is Doug Carter with the Stroketrainer! I would like to donate one of them also. I would like to be added to the list to play as well. I am not sure what i have to do so if you can send me an email at mr8ballme@yahoo.com that would help. I travel a lot and dont have much time to read or post (Sorry). Please let me know Thanks Doug

Rich R.
04-18-2004, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>Door prizes will be distributed at random, as usual and so far we have Sally's and InsidePool's donation of 4 One year subscriptions and 4 InsidePOOL Tees. <hr /></blockquote>
Tom, don't forget Mike's generous offer of trophies, a cue and a case. I also believe, Barbara mentioned bags of her nuts. They are easily worth the expense of the trip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Predator314
04-18-2004, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mr8ballme:</font><hr> This is Doug Carter with the Stroketrainer! I would like to donate one of them also. I would like to be added to the list to play as well. I am not sure what i have to do so if you can send me an email at mr8ballme@yahoo.com that would help. I travel a lot and dont have much time to read or post (Sorry). Please let me know Thanks Doug <hr /></blockquote>

Wow... that's a nice prize

Chris Cass
04-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Way to go Doug. I think that's great. Now, everyone can meet the guy I know is a good man. This will a great time for you too. I have to warn you though. This board and the wonderful people here are highly addictive. LOL

Enjoy,

C.C.

Chris Cass
04-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Two thumbs up for Dr.D. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
04-18-2004, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I also believe, Barbara mentioned bags of her nuts. They are easily worth the expense of the trip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

YES!! I will donate 4 quart-size bags of nuts!!

Barbara

<font color="blue">A company that will go to the ends of the earth for its people will find it can hire them for 10% for the cost of Americans.</font color>

Doctor_D
04-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Good morning:

In addition to a Billiards Workbook, we will donate a case (36 count) of Billiards Workbook Ceramic Coffee Mugs to the prize packages.

Dr. Dr.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2004, 10:00 AM
A case of logo BWB mugs. Thanks Dr. "D" you generositiy is very much appreciated.

Scott Lee
04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Tom...Put me down on the prize board, for a 2-hour Private Lesson. You can use it however you see fit. I'll meet with the winner, whenever and wherever time permits, and spend two hours of videotaped instruction with them! If you need something on letterhead, just let me know!

Scott Lee

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Gotcha! Thanks!

Predator314
04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Tom...Put me down on the prize board, for a 2-hour Private Lesson. You can use it however you see fit. I'll meet with the winner, whenever and wherever time permits, and spend two hours of videotaped instruction with them! If you need something on letterhead, just let me know!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Now that's a great prize.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-20-2004, 01:51 PM
That's very generous Scott.

You should try to make it to the Open this year. Can you fit it in your schedule?

Scott Lee
04-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Wally...I'd sure LIKE to. I've always WANTED to go, but I've usually been booked up in other parts of the country in Sept. Maybe this will be the year! LOL My good friend, Willie Jopling, has been there EVERY single year, since it started! I need to go at least ONCE! LOL

BTW, I'm still looking for your tapes...I WILL find them!

Scott