PDA

View Full Version : Madness reigns

Qtec
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush endorsed an Israeli plan Wednesday to pull back from Gaza and part of the West Bank, but denied the United States was taking sides in the long-running Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

At a White House news briefing following a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Bush said "realities on the ground" dictated that Israel should be able to keep some settlements in any future peace agreement.

Bush praised Sharon for his withdrawal proposal.

"These are historic and courageous actions," Bush said. "If all parties choose to embrace this moment, they can open the door to progress and put an end to one of the world's longest-running conflicts."

Bush also embraced Sharon's position that Palestinian refugees should be allowed to return to a new Palestinian state but not to Israel.

Sharon's government proposes a "disengagement" plan that includes a provision for Israel to pull out all Jewish settlements and troops from Gaza and all but six blocs of Jewish settlements from the West Bank.

Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erakat that allowing some Israeli settlements to remain in the West Bank would be "a severe blow to the peace process."

"I don't think that Israelis should be rewarded [for] illegal practices of stealing Palestinian land," Erakat said in Ramallah, West Bank.

Sharon said he had gained from his talks with Bush.

"What I've learned from my visit here is that the plan -- disengagement plan -- contributes to the security of Israel, contributes to the political situation of Israel in the world and helps our economy," Sharon said.

In advance of the White House meeting, Palestinian Authority officials warned that a Bush endorsement of Sharon's plan would be a "dangerous" development.

<hr /></blockquote>

Sharon knows that the Palestinians will never accept Jewish settlements inside the West bank as part of a peace deal.
If GW gives Sharon what he wants, it will be a disaster for the troops in Iraq.
If GW wants to get rid of terrorism, he has to be fair ,he has to be just.
I dont think any Palestinian or Arab will see this other than a kick in the teeth.

Q

Cueless Joey
04-14-2004, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GW wants to get rid of terrorism, he has to be fair ,he has to be just. <hr /></blockquote>
Ahahahahahahahahaahahaa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you wanna get rid of terrorism, let's all convert to hard-line Islam.
There's terrorism in Saudi Arabia to Asia.
Hell they kill each other. Explain that genius.

highsea
04-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Ahhh. well Q. What can we say.
Danger is our middle name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
-C

Qtec
04-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Its easy to be brave when the killing is happening on the other side of the world.

If you are that tough, why havent you already joined up?

No matter, the chances are you will soon be called up to go and fight in a foreign land for what..........????

Q

I dont think so.

Steve - Detroit
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
You won't get much sympathy for the Palestinians on this board, Q. There aren't many who even associate the clusterf*ck we're in now with the Palestinian problem. It was an unfortunate announcement. Talk about fighting fire with gasoline, it will be an interesting summer.

highsea
04-15-2004, 11:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Its easy to be brave when the killing is happening on the other side of the world. <font color="blue"> Not all the killing happens on the other side of the world.</font color>

If you are that tough, why havent you already joined up?
<font color="blue"> Never said I was tough, but I seriously doubt they would take me. </font color>

No matter, the chances are you will soon be called up to go and fight in a foreign land for what..........???? <font color="blue"> If they want me I'll go. For what? My country, Q.</font color>

Q

I dont think so. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> It's easy to blame the world's problems on the US, Q. I haven't heard any solutions from you, however, just complaints.

The US has been trying to broker a peace over there for decades. Guess what? The Palestinians don't want it!

If they wanted peace, they would stop strapping bomb belts on women and children and sending them out to the market. </font color>

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
04-16-2004, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> No matter, the chances are you will soon be called up to go and fight in a foreign land for what..........???? <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe to kick the Germans out of France again......or maybe out of Holland...again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ace895
04-16-2004, 06:29 AM
the palestinians will see this as a kick in the teeth without a doubt. of course they won't accept the plan. they will never support any israeli settlement in the gaza strip but we will never get out of this fighting. we need israel as an ally in the middle according to our leadership. we have been supporting for years and we will continue.

Qtec
04-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Wally,dont even try and compare Iraq to WW2.

Q

Cueless Joey
04-16-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> No matter, the chances are you will soon be called up to go and fight in a foreign land for what..........???? <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe to kick the Germans out of France again......or maybe out of Holland...again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
We did that????
I hope we made some money out of that. Or at least, perhaps, those people down there would appreciate us for doing it. God forbid if someday they show more sympathy to extremists-terrorists than to their victims.