PDA

View Full Version : Downey Custom cues?

drawshot
04-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Anyone using these? How is the quality? And the Hit?
They look pretty impressive. I noticed that he makes his shafts with only a 12.5" taper. Will this reproduce a very stiff hit.

thanks for the replies
Here is a link to their web-site:
http://www.poolndarts.com/store.cfm/cat/24.cfm
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

UWPoolGod
04-16-2004, 08:26 AM
I had also wondered about them when i was looking through my Muellers catalog. He has a few nice designs but i would be hesitant to buy without having shot with one.

Pizza Bob
04-16-2004, 08:51 AM
The owner of the local room, that I shoot at, has a Downey. Cocobola with the segmented maple grip area. He loves it - He played with a Jacoby prior to the Downey, if that gives you a perspective. I've looked at it and hit a few balls with it and it is a very nice cue. As you know, while these are built by Downey, he builds to set designs, so you don't have the exclusivity you'd have with other maker's cues. You may get better value, though. That's something only you can decide. Don't think you'll get hurt with one of his cues. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

cuechick
04-17-2004, 06:05 AM
I have been using a Downey for over two years and I love it. It's a beautiful cue and if I had a dollar for eveyone who has stopped me and asked who made my cue, it would have paid for itself.

bigshooter
04-17-2004, 09:01 AM
I don't have Downey cue but I had Troy make me a shaft for my Joss about 15 years ago and it still hits great.

In fact I've had several guys want to buy it from me.

He used to be the repair guy for Madsens billiards in Lincoln Nebraska when I knew him, He does good work.