PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Perfect Pool"

SpiderMan
04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Somehow the "Perfect Pool Bluewolf Style" thread showed up on my first page today. I put it in "flat" mode and there were no new postings to it since last summer. Any idea how it got dredged up? Maybe I don't understand how the posting system works. I put this question in another thread to prevent dragging Debra Starr's rantings to the top of the page.

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
04-16-2004, 11:25 AM
If you post to a thread and then delete your post, the thread remains at the top but shows no new posts.

Chopstick
04-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey mann! Is Debra Starr that weird pool playin' girl from Dallas you were telling me about?

SPetty
04-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Spiderman's been talking about me again??!? I'm not that weird!

P.S. Welcome, Chopstick. Stick around awhile.

SpiderMan
04-16-2004, 03:55 PM
No, but if you want to meet the real nutcase next time you're in town, let me know.

Welcome to the board! You already know a few of the people here - you met Sid Vicious on your last trip out, over at Paul's place.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-16-2004, 03:57 PM
But wouldn't it still show up as a "deleted" post, with thread title and no content?

SpiderMan

Ken
04-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Posts can totally disappear. Probably if you uncheck the box for "mark as edited". I've seen a post disappear completely when someone responded under the wrong alias, thus revealing his true identity.
Ken in CT

SPetty
04-16-2004, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> But wouldn't it still show up as a "deleted" post, with thread title and no content?<hr /></blockquote>That happens when a post has been responded to and then deleted. It completely disappears if there has been no response to it.