PDA

View Full Version : All you wanted to know about deflection is being

charlesmartin17
04-16-2004, 05:39 PM
The thing we all want to know about is deflection, what is it, how do we control it, what do we do. Nobody seems to understand this. Two gurus are going at it, Jewett on AZ
on thread :
ferrules ( 1 2 )
One page 1 rewet says the way to play is tear off your ferrule and stick it on the end of your shaft. On page two it is revealed the guy does not even play pool and cant run 3 balls.
Go into www.billiards-pool.net (http://www.billiards-pool.net) to see that debate there. There is a ton of data being put up from meucci and predator on page one of the thread:
Question about shafts? Explain Deflection once and for all? ( 1, page is where most of the data is.
Page 2 at the end is where the no ferrule debate takes place with fl saying this is bull dung and stupid. Its a must read so do not miss it and I am sure this will be the mother of all threads before its done and everyone weights in.

Popcorn
04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
"Page 2 at the end is where the no ferrule debate takes place with fl saying this is bull dung and stupid. Its a must read so do not miss it and I am sure this will be the mother of all threads before its done "

Uh? I think I'll pass.

Barbara
04-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Enjoy this weekend Fast Larry because the CCB Admin is already onto you and you'll be gone by Monday!

Barbara~~~got two pms from charlesmartin17 already, anyone else?

highsea
04-16-2004, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> got two pms from charlesmartin17 already, anyone else? <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, me too. FL pitching his new forum I guess.

-CM

Troy
04-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Don't put words out of context. Here's a quote from Bob Jewett on AZB --
"I did the experiment. I took a shaft with an ivory ferrule, tried to repair the ferrule, the tenon broke off, and I said, "what the heck" and just glued a tip to the bare end of the shaft. It had the least squirt of any shaft I had see up until then. Later, I got another shaft for which I specifically asked for low squirt. It had lots of squirt. I cut the ferrule off, and it was just like the other shaft -- low squirt."
I can't see where he is advocating a shaft with no ferrule with that statement. He clearly states it was an experiment.
Also, you are confusing the AZB discussion and the Billiards-Pool discussion. Mr. Jewett has had zero input to the Billiards-Pool discussion.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote charlesmartin17:</font><hr> The thing we all want to know about is deflection, what is it, how do we control it, what do we do. Nobody seems to understand this. Two gurus are going at it, Jewett on AZ
on thread :
ferrules ( 1 2 )
One page 1 rewet says the way to play is tear off your ferrule and stick it on the end of your shaft. On page two it is revealed the guy does not even play pool and cant run 3 balls.
Go into www.billiards-pool.net (http://www.billiards-pool.net) to see that debate there. There is a ton of data being put up from meucci and predator on page one of the thread:
Question about shafts? Explain Deflection once and for all? ( 1, page is where most of the data is.
Page 2 at the end is where the no ferrule debate takes place with fl saying this is bull dung and stupid. Its a must read so do not miss it and I am sure this will be the mother of all threads before its done and everyone weights in. <hr /></blockquote>

ras314
04-16-2004, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> got two pms from charlesmartin17 already, anyone else? <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, me too. FL pitching his new forum I guess.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
I had three. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
04-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Yikes..... 16 posts on the subject and 12 from FL.

larrynj1
04-16-2004, 08:42 PM
i am not fast larry.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Did anybody notice FL sneaked back onto AZ as Jerry Brice? He made it about 3 days until Mike banned him....again /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. He never gives up. AZ is a lot better without him.

Barbara
04-17-2004, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Did anybody notice FL sneaked back onto AZ as Jerry Brice? He made it about 3 days until Mike banned him....again /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. He never gives up. AZ is a lot better without him. <hr /></blockquote>

Omigod!!

That is too funny. Sad, but funny!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2004, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Omigod!!

That is too funny. Sad, but funny!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Now he's back on AZ as Barney posting the same thing that charlesmartin posted and trying to goad blud into an argument.

What a fruitcake.

highsea
04-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Yea, I picked up on that too Wally. It's getting to the point where I need a program to keep track of all FL's alter-egos.

Very sad.

-CM

Wally_in_Cincy
04-17-2004, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> ...I need a program to keep track of all FL's alter-egos. <hr /></blockquote>

8 Ball Ho
magicman
plato 17
sara lee
9 Ball Road Pro
Danny D
9 Ball Billy
No Neck Nelson
Tony da Cucumber
Jerry Brice
charlesmartin

<font color="red">I missed a few I'm sure </font color>

highsea
04-18-2004, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> ...I need a program to keep track of all FL's alter-egos. <hr /></blockquote>

8 Ball Ho
magicman
plato 17
sara lee
9 Ball Road Pro
Danny D
9 Ball Billy
No Neck Nelson
Tony da Cucumber
Jerry Brice
charlesmartin

<font color="red">I missed a few I'm sure </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Barney's latest...It doesn't really get funny till page 3.

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=4440

gna might belong on this list too, hehe.Sarah lee was my favorite..I was going to ask her to marry me...but then came 8 ball ho, and now I can't decide who I like best...Ah, hell, I love'em both! Maybe I should switch religions? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Qtec
04-18-2004, 10:14 PM
True identity????

According to Woodward's account of that meeting, Bandar pressed Cheney, Rumsfeld and Myers for assurances that Saddam would be ousted in this war, unlike in the Persian Gulf War in 1991.

"Cheney is quoted as telling Bandar, "Once we start, Saddam is toast " -- a remark that disquieted even the outspoken Rumsfeld, Woodward writes".

Makes you wonder.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
04-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Wally, you forgot Barney.
That's him. He's purple and an endangered species.