PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick vs. Olhausen

04-29-2002, 07:05 AM
I am in the market of buying a billiards table for my home. I was going to buy the Brunswick Brookstone model until someone told me that the construction is not that good on this model and I should look at the Olhausen Augusta. This is supposedly a similiar table, but made better. Can anyone help me on this matter? Anyone know anything about Olhausen vs. Brunswick that would be able to shed some light on this subject? Thanks.. I appreciate it.

JimS
04-29-2002, 07:49 AM
I went through the same thing a few years ago and I couldn't see enough difference between the two brands to sway me one way or the other. I ended up with the Brunswick because the dealer appeared to be more interested in taking care of me and my needs, did business on a handshake..."I'll order the table...bring it to your house...set it up...you play on it and then if you like it you pay me...no money upfront." I figured he'd do me right if I had problems and it turned out this was true.

Make sure you are getting the same package from the dealers, i.e. cloth, cues, balls, rack, bridge, chalk, etc. If you are interested in learning to play well get Simonis 860 cloth. See to it that it is put together using Liquid Dowel to keep the slates from popping/shifting..see Brady Behrman who posts here.

If you are REALLY interested in learning to play well get a Diamond Pro table. Unbeatable! After 2 years I sold my Brunswick and got a Diamond.