PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake Rocks Joss Tour

cueball1950
04-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Keith "EARTHQUAKE" McCready rocks the Joss tour event in Albany NY. Coming thru the winners side undefeated
and defeats Frankie Hernandez in the finals. Keith was his natural self thru out the final match. The crowd loved it and everyone had a great time. Many thanks to the Golden Cue and the Spinelli Family for hosting a great event. And a special thanks to Ken fron ct for coming all that way so we could finally meet. Well Ken, the pleasure was all mine. Hopefully you will make it to the open this year for CCB 3
......................................mike

Ken
04-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks Mike, it was great seeing you and meeting everyone at the Golden Cue. It was a bit inconvenient having the bar in a different building but the bartender said he did a huge business.

Keith's match with Frankie was a classic. Keith took a page out of Frankie's book by complaining about the rack right after the coin toss, thus taking the initiative in what Frankie does best. Keith usually doesn't care about the rack but he immediately accused Frankie of racking too high. Frankie finally told him to rack his own and Keith said he was not a neutral racker. Frankie then tried to get Mike Zuglan to rack and Keith would have none of that.

After Framkie produced a rack that Keith would accept, Keith proceeded to make the nine on the sanp. That set the tone for the whole match. Frankie couldn't get out of the gate and was missing easy shots.

Kach player was using an extra ball to bang the balls in the rack and it sounded like a machine gun going off. Of course, after banging them they would move the balls when tightening the rack.

Keith was running out from everywhere and playing killer safes. He played shots in ways no one else would have thought of and many of his position plays were a total surprise.

It was quite a show.
Ken in CT

Barbara
04-19-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> Keith usually doesn't care about the rack but he immediately accused Frankie of racking too high. Frankie finally told him to rack his own and Keith said he was not a neutral racker. Frankie then tried to get Mike Zuglan to rack and Keith would have none of that.

After Framkie produced a rack that Keith would accept, Keith proceeded to make the nine on the sanp. That set the tone for the whole match. Frankie couldn't get out of the gate and was missing easy shots.

Ken in CT <hr /></blockquote>

I've heard about Frankie's racks. Nothing nice, either.

Barbara

<font color="blue">Quitters never win, Winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.</font color>

RailbirdJAM
04-19-2004, 03:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>The crowd loved it and everyone had a great time. Many thanks to the Golden Cue and the Spinelli Family for hosting a great event.<hr /></blockquote>

My thanks go out to Mike Zuglan, the TD for Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour, and Golden Cue Billiards, the host for this event. Keith and I had a great time, and I do love New York! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a few photos I snapped at the tourney:

Pictures at Golden Cue in Albany, New York (http://hometown.aol.com/jamalloy/JossTourStopNo21-AlbanyNY.html)

RailbirdJAM

PQQLK9
04-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Great pictures and congratulations to Keith.
New York New York (I used to skate to that song at Congressional Skating Rink on Rockville Pike before they tore the building down.

RailbirdJAM
04-20-2004, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Great pictures and congratulations to Keith.
New York New York (I used to skate to that song at Congressional Skating Rink on Rockville Pike before they tore the building down.<hr /></blockquote>

I remember Congressional Skating Rink in Rockville. I used to skate there, too, as a youngster. You wouldn't recognize Rockville these days, bumper-to-bumper traffic, restaurants and shopping malls up and down the Pike.

Keith and I really had a grand time at Golden Cue Billiards in Albany, New York. It is a beautiful part of the country not only because of the breath-taking scenery, but the people are genuinely nice. It's worth the trip just to taste one of those homemade Italian meatball sandwiches, a Spinelli family specialty. Pool is alive and well in Albany, and we'll be back again next season for sure!

RailbirdJAM