PDA

View Full Version : The CCB III Tourney List of Players

9 Ball Girl
04-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Well folks, it's that time of year....again! As you all know, the CCBers that go to Virginia in September for the U.S. Open have a CCB Tournament on the Saturday before the Sunday of the U.S. Open finals. The first year that we had it back in 2002, we did double elimination, races to 5. Last year we had a fun scotch doubles as Mr. Ingrate posted in the Prize Donation thread. And believe me, fun is all you could have with the lights going in and out due to the hurricane! This year, I'm not sure what format we'll be doing nor am I sure of what qualifications you need to be able to play (I think last year's thing was that you needed at least 200 posts and/or have had to have played in the year before).

So here's the deal. If you're interested in playing this year, send me a PM with a subject line of Count Me In!. I'll create the players list from there. Last year we aimed for 32 players and I'm guessing we're aiming for the same this year. If we reach 32 players, then I'll start my alternate list and if any of the 32 players drop, you'll be moved from the Alternate List up into the Player's List.

When: Saturday, September 11, 2004
Time: To Be Announced (prob. 10 AM)
Where: To Be Announced (prob. Q-Masters or...)
Format: To Be Announced

Wendy<---never too soon to start a good thing!

9 Ball Girl
04-19-2004, 12:26 PM
The CCB III Tourney List of Players

Time: 10 AM (warm up, register)
Where: Virginia Beach, VA (poolroom TBA)
Format: TBA

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Tom_in_Cincy
5. Eric.
6. Frank_Glenn
7. mr8ballme
8. SPetty
9. Wally_in_Cincy
10.Brian in VA

***Remember to PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play. If you'd like to donate a prize, PM Tom_in_Cincy or Barbara. We're looking for a 32 player field.

So far we've got the following donations for prizes:

--1st and 2nd Place Trophies from cueball1950
--Cuetech Cue signed by Allison Fisher w/1x1 Guiseppe case from cueball1950
--Bag 'O Nuts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place from Barbara
--The Billiards Workbook from Doctor_D
--Mystery Prize from Predator314
--2x2 Pro Series case from 9 Ball Girl
--Four 1 year Inside Pool Subscriptions from Sally
--Four Inside Pool Tee Shirts from Sally
--The Stroke Trainer from mr8ballme

Note: On Friday, September 10, we're all meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM to go eat dinner at the TBA...

Wendy<---It Has Begun...

9 Ball Girl
04-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Since my time expired on the previous post and I can no longer edit it, I'll post it here and will include it in my next update:

Donation:
--2x4 leather Cowboy style case from Predator314

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Cut and paste... young'un...

add any new donations in a different color.. LOL..

Cool case from Predator314 what a guy..

The donations are piling up..

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 07:30 AM
You got it bub:

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Tom_in_Cincy
5. Eric.
6. Frank_Glenn
7. mr8ballme
8. SPetty
9. Wally_in_Cincy
10.Brian in VA
11.<font color="blue">JMD in VA</font color>
12.<font color="blue">pooldaddy9</font color>

***Remember to PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play. If you'd like to donate a prize, PM Tom_in_Cincy or Barbara. We're looking for a 32 player field.

--One case (36 count) of The Billiards Workbook ceramic mugs from Doctor_D
--2 Hour Private Videotaped Lesson w/Scott Lee from Scott Lee

Note: On Friday, September 10, we're all meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM to go eat dinner at the TBA...

Wendy&lt;---It Has Begun...

SPetty
04-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Brian in VA changed his mind already? Competition too stiff for him? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 08:05 AM
What the?! He didn't change his mind. He's still in. I must've deleted him accidentally when I updated the list. It's fixed now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Tom_in_Cincy
5. Eric.
6. Frank_Glenn
7. mr8ballme
8. SPetty
9. Wally_in_Cincy
10.Brian in VA
11.JMD in VA
12.pooldaddy9
13.JayCee
14.Kato
15.phil in sofla
16.JackPot_George
17.cueball1950

--Allison Fisher series Cuetech Cue w/1x1 Guiseppe case from cueball1950

cueball1950
04-20-2004, 07:35 PM
wendy. i just want to clarify something. the Cuetec cue i am donating is a cuetec cues "allison Fisher" series cue. yes her autograph is on the cue, but she did not personally sign it. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. you are a sweetheart for doing this again this year. no wonder we all love ya........................................mike

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Thanks Mike, I fixed it to read what it says now. And oh yeah, my boys are on the list.

Wendy&lt;---Frank and Gene are in there too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2004, 10:01 AM

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Tom_in_Cincy
5. Eric.
6. Frank_Glenn
7. mr8ballme
8. SPetty
9. Wally_in_Cincy
10.Brian in VA
11.JMD in VA
12.pooldaddy9
13.JayCee
14.Kato
15.phil in sofla
16.JackPot_George
17.cueball1950
18.ras314
19.Ken
20.Voodoo Daddy
21.poolplayer1988
22.Ross

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
The list is getting looooooonger.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> The list is getting looooooonger.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And it's only April.

We should try to get George Fels to play. After all, the magazine he writes for carries the name of the tournament...sort of.

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> And it's only April.

We should try to get George Fels to play. After all, the magazine he writes for carries the name of the tournament...sort of.

<hr /></blockquote>Well I dunno. How many posts does he have? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>Well I dunno. How many posts does he have? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I dunno but Bob Jewett is gonna qualify real soon /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
04-21-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Did I see "Voodoo Daddy" on the list? As in "The Voodoo Daddy"? Big Poppa himself? Huh, might have to call that chap and see what's shakin'.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah baby. It's the return of The Finger.

Wendy&lt;---rubbing hands together and laughing like a maniac...

9 Ball Girl
04-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Now adding...

23.sack316
24.Gayle in MD

Wendy&lt;---will cut and paste later

Kato
04-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Sweet, Gayle, can't wait. I'm sure Voodoo feels the same.

Kato

Gayle in MD
04-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Wow, can you believe it, we will finally meet, don't know if Va. can handle all three of us in one weekend,LOL. You and Voodoo must come a day early for my lesson so the othere CCBers won't laugh at my shooting, LOL. Where are you guys staying?
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
A majority of us are staying at The Holiday Inn. You've also got The Hampton Inn, The Wellesly Inn, and The Red Roof Inn. Those are all walking distance to the conference center.

Chesapeake Conference Center Hotels (http://www.chesapeakeconference.com/hotels.html)

Frank_Glenn
04-22-2004, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> A majority of us are staying at The Holiday Inn. You've also got The Hampton Inn, The Wellesly Inn, and The Red Roof Inn. Those are all walking distance to the conference center.

Chesapeake Conference Center Hotels (http://www.chesapeakeconference.com/hotels.html) <hr /></blockquote>

Red Roof sux, and I think the Wellesly is closed (or was closed tha last time I was there at the Open).

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2004, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>Red Roof sux, and I think the Wellesly is closed (or was closed tha last time I was there at the Open). <hr /></blockquote>True of the Red Roof but hey, it's a bed and a shower, ya know? I've stayed there once but that was because I was only there for a weekend (spent 1 night at the Hampton and the other 2 at the Red Roof). If you're there all week, I would recommend one of the others.

The Wellesly was closed last year because they had some water damage done or something like that--not related to the Hurricane. They were suppose to reopen in October of '03 so...

cueball1950
04-23-2004, 07:56 PM
I am embarsassed to now admit this because of everyone's opinion of the place but i have been staying at the red roof for a couple of 3 years or so now and sometimes one's budget does not allow one to stay at the places that you have mentioned. There are times that people like myself go to the open on a tight budget. I would love to stay at the holiday inn or the hampton, but since i almost always travel alone to the open and do not have someone to share the costs with me i stay at the red roof. But hey, it the red roof is 5000% better than the motel 6 right there. hell, i went to use their bathroon 1 night and my foot went right thru the floor. They ought to just tear that place down...enough whining. I don't care where i stay as long as i get to meet and greet my old friends and to meet new friends,and i have a roof over my head and a shower, like wendy said. See all you people in Sept..............mike

Kato
04-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Ain't that the truth Mike. Remember last year? There were a lot of people looking for a shower, ask Steve Lipsky.

And Gayle, I'm sure Virginia can handle this gathering. However, I'm sure the Pool Gods will be watching closely /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

CarolNYC
04-25-2004, 04:07 AM
Have a great time!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-25-2004, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I'm sorry. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Did I see "Voodoo Daddy" on the list? As in "The Voodoo Daddy"? Big Poppa himself? Huh, might have to call that chap and see what's shakin'.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe he fell off his harley and hit his head. LOL.

Laura

bluewolf
04-25-2004, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Have a great time!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well shoot, Carol, I was hoping to see you there. I saw that you are in the top of the heap in CAT and NEWT and saw your wins on WPBA. WTG, you just keep getting better!!!

Laura

9 Ball Girl
04-25-2004, 09:08 AM
a couple of more additions:

25.bluewolf
26.whitewolf

CarolNYC
04-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Hi Laura,
Im doing good on the NEWT, only played one CAT and as far as the WPBA, it is very difficult,but I love it-Im playing amongst the BEST and I wouldnt change that for the world! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifIm very grateful to be where I am!
Thanks for keeping an eye out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Take care!
Carol