PDA

View Full Version : Inkjet printer problems

slipstroke
04-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Have a HP 930c inkjet printer which stopped printing green and blue colors. Only prints yellow and magenta shades. Things that should be green print yellow and things that are blue print a magenta color. It uses the tri-color cartridge which costs around $35.00. Anyone had a similar problem, and if so, what's the remedy? Hate to buy a new cartridge and it not be the problem.

9 Ball Girl
04-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't own an HP Inkjet but I have coworkers that do and just last week they were talking about having a similar problem. It turned out that you can and have to change the print heads in the HP printers. Something like that.

Wendy<---I'm an Epson kind of girl

SPetty
04-19-2004, 01:42 PM
You're probably out of ink of one color or another. I believe you can print a test page on the printer that is supposed to show all the colors.

How else would you know you're out of ink? Why would you think it's something else?

sack316
04-19-2004, 02:43 PM
more than likely just out of one color of ink. The printheads on that particular HP model is actually built into the cartidge, so you'd still be replacing it. A cheap solution would be grabbing a refill kit (though I still don't trust those too much). If you open your printer to get where the ink is, I think that model has a "smiley face" system. That is when the ink slides over after you open it the cartridges will slide to little pictures right above it that show what the ink level is supposed to be. This may help (even though my 960 model always says my ink is full). If nothing else you can head into control panel and run some test pages. hope at least some of this helps!

Rod
04-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I own a 952C. Yours will be almost exactly the same. Under start/programs you'll find the HP tool box. You can check ink level from there. There is a function to clean the cartrige there also. The cartrige is the print head. I'm sure your color cartrige just needs replaced. I refill my own but it's a learning experience the first time around. If it's not where I said go into the control pannel.

Rod

highsea
04-19-2004, 07:27 PM
If you have only the 2 cartridges, black and tri-color, you will have to replace the tri-color cartridge.

Re-filled cartridges will work, but not as well as a new one.

-CM