PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 billiards 1995 Loree Jon and Vivian

stickman
04-19-2004, 03:58 PM
It was odd to note the difference in womens dress only a short 9 years ago. It was also strange to see Vivian playing without the whistling, talking, and starting her tornado. I like it better these days being a little less formal, as long as no one distracts their opponent while they are shooting. It shows a little personality.

dg-in-centralpa
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
My sentiments exactly. I only wish more of the players were like Vivian, playing to the crowd, acknowledging when she makes a mistake, etc. For me it's much more enjoyable.

DG

PQQLK9
04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Did you notice the commentary by the announcer in the background?
I thought that was a nice touch.
Loree Jon Jones is cute enough to wear anything she wants /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Perk
04-20-2004, 05:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Did you notice the commentary by the announcer in the background?
I thought that was a nice touch.
<hr /></blockquote>

I had mixed feelings regarding this. At first, I thought it was a 'nice' touch. Hadnt heard that before. After listening to some of the statments, I think as a player actually playing, it would be a distraction. One of the players missed a ball and it hung in the corner pocket, and I heard the announcer "Missed it and hung the ball in the pocket." Another time. One of the ladies was jacked up and did a slight 'masse' around balls and tried to pot a ball in the corner. Quite loudly, the announcer was like: "That was a Masse Shot that she tried to execute".

Granted these announcements were for the fans in attendence, but I think it could have been distracting for the players. Anyone notice Vivian's reaction when they announced her name? 'Texas Tornado'? Kinda embarrased.

ladybilliards
04-20-2004, 11:07 AM
That was fun to watch. I couldn't tell if it was in the middle of the Ricon Center or in Chalkers Billiards (which was located in the Ricon Center - I saw Sue Backman (used to be owner sitting in the front row). I saw a few folks I knew! Dave Piona was in the front row as well. I enjoyed Mitch's interview with LJ on the commuter boat - Loree has a nice voice.

lb

SRpool
04-20-2004, 02:49 PM
The introductions in the beginning were pretty cool. I really liked the intro for the whole thing. More of the players were shown and the look they get to give each other in the beginning is really neat. I think something like that would work well now. It would at least make it a little more interesting.

The announcer in the background was good for the crowd but I noticed that LJ was waiting until he would say something before she would shoot. She looked at him mulitple times after getting out of her chair. It seems like he could be a confidence breaker after announcing a miss.

just my opinion.
Sarah

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I too have to admit that I liked the opening segment where they showed the "gals" shooting with the smoky background, I even liked the music, I forgot which song it was but it definitely gave it that bar room gambling feel to it. Wait, that may not be a good thing but still, I liked it better than the opening segments that they do now.