Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want
you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"
The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten
minutes went by.
Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."
His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine,
just released from active duty and newly registered in the class, walked
up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him over
from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold!
At first the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young
Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class fell
silent...waiting.
Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine
in the front row.

When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's
the matter with you? Why did you do that?"
The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent me."

One Nation Under God

moblsv
04-19-2004, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>

One Nation Under God
<hr /></blockquote>

I guess George Bush and terrorists don't have a monopoly on attacking people on gods behalf.

pooltchr
04-20-2004, 06:15 AM
I LOVE it! My wife's son is in Marine ROTC, I already forwarded a copy of it to him.
I always believe in delegation. God uses us as he needs to in order to have his will done.
Thanks for the story.

Perk
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks for that.

Semper FI!

&lt;--former Devil Dog

eg8r
04-20-2004, 08:20 AM
That is hilarious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

eg8r

Qtec
04-20-2004, 09:25 AM
"God uses us as he needs to in order to have his will done."

Isnt this the excuse that suicide bombers give for their actions?

Q

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Go 'head, spin it some more Qtec.

bigshooter
04-20-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> "God uses us as he needs to in order to have his will done."

Isnt this the excuse that suicide bombers give for their actions?

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

No suicide bombers us the name of "allah" we are talking about God, they are not the same person.

bigshooter
04-20-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>

One Nation Under God
<hr /></blockquote>

I guess George Bush and terrorists don't have a monopoly on attacking people on gods behalf. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't remember George Bush saying he was attacking anyone on God's behalf.
Just because he has publicly stated his faith in God doesn't mean you can link the two together in a blanket statement like that.

moblsv
04-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Same excuse.

Are you saying your god is better than thiers?

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, and his dad can beat up theirs too! Wahhhhh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigshooter
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> Same excuse.

Are you saying your god is better than thiers? <hr /></blockquote>

No I'm saying that they don't really know God so I can't compare the real God to someone that doesn't exist like Allah.
The god they serve is actually Satan but they just don't know it.

bigshooter
04-20-2004, 05:37 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

No its absolutely not the same excuse.
The terrorists have specifically said they are waging a war in the name of Allah.

George Bush has never intertwined his faith into his stance on the war.

What if someone is a Buddhist and they go out and kill 50 people, Would you therefore conclude that they did it in the name of Buddha?

You cannot automatically link someones faith automatically to every action they undertake.

I did a lot of things today but I didn't do them all in the name of God just because I am a Christian.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 06:03 AM

Are you saying your god is better than thiers? <hr /></blockquote>

My God doesn't tell me to kill innocent people in His name.

TomBrooklyn
04-21-2004, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>My God doesn't tell me to kill innocent people in His name. <hr /></blockquote>What are the people of Iraq who wish to repel foreign invaders guilty of? The world is also still waiting to find out what Saddam Hussain was guilty of besides less than full cooperation with UN inspections and brutal treatment of his own people.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>My God doesn't tell me to kill innocent people in His name. <hr /></blockquote>What are the people of Iraq who wish to repel foreign invaders guilty of? <hr /></blockquote>

I was talking about 9/11

The people you speak of are a combination of Saddam loyalists and foreign Moslem fundamentalists. Most of Iraq is just glad the water is running and they're not going to be killed by the Baathists

bigshooter
04-21-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>My God doesn't tell me to kill innocent people in His name. <hr /></blockquote>What are the people of Iraq who wish to repel foreign invaders guilty of? The world is also still waiting to find out what Saddam Hussain was guilty of besides less than full cooperation with UN inspections and brutal treatment of his own people. <hr /></blockquote>

Brutal treatment of his own people is somewhat of an understatement, how about the 400'000 people that have been found murdered in the mass graves by Saddam.

Don't we have a moral obligation to take this guy down?

Alfie
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent me." <hr /></blockquote>The Marines are a fighting force second to none. That said, I gotta retch.

:-)

TomBrooklyn
04-21-2004, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr>
Brutal treatment of his own people is somewhat of an understatement, how about the 400'000 people that have been found murdered in the mass graves by Saddam. Don't we have a moral obligation to take this guy down?<hr /></blockquote>Not for that reason, no. Iraq is a soveirgn nation whose borders no other country has either a moral or political right to cross based on a dislike or even disgust for their internal affairs.

If the role of the USA was to impose it's version of law and order on every other nation that has committed internal genocide (http://econ161.berkeley.edu/TCEH/Slouch_power4.html) or oppression, why did we not invade Lenin's and Stalin's Russia (62,000,000 killed), Mao's China (35 million executions, disappearances etc.), Pol Pot's Kamer Rouge (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0300070527/104-9323351-9597500?v=glance) Cambodia (1.7 million killed 1975-1979 20% of the population). Why don't we now invade Ethiopia (http://www.oneworld.net/article/view/83811/1/), and on and on.

Two of the most recent wars we did get involved to "rescue" other peoples and make the world "safe", Korea and Vietnam, were pretty much disasters. Somalia (http://www.somaliawatch.org/archivefeb01/010202301.htm) was another recent disaster on a smaller scale. Memories being short, here we go again in Iraq.

Of course none of these debacles were the fault of Marines. Marines don't make national policy, they just bravely follow the sometimes unwise orders given by the residing Commander-In-Chief.

=TomBk