PDA

View Full Version : Mark Whiteside

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 07:25 AM
I had just spoken to him at Valley Forge this year and told him how much I like his work.

Mark Whiteside (http://azbilliards.com/2000storyb.cfm?storynum=1736)

Bob
04-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Yes indeed VERY VERY sad.

Mark did a wonderful write up for The Windy City it's first year. He was the only writer to take an interest in it.

He will be sadly missed by so many that he touched.

Eydie Romano

Scott Lee
04-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Wendy...Holy cow! I spoke with Mark in VF too! Any idea of what happened? Heart attack? Car accident? Illness?
Very sad indeed!

Scott

Bob
04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
I was contacted by Mike Howerton while I was at Valley Forge to cover part of a pro event because Mark was under the weather. When I saw Mark the next day he looked fluish, he mentioned that he was diabetic and was having some other issues. I later heard that he was in the hospital awaiting a transplant of some sort when he passed away. I don't know exactly what happened but the obit said that it was peaceful.

I am sure we will find out more soon.

Eydie

9 Ball Girl
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
I found this from some time ago on AZB from April 4, 2004:

Best Wishes To Mark Whiteside
We would like to send 'best wishes' along to Mark Whiteside who is currently in Milwaukee preparing for a liver and kidney transplant. Mark has been part of this industry for a very long time and has taken some of the pictures you see here on AzBilliards. His reporting from various events has allowed us to provide brackets and information for events that we would otherwise not have had. We hope Mark has a short wait and an even speedier recovery, and is back out there following the game he loves very soon.