PDA

View Full Version : house cues

sigep1967
04-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Yippee I am going to pick up my Diamond Pro this week and was wondering who made the best house cues these days Dufferin or Valley. I remember haveing a Valley cue in the local pool hall that was one of the best sticks I every played with. They seem to be a lot cheaper that the Dufferin. Are the Dufferins that much better?

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 08:53 AM
I like the Cuetec or Excalibur house cues.
Seybert's House Cue listing (http://www.seyberts.com/table_accessories/housecues/index.htm) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Predator314
04-20-2004, 08:56 AM
The Cuetec house cues I've used were not that bad, but the shafts weren't very smooth.

I think Dufferins are your best bet.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-20-2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> I like the Cuetec or Excalibur house cues.
<hr /></blockquote>

I have a couple of Excaliburs (wood, not fiberglas) and they are not bad at all. Especially for $20 apiece.

Dufferins were $40, probably a better cue but I'm not using them so I don't care /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PQQLK9
04-20-2004, 10:16 AM
I got six Dufferins with my table and they hit well.
Always wanted to turn one into a two peice sneaky pete.I also have one that I purchased at Wal-Mart when they were selling cues and it hits well also.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2004, 10:36 AM
I've been to a lot of private home pool tables and I've always wondered, "do you intentionally buy cheap ugly cues to let your guests play with?"

A "Wall-a-bushka" should at least be something you would be proud to play with yourself.

The Ash wood that Dufferin offers at a very decent price, looks and plays well.