PDA

View Full Version : Kerry in 2004?

bluewolf
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
I am neither a democrat nor a republican but try to listen to all information and make the most intelligent choice that I can.

I know much more about Bush, like, dislikes and almost nothing about Kerry. I would love to know/learn about him separate from Bush bashing, just about him and where he stands on things. I even asked some of my liberal friends where I could find written, somewhat unbiased info but so far have come up empty.

Any body have any info or good books or publications out there to read?

Laura

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 03:02 PM
About the flip-flopper? Hmm, nothing that I can think of which the source would not be bashed by Kerry supporter types. The truth of the information which I could post may not be accepted even if it is that, the truth.

t411
04-20-2004, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I am neither a democrat nor a republican but try to listen to all information and make the most intelligent choice that I can.

I know much more about Bush, like, dislikes and almost nothing about Kerry. I would love to know/learn about him separate from Bush bashing, just about him and where he stands on things. I even asked some of my liberal friends where I could find written, somewhat unbiased info but so far have come up empty.

Any body have any info or good books or publications out there to read?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Hello Laura, I think to an extent it is more important to know what the Republican party and the Democrat party are about. If you know this then you will know a lot about both of these men. Both parties have an agenda if you will, that they are about. I think both parties are run by $$, one more than the other, and because of this people get disenchanted with our government. So it does not surprise me to hear people say that they are not democrat or republican because of this. What does surprise me is when people don’t know what issues the parties fight for and who they fight for. Sometimes they fight for the same issue or at least they say they are but the way they want to make it happen is much different. An example, jobs, of course both parties would like to create more jobs but the way they want to create jobs are different. Sometimes the parties are for the opposite, like on an issue of abortion. So find out what each party is about and I think you will be able to make a better decision for your self. That is just my opinion and I’m sure many have other opinions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigshooter
04-20-2004, 05:24 PM
As far as I know Kerry never comes out and states what he believes in or stands for.
All I've heard him do is criticize every policy in place but never says what he'll do different if he is president.

t411
04-20-2004, 08:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> As far as I know Kerry never comes out and states what he believes in or stands for.
All I've heard him do is criticize every policy in place but never says what he'll do different if he is president. <hr /></blockquote>

www.johnkerry.com (http://www.johnkerry.com)

Bigshooter, Kerry states what he believes in and stands for all the time. You may not watch the TV, you may not read any newspapers, you may not read magazines but I know you get on the internet. Do a little bit of surfing and you easily can find all you want about Kerry and what he believes in and stands for.

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 08:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote t411:</font><hr> Do a little bit of surfing and you easily can find all you want about Kerry and what he believes in and stands for. <hr /></blockquote>
.....Which is EVERYTHING!!!! That dude will side with anything and anyone at any time! Ahahaha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I got something for these Kerry supporters to chew on!

Pro-war, anti-war, insider, outsider, liberal, conservative
The many faces of John Kerry

February 6, 2004 | Page 5

JOHN KERRY has pulled into the lead for the Democratic Party presidential nomination. According to the party establishment and the media, the key to the Massachusetts senator’s success is his "electability." In other words, even if tries on a bit of the liberal rhetoric here and there, Kerry is one candidate who George W. Bush and his advisers can never call "too radical."

But the flipside is that Kerry is a thoroughly inside insider in Washington. He has everything that Corporate America--and the Democratic Party establishment--want in the White House. ELIZABETH SCHULTE looks at John Kerry’s rotten record.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A MAN defined by inner conflicts." That’s how the Boston Globe described John Kerry in a five-part series in June 2003. "The gung-ho Vietnam hero turned articulate antiwar protester; the shaggy-haired liberal rebel turned feisty prosecutor; a politician whose core beliefs included a skeptical view of government," wrote the Globe.

Sounds familiar? Someone wrote a book about it in the 1800s--it’s called Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. During his 19 years as a career politician and Washington insider, Kerry has never let a little thing like principle get in his way. He’s made a career out of balancing between the Democratic Party’s conservative and the liberal wings.

That’s why, last week in Greenville, S.C., Kerry declared that he was going to "hold Bush accountable" for the war in Iraq. But just as easily, he could boast to his Republican critics, "I have voted for the largest defense budgets in the history of our country."

Kerry has taken several liberal positions during his career, only to take them back years later. Since 1984, when he won his first campaign for a U.S. Senate seat from Massachusetts, Kerry backed canceling weapons systems, such as the B-1 bomber, B-2 stealth bomber, the Apache helicopter and the Patriot missile. Kerry now calls those positions "ill-advised, and I think some of them are stupid in the context of the world we find ourselves in right now, and the things that I’ve learned since then."

In the 1980s, Kerry harshly criticized Ronald Reagan’s order to invade the tiny island nation of Grenada in 1983. Today, he says: "I was dismissive of the majesty of the invasion of Grenada. But I basically was supportive. I never publicly opposed it."

Kerry voted against the congressional resolution authorizing military force in Iraq in 1990. But after Washington’s quick victory, Kerry did a quick turnaround and became a supporter of the war. Kerry’s own office could hardly keep up with the changes.

At one point, it mailed out letters to constituents that voiced both positions. Likewise, in October 2002, Kerry voted to give congressional authorization for Bush’s invasion of Iraq, only to criticize the war afterward.

To listen to Kerry criticize the civil liberties-shredding USA PATRIOT Act today, you’d never know that he voted for the legislation in 2001. "We are a nation of laws and liberties, not of a knock in the night," Kerry says today. "So it is time to end the era of John Ashcroft."

During his 19-year career in the Senate, Kerry has also taken positions that are far from liberal. In 1992, he warned an audience at his alma mater, Yale University, about a "culture of dependency...We must ask whether [social disintegration] is the result of a massive shift in the psychology of our nation that some argue grew out of the excesses of the 1960s, a shift from self-reliance to indulgence and dependence, from caring to self-indulgence, from public accountability to public abdication and chaos."

"The truth is that affirmative action has kept America thinking in racial terms," he said. Kerry’s position was in line with the one that Bill Clinton was peddling with his call for "personal responsibility."

Kerry also supported Clinton’s welfare "reform," which tossed millions of poor people off the welfare rolls, or forced them into low-wage jobs. And Kerry can also take credit for helping to push through Clinton’s 1994 crime bill, which expanded the federal death penalty and included money to put 100,000 more cops on the street.

In 1994, Kerry took his conservative rhetoric up a notch after the Republican victory in congressional elections--arguing that Democrats were being punished for suggesting too-liberal policies, like universal health care.

Kerry also has a bad habit of bending the truth to play up his liberal credentials. During his 1984 campaign, he proudly described in campaign literature how he "joined the struggle for voting rights in the South," leaving the impression that he’d actually gone to the South. In reality, however, his work registering Black voters in Mississippi never went beyond the Yale campus.

When he needs to appeal to an antiwar audience, Kerry will pull out his history as a Vietnam War veteran who came home to oppose the war. After serving two tours in Vietnam, Kerry did become a member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). But he was by no means a radical.

Kerry refused to speak at the VVAW’s January 1971 Winter Soldier Investigation, a series of hearings in Detroit in which soldiers spoke out against the atrocities that they witnessed in Vietnam. But he did agree to appear at a well-publicized Senate committee hearing--and put himself at the head of a demonstration organized later that year in Washington, D.C.

During the protest, veterans tossed their medals at the White House. Kerry kept his medals--but tossed his ribbons and medals that other soldiers had given him.

Only a few months after grabbing the spotlight, he left the organization. "I resigned and left [the VVAW] because the agenda of some of the folks within the veterans’ movement ultimately became confused and went way beyond just trying to end the war," said in an interview with the Boston Phoenix. "There was a lot of rhetoric about every social ill and evil there was." As his "yes" vote last year on Bush’s Iraq war shows, Kerry has moved "way beyond" any antiwar past that he might have had.

This man is no alternative

"I’VE GOT news for the HMOs and the big drug companies and the big oil companies and influence peddlers," Kerry declared in a speech last week in St. Louis. "We’re coming and you’re going. And don’t let the door hit you on the way out!" But if anyone knows where the influence is peddled, it’s John Kerry.

While his patrician family’s wealth had largely faded by the time that John was a teenager, they did "scrape up" enough to send the boy to a series of Swiss and New England boarding schools. That was followed by his father’s alma mater, Yale, where he was a member of the same elite Skull and Bones society that George Bush was.

He counted among his close friends Fred Smith, who would later found Federal Express, and Richard Pershing, the grandson of the famous First World War general. He dated Jacqueline Kennedy’s half-sister, Janet Auchincloss, and once hobnobbed with JFK sailing on Narragansett Bay.

Today, Kerry--the richest member of Congress--is worth an estimated $550 million, according to Forbes magazine. This is due in large part to the fortune of his wife, Teresa Heinz, the widow of Republican Sen. and ketchup tycoon John Heinz. So while he’s in Washington, Kerry lives in an elegant Georgetown house and has the option of using a private jet to get away at one of the Heinz vacation homes.

Federal election laws limit how much Kerry can use of his wife’s fortune to finance his own campaign. But she can get around that by buying "issue ads" which don’t mention the candidate.

And Teresa isn’t the only connection that John "I’ll take on special interests" Kerry has made in Washington. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, during this election cycle, Kerry took in $531,251 from the health care industry. This makes him one of the top four recipients of such money, just behind Bush, Howard Dean and Joe Lieberman.

Kerry was among the top 10 recipients of money from the airline and automotive industries, with donations totaling $87,925. By the way, Kerry is a member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, which influences laws governing these industries.

Nightstalker
04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
http://www.dwtoons.com/Top%20Secret/Regular%20images/Terrorists.jpg
http://www.dwtoons.com/Top%20Secret/Regular%20images/Color%20This%20Line.jpg
http://www.dwtoons.com/Top%20Secret/Regular%20images/color%20ostrich.jpg

Qtec
04-20-2004, 10:02 PM
What a load of crap! Even eg8r wouldnt post this kind of nonsense.

[ QUOTE ]
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, during this election cycle, Kerry took in $531,251 from the health care industry. This makes him one of the top four recipients of such money, just behind BUSH, Howard Dean and Joe Lieberman. <hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHa.LOL

Here is one for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Ken Mehlman, President Bush's campaign manager, accused Kerry's campaign of waffling on the release of his military records, saying the campaign's position on Tuesday to release the records in "due diligence" is contrary to Kerry's comments on "Meet the Press" that the records would be made public immediately.

"Senator Kerry's record of nondisclosure and his flip-flop on this issue should concern voters," Mehlman said.

Meehan responded, "Senator Kerry's record on the military is one we are running on, not running from. <font color="blue"> We are happy to compare Senator Kerry's record of service to anybody in the Bush campaign who has or has not served." </font color>

Bush was in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, but did not serve in combat. Bush released hundreds of pages of his Vietnam-era military records in February to counter Democrats' suggestions that he shirked his duty in the Texas Air National Guard.

<font color="blue"> The White House said the documents comprise his entire military record. The records DID NOT not provide evidence that Bush was in Alabama during a period when Democrats have questioned whether he reported for service.</font color>

Kerry on Friday questioned Republicans who avoided the war and now criticize him on national security, but he didn't mention Bush.

"I fought under that flag and I saw that flag draped over the coffins of friends," Kerry said. "I'm tired of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and a bunch of people who went out of their way to avoid the chance to serve when they had the chance." <hr /></blockquote>

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

t411
04-20-2004, 11:08 PM
My god, I fell asleep reading one of the post on this thread. Man…..tell me this guy is joking. I think he is doing more for Kerry than Bush with a post like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nightstalker
04-21-2004, 05:52 AM
You think? Did you actually read the whole thing? Do you understand it?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote t411:</font><hr> My god, I fell asleep reading one of the post on this thread. Man…..tell me this guy is joking. I think he is doing more for Kerry than Bush with a post like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The reason the post was so long is because there are so many examples of this guy twisting in the wind like a friggin' weathervane.....

5/4/03
In First Dem Debate, Kerry Strongly Supported President’s Action In Iraq. KERRY: “George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but <font color="red">I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him,</font color> and I support the fact that we did disarm him.”
ABC News, Democrat Presidential Candidate Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/4/03

The Last We Heard...
Now, Kerry Says He Is Anti-War Candidate. CHRIS MATTHEWS: “Do you think you belong to that category of candidates who more or less are unhappy with this war, the way it’s been fought, along with General Clark, along with Howard Dean and not necessarily in companionship politically on the issue of the war with people like Lieberman, Edwards and Gephardt? <font color="blue"> Are you one of the anti-war candidates?” KERRY: “I am -- Yes, in the sense that I don’t believe the president took us to war as he should have, yes, absolutely.” </font color>
MSNBC’s “Hardball,” 1/6/04

here's the flip-flop archive http://www.flipflopper.com/flipflops.asp

LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
04-21-2004, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bigshooter, Kerry states what he believes in and stands for all the time. <hr /></blockquote> Who has the time to go back everyday just to check if Kerry has changed his position. The man has flip-flopped on every issue except raising taxes.

eg8r

t411
04-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by t411
My god, I fell asleep reading one of the post on this thread. Man…..tell me this guy is joking. I think he is doing more for Kerry Bush with a post like that.

Originally Posted by Nighstalker
You think? Did you actually read the whole thing? Do you understand it?

Originally Posted by Wally in Cincy
The reason the post was so long is because there are so many examples of this guy twisting in the wind like a friggin' weathervane.....

<font color="red"> Come on please...... even for sake of argument, if this is all true, I don't think the idea of the forum is to post "novels". Any one can do a search and copy and paste. Man..who can scream the loudest. Just my opinion.
</font color>

t411
04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
The man has flip-flopped on every issue except raising taxes.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

He is not raising taxes on the middle class. Unless you make 250K, what are you talking about?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote t411:</font><hr>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

He is not raising taxes on the middle class. Unless you make 250K, what are you talking about? <hr /></blockquote>

7/31/03
Said Democrats Fought To End Marriage Penalty Tax. “We fought hard to get rid of the marriage penalty.” (MSNBC’s “News Live,” 7/31/03)

The Last We Heard...
But, In 1998, Kerry Voted Against Eliminating Marriage Penalty Relief For Married Taxpayers With Combined Incomes Less Than $50,000 Per Year, Saving Taxpayers $46 Billion Over 10 Years. (S. 1415, CQ Vote #154: Rejected 48-50: R 5-49; D 43-1, 6/10/98, Kerry Voted Yea)

Qtec
04-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Flipity flop flop.

[ QUOTE ]
For a clean presidential mind, change it often

By Molly Ivins

Creators Syndicate

Living proof that the Democrats haven't gotten any smarter since the last time they ran a candidate for president.

Much huffing (and a huffy Democrat is a terrifying sight) over the fact that George W. Bush used images of 9-11 and of the firefighters at ground zero to tout his candidacy in his first campaign ad. How crass, said the D's.

But the problem is not that the ad is in bad taste -- the problem is that Bush flimflammed the firefighters in a famous case of his favorite bait-and-switch tactic, and now he has the chutzpah to exploit them anyway.

For those of you who have forgotten what happened: Shortly after the 9-11 attacks, Bush promised a $3.5 billion aid package to provide equipment and training in dealing with such attacks to local police and fire departments.

For more than 18 months, no money appeared, and when it finally did, it was nowhere near the promised levels. (Hey, he had to cut those taxes on the richest 1 percent of Americans.)

Furthermore, the New York City firefighters who worked ground zero were specifically swindled.

They were promised $90 million to monitor the long-term health effects of breathing in all that ash for months while they cleaned up. The money was to have been included in the overall post-9-11 aid package for New York City, but it got shifted to another bill that Bush rejected the following August. About half the workers screened before the money ran out suffered from respiratory problems.

Republicans in Congress twice voted down first-responder money. New York's congressional delegation, led by Sens. Charles Schumer and Hillary Clinton, put up a huge battle before the long-promised $90 million was finally pried out of a reluctant Congress and White House, but the responder money is still not fully funded to this day.

You can see that this is already shaping up as a campaign where the media observe John Kerry under a microscope and neglect to point out the obvious facts about Bush's record. Kerry, say the Republicans solemnly, is given to flip-flopping. Kerry is?

Let's just start counting off the top of our heads:

George W. Bush was opposed to a commission to investigate how and why 9-11 occurred, but then he changed his mind and backed it.

He was certainly opposed to a commission to investigate the intelligence failures on Iraq, but then he changed his mind and backed it.

He now brags, "I went to the U.N. [before invading Iraq]"? Who recalls why he changed his mind about doing that? He originally said he not only did not need to consult the United Nations -- he did not even have to consult the U.S. Congress.

Anyone remember how Bush, the corporate ethicist of Harken Energy, opposed the Sarbanes-Oxley bill? Sarbanes-Oxley was a mildly reformist piece of legislation deemed slightly necessary in the wake of the staggering accounting scandals that caused the collapse of Enron, Tyco and WorldCom.

There seemed to be a new record bankruptcy every week, but our president didn't think we needed any new laws to prevent such things -- my, no. When did he change his mind and decide to sign it? After it passed the House with one vote against it.

Remember when we weren't going to negotiate with North Korea? Then we weren't going to negotiate with North Korea again, but we would "talk" to North Korea, but only in multilateral "talking," until Bush changed his mind yet again and now we're in multilateral negotiations.

Remember when the United Nations was "unnecessary" and "irrelevant," and boy was Bush ever ready to tell it to go jump in the lake? We now think the United Nations is so useful and necessary that we call on it not just for Iraq but for Haiti and other trouble spots as well.

Remember when we didn't need any civilian or international advice about how to pacify and reconstruct Iraq -- our military could do it just fine, thank you?

Remember when nation-building was a dirty word?

Boy, that John Kerry -- he just flip-flops all the time, doesn't he?

<hr /></blockquote>

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Molly Ivins is a loudmouth condescending fool and she hates Bush and all Republicans.

Nightstalker
04-21-2004, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote t411:</font><hr>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

He is not raising taxes on the middle class. Unless you make 250K, what are you talking about? <hr /></blockquote>

7/31/03
Said Democrats Fought To End Marriage Penalty Tax. “We fought hard to get rid of the marriage penalty.” (MSNBC’s “News Live,” 7/31/03)

The Last We Heard...
But, In 1998, Kerry Voted Against Eliminating Marriage Penalty Relief For Married Taxpayers With Combined Incomes Less Than $50,000 Per Year, Saving Taxpayers $46 Billion Over 10 Years. (S. 1415, CQ Vote #154: Rejected 48-50: R 5-49; D 43-1, 6/10/98, Kerry Voted Yea)

<hr /></blockquote>
That's gonna leave a mark, eh t411? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moblsv
04-21-2004, 08:13 AM
It's hard to find a select set of good resources or books. There are a million choices and they all seem to push thier own side of the story. Pick something read/listen/watch and then try to find the opposing side and between them draw your own conclusions.

Since you are already in this forum reading all these conservative posts you might want to use winamp to listen to some WBAP in Dallas streaming audio. That will give you an idea of where these people are coming from.

Then try some of the other stations in the winamp list and follow thier Internet links to places like moveon.org and prisonplanet.com.

Finally, there's public stations and mainstream media. They are still your best bet for balanced coverage. I think if you listen to the extremes for a while, with an open mind, you will learn alot but also begin to see the patterns in how they manipulate thier listeners.

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is not raising taxes on the middle class. Unless you make 250K, what are you talking about? <hr /></blockquote> You will be less confused if you quit adding any words to what I say and just read what I wrote. I did not mention middle class, pay scales, or anything of the sort. What I did say was that Kerry is pro-tax-increase. He has not flip-flopped on raising taxes. An increase in gas tax certainly does not affect only the affluent so that is why I kept it generalized.

eg8r

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Wally, while I agree that is an example of flip-flopping, it is not a good example of raising taxes. Since the penalty tax is already in effect, the only thing that could happen as far as raising it would be to increase the penalty. All Kerry is doing is to vote to keep it there, he is not voting to lower taxes which is exactly correct. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lowering taxes is not in his agenda.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-21-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>All Kerry is doing is to vote to keep it there, he is not voting to lower taxes which is exactly correct. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lowering taxes is not in his agenda.

eg8r<hr /></blockquote>
Which is a lagre part of the reason why I would not vote for him, even if he was not such a fli-flopping 20-faced liar I would not vote for him because he only wants to raise taxes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr>
...there's public stations and mainstream media. They are still your best bet for balanced coverage....<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO

Thanks for the grin /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We are happy to compare Senator Kerry's record of service to anybody in the Bush campaign who has or has not served."
<hr /></blockquote> Not sure anyone wants to compare anything. He said he would make them available and now his campaign is standing in the way. They at first refused but I think now after the pressure has been put on, he has relinquished and will be providing the records. We will see if it ever happens. This is so funny, the Dems were adamant about Bush producing his records, but Kerry fought about having to show his.

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm tired of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and a bunch of people who went out of their way to avoid the chance to serve when they had the chance." <hr /></blockquote> Don't you find it amusing how he worded this...a "chance". Give me a break, is anyone too stupid to believe Kerry jumped at the "chance" to go to vietnam? Are you Q, you are the one highlighting this, are you too stupid to believe it? A simple yes or no answer will suffice. Kerry like every other American at the time, tried to avoid the draft, when all his dodging did not work, he enlisted. This was no "chance" to serve in the military, he only said "ok" I will go when he got tired of the foot in his butt pushing him onto the boat.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Kerry also came back the first chance he got. He must be so proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Laura, I think to an extent it is more important to know what the Republican party and the Democrat party are about. If you know this then you will know a lot about both of these men. Both parties have an agenda if you will, that they are about. I think both parties are run by $$, one more than the other, and because of this people get disenchanted with our government. So it does not surprise me to hear people say that they are not democrat or republican because of this. What does surprise me is when people don’t know what issues the parties fight for and who they fight for. Sometimes they fight for the same issue or at least they say they are but the way they want to make it happen is much different. An example, jobs, of course both parties would like to create more jobs but the way they want to create jobs are different. Sometimes the parties are for the opposite, like on an issue of abortion. So find out what each party is about and I think you will be able to make a better decision for your self. That is just my opinion and I’m sure many have other opinions.
<hr /></blockquote> Great advice, however it is a good idea to find out just how far left or right either candidate is in their respective party. I don't think an extreme in either direction is what I would look for. I don't think you are going to find an unbiased source of information, so read the issues from both sides and see where your man stands.

As far as Kerry is concerned, you might want to investigate a lot deeper than Bush. This is only because has been on record a lot longer and has had plenty of opportunities to choose both sides of most topics. The one topic you will never see Kerry flip-flop is when there is a tax increase. He will vote in an increase every time.

As far as the creating jobs example above, you can kiss that good-bye. Kerry has not given any information on how he would make an changes to anything. All he has done was bash what is already in place, without any attempt to shed some light on what he would do different. This is why it is a good idea for you to search a long time back to see how Kerry has dealt with the same issues over and over.

eg8r

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kerry also came back the first chance he got. He must be so proud. <hr /></blockquote> According the his commander (or whatever the guy is called) Kerry had very very minor incidents however he demanded a purple heart. One was a scratch on his finger, which looked like something that would happen if a finger nail scratched you. He also invoked a very seldom used rule that if you are wounded 3 times you will be sent back. He never finished out his tour over there, he was sent home early. He never spent a day in medical. How could someone who was hurt in battle, enough to be sent home, not spend one day in the hospital for medical needs. Does this not raise any questions at all?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-21-2004, 08:47 AM
eg8r, on the old tv show called McHale's Navy, McHale got a purple heart when he cut his finger opening a beer can. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

moblsv
04-21-2004, 08:48 AM
"begin to see the patterns in how they manipulate thier listeners." i.e. the "liberal media" myth

t411
04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote> Great advice, however it is a good idea to find out just how far left or right either candidate is in their respective party. I don't think an extreme in either direction is what I would look for. eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r, I would say that bush is too extreme but I guess it's all relevant.

eg8r
04-21-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eg8r, I would say that bush is too extreme but I guess it's all relevant. <hr /></blockquote> I have joked before he is middle of the road. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He is a spend-aholic just like his favorite Dems.

eg8r