PDA

View Full Version : I won, and it felt good.

MaineEAck
04-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Well, there is a medium size tourney about an our north of me (Bangor Maine) and It is handicapped( lowest being a 5 and there is an 11 there!) well I am a 7 and no one got past 5 on me in the whole tourney. I made it to the end of the winners bracket and had to play some guy named Jeff Kennedy for the Hot seat. I guess he is one of the best snooker players in Canada. Well anyway I beat him 7-2 and had to wait about 6 hours before I played in the finals. And sure enough it was Jeff Kennedy who came back through the losers side to get some revenge.
It was about 3:15 A.M. and I was really tired( Jeff went to his hotel and slept for a while in between matches) And I pulled through and beat him 7-4 or 7-5 it was so much fun, and it felt sooo great!! I have to thank Ken Tewksbury <a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardinstructor.org/>http://www.billiardinstructor.org/</a> for all that he has thought me. And for everyone on this board that has given me advice about my game and life!
THANKS EVERYONE

Barbara
04-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Congrats Jordan! Relish that feeling and maybe write down a couple of things that helped you feel so good and kept you stable at the table.

Yes, Tewks is a great teacher. I didn't get as much instruction from him as I did RandyG, but he really helped this one student who had been playing for only about a year. Ken stayed with him even after the workshops were over and worked with him.

Barbara~~~Pool School was a good thing!!

cheesemouse
04-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Way to go on your win. It really is a special feeling to get there with all those mind mines going off in your head. Good job kid!!

MikeM
04-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Way to go Jordan! Always nice to hear a success story. Especially from a CCBer.

MM

JimS
04-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Way to go Jordan!!! I'm very happy for you. Makes me smile to have a friend be successful in such a big way.

MaineEAck
04-30-2002, 05:21 AM
Thanks Everyone for all the support! It helps a lot... Someone once told me that I was afraid to win, and I think that they were right... and I have done a lot better in tourneys after thinking about it and getting over it!

Kato
04-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Jordan, I think it's great that you played so well, stayed focused, won when you were tired. You show mental toughness and a great, enthusiastic attitude. Keep up the good work.

Kato

Ralph S.
04-30-2002, 10:18 PM
A hearty congratulations to you Jordan, that is quite an accomplishment. It is definitely one you will never forget. One thing to keep in mind is now that you have reached the pinnacle, don't lose that killer instinct. If you can maintain that I predict many,many more wins will come your way.
Ralph S.