PDA

View Full Version : Rules Questions

Yoda
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
I have 3 rules questions, mostly pertaining to 8-ball.
1. Your opponent has left the 8 ball deep in the pocket. As you shoot, the 8 ball falls in on its own. You were shooting a cut shot so that the cue ball stays on the table. Do you win? The cue ball never touched the 8-ball.
2. Same situation, but you are shooting a stop shot. With nothing to stop the cue ball, the cue ball goes right in the pocket. Do you lose?
3. Your opponent hs obviously fouled. He grabs the cue ball before it stops rolling and might have broken up a cluster of your balls. What's the penalty?

Barbara
04-21-2004, 03:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yoda:</font><hr> I have 3 rules questions, mostly pertaining to 8-ball.
1. Your opponent has left the 8 ball deep in the pocket. As you shoot, the 8 ball falls in on its own. You were shooting a cut shot so that the cue ball stays on the table. Do you win? The cue ball never touched the 8-ball.

<font color="blue">You replace the 8-ball to where it was and same with the cue ball and you shoot the shot. Rule 3.31 in the BCA rule book</font color>

2. Same situation, but you are shooting a stop shot. With nothing to stop the cue ball, the cue ball goes right in the pocket. Do you lose?

<font color="blue">See above.</font color>

3. Your opponent hs obviously fouled. He grabs the cue ball before it stops rolling and might have broken up a cluster of your balls. What's the penalty?

<font color="blue">I'd have to call in rule 32.9 - Special Intentional Foul Penalty - and warn the player that if it happens again, it will be loss of game.</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Barbara

<font color="blue">Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running.</font color>