PDA

View Full Version : The Republic of Texas

eg8r
04-22-2004, 05:49 AM
It is a shame I no longer live in Texas... [ QUOTE ]
Republic of Texas :

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the inauguration route, the folks from Texas have decided that we might just take matters into our own hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States (all 49 states).

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic of Texas .

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

NASA in Houston, Texas (we will control the space industry).

We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .

Defense Industry (we have over 65% of it). The term "Don't Mess With Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.

Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel , Etc., Etc. (The list goes on and on.)

Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

We have enough colleges to keep us going: U.T., Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston , Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

Airline - We have the finest airline in the world, Southwest Airlines got its start at Love Field, right here in Dallas .

We have a ready supply of workers
(just open the border when we need some more).

We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation gets really bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and vegetable produce and everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have. Yep, we even have the prettiest women in the world!

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 miles per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV, as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed,

The People in Texas <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r &lt;~~~Doesn't mind the Florida women /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nhp
04-22-2004, 06:11 AM
lol just a funny thought....
Suppose World War III broke out, it would be China, N.Korea, Russia, Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and...........................Texas.

eg8r
04-22-2004, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol just a funny thought....
Suppose World War III broke out, it would be China, N.Korea, Russia, Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and...........................Texas. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif However, please remove France and Spain. They will not be much help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2004, 06:32 AM
I love Southwest Airlines. The first we flew them it was around Christmas. The stewardesses all were wearing Christmas sweats (with tight pants). One of them did a stand-up comedy bit during the flight and they gave us free beer because it was Christmas. Pretty cool.

dg-in-centralpa
04-22-2004, 08:17 PM
You can add The Netherlands to the list of being no help. They didn't defend their country in WW2. The were taken over without ever firing a shot. Can't figure out why Q is so down on us for being the policeman, when everybody wants us to do that. His country is as yellow as the French. I'm a Republican but I don't always side with GW. But like it or not, he is still the President and deserves some respect. I didn't always like what Slick Willie did, but I still respected him nonetheless as President. I don't know why anyone would want that job. No matter what you do, the opposite party will condemn you. Clinton made promises about Bin Laden and other terrist acts but didn't follow thru, now GW is following thru and the Democrats don't like it. You can't have it both ways.

DG - will vote for Howard Stern for president this year

Qtec
04-23-2004, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can add The Netherlands to the list of being no help. They didn't defend their country in WW2. The were taken over without ever firing a shot. <hr /></blockquote>

DG, you dont know what you are talking about.

It might come as a surprise to you but Nederland, for the most part is under sea level.The Germans had blown dykes and half the country was under water. Crops destroyed, people homeless etc.In some villages the whole male population was shot.
Then came the Bombing of Rotterdam.
95% of the city was destroyed. If you take a walk in Rotterdam today you will see that there are very few pre-war houses.
The Germans had totall air superiority and could bomb at will.Rotterdam was Japans Hiroshima.

[ QUOTE ]
Can't figure out why Q is so down on us for being the policeman, when everybody wants us to do that. <hr /></blockquote>

First of all,if you want to play[ self-appionted] policeman,then you have to go by the Law.
You have to be fair and seen to be fair.

This is not the case.

Q

Nightstalker
04-23-2004, 08:45 AM
You just can't make everyone happy, to even try is retarded. If they whine and cry for help and don't like how they get it, fukk em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

moblsv
04-23-2004, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif However, please remove France and Spain. They will not be much help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

API and UPI report that the French Government announced today that in light of the Madrid bombing, France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to "hide." (The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and "collaborate.")

Nightstalker
04-23-2004, 09:23 AM
LMFAO moblsv. It in unfortunate that France is not the only country in that area which is like that.

rukiddingme
04-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Seems like this is a fine example of Congressional P O R K...
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2004, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Seems like this is a fine example of Congressional P O R K...
ruk <hr /></blockquote>

Yep. LBJ was the most powerful man in Congress for many years and he wielded his power with a Machievllian flair /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

More recently we find the FBI fingerprint facility in, of all places, West Virginia, thanks to Sen. Robert KKK Byrd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rukiddingme
04-23-2004, 11:31 AM
WW2 is something I know something about...my family endured german occuapation in 2 wars...my family on both my mother and fathers side were members of the resistance...my family hid shot down english airmen...members of my family fought with Patton in the battle of the bulge...members of my family went to Dachau for their involvement with the resistance...members of my family went to german forced labor camps so ...members of my family had their homes ransacked when the germans invaded...members of my family died with countless refugees fleeing the Germans...members of my family had their home turned into a german hospital/operating room when the allies pushed forward...everyone remembers where they were on d-day...they all are grateful to their compratriots as well as the english and americans who risked and gave their lives for their freedom...
Ask me where I was last Memorial Day. I was in Bastogne at the American Memorial where Belgians and Americans honored those who lost their lives in an effort to beat the Nazis...
The Nazis represent everything that is evil and corrupt. Those that helped them were evil and corrupt and yes there were many collaborators...but the point is that for once good triumphed over evil.
ruk