PDA

View Full Version : Southern Billiards ring game this week end,

Carlton31698
04-22-2004, 07:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following is the updated information on the Ring-Games to be held during the Spring Fever Tournaments.

The purpose of this post is simply to provide updated information on the ring games and, as such, replies or posts can not be made to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$4,000 INVITATIONAL PROGRESSIVE RING GAME
9 pm Friday April 23rd, 2004; $500 Entry

The confirmed entries are:

Chuck Raulston, Poplur Bluff, MO;
Harold McAbee, Tuscaloosa, AL;
Justin Pearson, Thomastown, MS;
"Coach" Keith Morgan, Starkville, MS;
Nic Vita, Memphis, TN;
Nicklos Hickerson, Manchester, TN;
Sam Gilmer, Starkville, MS; and
Will "Creole" Perry, Magnolia Springs, AL

Eight players have committed and entry is closed to the Friday night Ring Game.

Andy "Plowboy" Nichols has graciously agreed to Rack and function as Table Referee for the Friday night $500 entry ring game. "Plowboy" should do an excellent job, for as noted on his profile for this discussion board, by his on admission, he is a "World Class Racker".

$12,000 INVITATIONAL PROGRESSIVE RING GAME
8 pm Saturday April 24th, 2004; $1,500 Entry

Currently the confirmed entries are:

Brian Groce, Columbus, IN;
David Matlock, Poplur Bluff, MO;
Denver Barger, Seymour, IN;
Eric Durbin, Middletown, OH;
George Breedlove, Indianapolis, IN;
John Drew Hager, San Antonio, TX;
John "Lil John" Marcias, Hattiesburg, MS. and
Jonathan Hennessee, Manchester, TN.

Eight players have committed and entry is closed to the Saturday night Ring Game.

"Coach" Keith Morgan has graciously agreed to Rack and function as Table Referee for the Saturday night $1,500 entry ring game. As those that saw and those that played in the the Profressive Ring Game last October will attest, Coach will do an excellent job. Of course, there are those that would say "Coach should be able to give a perfect rack, for he knows every way there is to give a bad one!"

Interested in participating in Fall Follies Ring Games?

If you know of a player that would like to be invited to play in the next tournament, Fall Follies in late October or early November, 2004, donít hesitate to contact mel, or have them contact me, and talk with me in full confidence. I may be reached at 662-323-7665 or Professor@SouthernBilliards.com.

Carlton31698
04-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Who do you like in both ring games?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Carlton31698:</font><hr> Who do you like in both ring games? <hr /></blockquote>

Breedlove or Durb. Don't know the guys in the other game. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Voodoo Daddy
04-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Brian Groce, Columbus, IN;
David Matlock, Poplur Bluff, MO;
Denver Barger, Seymour, IN;
Eric Durbin, Middletown, OH;
George Breedlove, Indianapolis, IN;
John Drew Hager, San Antonio, TX;
John "Lil John" Marcias, Hattiesburg, MS. and
Jonathan Hennessee, Manchester, TN.

I like Durbin with Hager as the darkhorse...JMO

RUNaRAK
04-22-2004, 11:39 AM
My vote goes to the "Durb" also. Quite a sporty player when he keeps his head on straight!

cycopath
04-22-2004, 01:13 PM
I like Creole in Friday night's game. Just because he shoots pretty jam up and he's my step brother. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I'll take Lil John in Saturday nights game. After his loss to Schimdt a couple weeks ago, he needs this win.

Pelican
04-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Breedlove if he's 'on'. Otherwise Hennessey.

Got to go with 'Creole' on Friday, 'specially since I staked him /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Vagabond
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Five players did not show up.it was supposed to start at 8Pm.Finally they started it at 10Pm with only 4 players.
Few weeks ago ring Game in New orleans was cancelld.Now 5 players did not show up in Starkville.
It appears that pool players are not dependable.cheers
vagabond

cycopath
04-26-2004, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr>It appears that pool players are not dependable.<hr /></blockquote>

Well, I'll be. What's the world coming to?

The guys that did play, played some great pool.

Carlton31698
04-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Yea they did. I think the small ring game went off great, those guyes all played their hearts out. There was not much we could do about players not showing, and coming short on the money. Over all it was a great weekend. cycopath you will have to give me a remach in the fall, I'll play better, I couldn't play any worse LOL.

cycopath
04-27-2004, 09:58 AM
We'll definitely have a rematch in the fall, if not before.

I can't stop thinking about your cue. Man, that thing's beautiful. Creole and I were talking about it yesterday. We both agreed, it played great and had the looks to match.

Carlton31698
04-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks Ezell Custom Cues did a great job on it.

Carlton31698
05-01-2004, 06:21 AM
the real story Southern Billiards Ring game what happened and why (http://p199.ezboard.com/fmississippibilliardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=178. topic)

cycopath
05-01-2004, 09:45 AM
At least the Professor and others (nudge nudge wink wink, Carlton) got the thing to happen, as opposed to the Corner Pocket ring game that never happened in Louisiana.

Carlton31698
05-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks. Carlton