PDA

View Full Version : Chalk

Cuemage
04-29-2002, 06:43 PM
I've always thought Master had the best chalk, but at a recent tournament I witnessed an older very experienced player hiss at the blue Master chalk at the table. He said it was a block of crap in so many words. Is this not the best chalk out there? I have also tried Silver Cup but didn't like it.

Tha Cuemage

MaineEAck
04-29-2002, 06:47 PM
I have been to different pool halls with the same chalk, and have the chalks stay on the tip much much more differently. I think that it all depends of the humidity, like different brands work differently then others.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-29-2002, 07:50 PM
I am open minded enough to give any NEW chalk a try.. but I still keep coming back to MASTERS.. most good players do..

TonyM
04-29-2002, 11:12 PM
I've never heard anyone call Master's blue a "piece of crap". I think that it is excellent chalk. Myself? I prefer the triangle blue chalk, but I can't really say why.

Tony
-known to microwave chalk and other wierd stuff that won't be mentioned!

Rod
04-29-2002, 11:24 PM
You have a point there Jordan. The humidity sometimes makes the chalk mushy for lack of a better word. It doesn't cover the tip as well as when it's dry.

Rod
04-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Speaking of chalk, you ought to see ants try to get out of a piece of worn chalk. Try as they might, their stuck!
When you get really bored you learn this stuff.

04-30-2002, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Speaking of chalk, you ought to see ants try to get out of a piece of worn chalk. Try as they might, their stuck!
When you get really bored you learn this stuff. <hr></blockquote>

what???!!?!

you are saying that if an ant get's into the deep dip in old chalk it...what???

dan...i gotta hear this.

Doctor_D
04-30-2002, 06:20 AM
Good morning:

My guess would be, after a significant period of time, that you could watch the ant fossilize !!!

Dr. D.

04-30-2002, 07:06 AM
I've always been told that the chalk is to help us play better pool, but I'm not so sure. When I'm shooting at the pocket, but I hit the rail instead, there is no doubt in my mind that it's the fault of the chalk. I may try some Sportscreme or something on my cue tip.

Rod
04-30-2002, 08:56 AM
Dan, one night my bartender and I was finishing up after closing. She was wiping down the rails and noticed 2 or 3 ants trying to climb up the slope in a peice of chalk. They could get part way but then their legs would just slip in the powder. Were both easily intertained.

Ralph S.
04-30-2002, 10:26 PM
And I thought I was hard-pressed for some cheap entertainment. Actually kind of a funny story.
Ralph S.&gt;still trying to get outta that darn chalk cube.

04-30-2002, 10:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Were both easily intertained. <hr></blockquote>

i understand "easily entertained".

dan...lookin for ants.

05-01-2002, 01:32 AM
Try some Triangle chalk. It is the best I have ever used.