PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that finds...

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2004, 11:08 AM
that Bring Your Brat--er, I mean your Kid to Work Day a nuisance?

Nightstalker
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
No, you're not the only one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

t411
04-22-2004, 11:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> that Bring Your Brat--er, I mean your Kid to Work Day a nuisance? <hr /></blockquote>
Not a lot running around here this year, not like in past years. How many do you have wrecking the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-22-2004, 11:57 AM
We have quite a few here this year. It does not bother me too much because I sit at my desk with my headphones on and I am jamming out while I work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif When I do need to answer the phone or turn the music down for whatever reason, I have noticed it is much louder in the room during bring-your-brat to work day.

I think the one thing I hate the most about it, are all the fake smiles and new friends. Some of these people have the audacity to act like we are best friends while their kid is here and then they turn back into the monster when their brat goes home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Too many. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

moblsv
04-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Is that today? Around here there aren't even many employees in today. Maybe everybody took thier kids to where they told them they worked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Ugh, the worst ones are the daughters/sons of the bosses. Everybody bends over backwards for them. Puhlease, I just keep on walking. I helped out back when it was only Bring Your Daughters to Work Day--that was back in '93-'94. Then I "volunteered" (the hell I did) two more times when it became Bring Your Children to Work Day (that's when they included boys) and I haven't "volunteered" again. Thank God!

I got back from lunch and my visitor's chair was missing and my gym bag that was sitting in my visitor's chair was now on top of a laptop that I was working on. The nerve...

Why anyone would want to bring their kid to one of the most threatened buildings in NY is beyond me. Oh get this. They took the sweet little innocent kids down to the Federal Police with the bomb sniffing dogs. The kids were supplied with bones or whatever and threw them in the Federal Police Van so that they can see the nice little doggies fetch them. Whatever happen to the security code???

Wendy&lt;---maybe I'm just being a grouch lately.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2004, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ..I got back from lunch and my visitor's chair was missing and my gym bag that was sitting in my visitor's chair was now on top of a laptop that I was working on. The nerve... <hr /></blockquote>

One time some guy's kid locked the men's room stall from the inside and then crawled out under the door. I guess he saw that on Happy Days or something.

I work with ten guys. No kids here /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I used to be friends with an exotic dancer who had 2 little girls. She didn't take them to work.

pooltchr
04-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Kids are bored
Parents are distracted
Bosses are obnoxious
Bosses kids are more obnoxious
Non parents are pi$$ed off

Sounds like a GREAT idea. Must be government funded!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-22-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got back from lunch and my visitor's chair was missing and my gym bag that was sitting in my visitor's chair was now on top of a laptop that I was working on. The nerve...
<hr /></blockquote> That happened earlier today. I just had to walk across the hall and take it back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
04-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Ha. I usually work from home that day.

At work:
Rug Rats and new employees have the same irritating presence. Both are useless at work on the 1st day.

Barbara
04-22-2004, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> that Bring Your Brat--er, I mean your Kid to Work Day a nuisance? <hr /></blockquote>

You know, today, the mother in the cube across from me brought her two sons in. All day. My company had some videos and put out some food for them, but that was between 10 and noon. These kids were playing around the cubes ALL FREAKING DAY! And what is she doing? Working. While her cubemate plays with HER kids.

I say, bring the kids to work for two hours, three max. That's it. Then take them home and stay there with them. BTW, also make anyone who wants to bring their kids in charge a vacation day for that day to compensate for all the work that's not getting done.

Barbara~~~had no peace today but managed to get a few things done...

<font color="blue">When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.</font color>

Chris Cass
04-23-2004, 11:09 PM
HAHAHAHA

Chris Cass
04-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Wendy,

I know it seems a bit much for the single person without children but I think the idea was suppose to promote a family envornment at the workplace. Kind of bond the co-workers togather like a family.

It's not really a work day that something should get done. More like a goof off day. With women so heavily in the workforce today, I feel it's a good thing. Not seeing your child is tough all day, after giving birth to them. One day a yr is kind of nice. For the single person without child, it's nice too. They can just do nothing all day. Maybe even play grandparent and spoil someone elses for a day and leave the parent with the headache later. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~knows RJ played with all the kids all day. RJ would make an awesome Dad. He's already an awesome uncle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thinks Wendy would make an awesome Mommy one day too.

highsea
04-24-2004, 06:52 AM

In my neck of the woods we call it "career day"

A few years ago, I was doing flight training for my private pilot license. My flight instructor at the time was a gentleman named Darren. On this particular day, he chose, or was forced into to "adopting" a kid for the day.

As it happened, I was scheduled to be practicing instrument recoveries. When we met up at the flight line, he introduced this young fellow to me, (I forget the kids name), and asked if it was OK if he rode along. Sure, so we cram ourselves into the plane and head for the Enumclaw plateau. (Western Washington practice area)

Remember when I said "instrument recoveries?" For the student, this means inhibiting your outside view with a special hood, so that you can only see the dash of the airplane. The instructor puts the plane through a series of maneuvers intended to disorient the student (me), who then recovers when he is given the OK to take the airplane. No Biggee.

After a few of these somewhat dizzying excersizes, Darren decides we should do some stall cyles. These are very basic maneuvers. Make the plane stop flying, make it fly again. Yawn.

Anyway, Darren says lets do a departure stall.

Now, I have done this at least 500 times, but never under the hood, so I am a little nervous. It goes like this: Trim the plane out at a safe practice altidude (let's say 2500 ft AGL). Pick a heading. (doesn't matter, say 360). Reduce airspeed to departure speed (55 kts for my C172). Trim the plane to takeoff trim (no flaps, full throttle). Stall the airplane by pitching the nose up. Recover.

When the plane stops flying, of course it starts falling. You have to recover from the stall without losing more than 500 feet of altitude, and be on the original heading, to be successful.

So anyway, I forget to slow the airplane down to 55 kts. before entering the maneuver. Now this kid has been pretty quiet up till now, but I pitched up the plane at 115 kts, and I'm sitting there under the hood waiting for the stall, and it isn't happening. I didn't loop my little 172, but I did a classic hammerhead, which is a tailstand and wingover.

Kid barfs on my flightbag in the backseat. End of lesson.

-CM

Kato
04-24-2004, 08:35 PM
In a company with 300 some odd employees, at least 50% women, there were lot's of kids running around. However, they do have to work. They did filing, threw away boxes, cleaned out my closet, and folded shirts. Sure they get to go watch a movie and my buddy Louis and I took his daughter and the girl that was helping her to lunch but I felt I should pay for the labor a little bit /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~not sure about being a good Dad but I can assure you I am one Jam Up Uncle /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif