PDA

View Full Version : TWISTERS !

bigshooter
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
We've had to go to a tornado shelter for 2 days in a row here in Oklahoma.
Bigshooter hates tornadoes and can't wait for the twister season to be over with.
They touched down within a few miles of us yesterday and today.

Barbara
04-22-2004, 05:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> We've had to go to a tornado shelter for 2 days in a row here in Oklahoma.
Bigshooter hates tornadoes and can't wait for the twister season to be over with.
They touched down within a few miles of us yesterday and today. <hr /></blockquote>

Bigshooter,

At least you're alive and well. Count your blessings. Stay well and safe!!

Barbara

<font color="blue">For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.</font color>

stickman
04-23-2004, 09:53 PM
I have high regard for them now. I've lived in tornado country nearly my entire life. (SEKansas) I never paid too much attention until my home was destoyed with me in it. We were more fortunate than others, at least ours was still standing. I had neighbors next door that were completely leveled.

bigshooter
04-24-2004, 08:33 AM
We lived in central Nebraska for years and also went through a tornado while hiding in our basement so we know what they can do as well.
We live in a small apartment complex and it is a short drive to a good shelter nearby, our neighbors just laugh us off when we try to tell them they should take take it seriously, I am hoping they never have to learn the hard way.

CarolNYC
04-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Oh my goodness-I just can't imagine the devastation of a tornado-within a FEW miles-you bet your a$$, I woulda went to a shelter,too! Good for you and I am glad you are well!
I was watching the news and saw tornadoes going through Illinois and emailed a few friends here on the board-they are fine, but Blackheart sent me some pictures of a house a mile from him and a golf course that use to be surrounded by trees-unbelievable!
Take care!
Carol~also hoping "twister season" is over soon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif