PDA

View Full Version : smoking update

cueball1950
04-22-2004, 09:28 PM
I just thought i would let everyone know that i am coming up on about 10 weks now and i am feeling great. Except for the 20lbs i have put on. My grandchildren, especially 1 granddaughter named Farron, have made it so easy for me. She calls me up and asks how i am doing and when i tell her i have not smoked she tells me that she is so proud of me and if i was there she would give me a big hug. That has made it so easy. Now i know i will never go back cuz that would disappoint her and break her heart. and i will never do that..anyway, enough rambling on...............mike

PQQLK9
04-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Way to go Mike, and yes I know about those extra pounds...my taste buds came to life and food never tasted so good. It's still a good trade off. hang tough buddy.

cheesemouse
04-23-2004, 06:15 AM
Cueball1950,

Congradulations!!!! I wish I had a grandaugher too inspire me...I managed to quit for three years. I was so proud of myself but I got weak and fell off the wagon......the battle continues...once again good for you and your family......

Nightstalker
04-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Congrats! Keep it up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Congratulations. I hope the next 10 weeks fly by and are easier than the first 10.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
04-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Woohoo! Way to go! 20lbs??? You looked great when I saw you in VF!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2004, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>.. Except for the 20lbs i have put on...<hr /></blockquote>

Whatever you do, do not start smoking pot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Congrtaulations Mike. Keep it up.

nAz
04-23-2004, 08:31 AM
ya you don't want to cause a shortage and drive Wally nutz /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CueBall congrats, stay strong never go back because beside it being bad for you it's also freaking expensive /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ras314
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey cueball, since we both quit about the same time how about a small added incentive to stay quit? Say a steak dinner at CBIII if either starts again or something?

SPetty
04-23-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> ...how about a small added incentive to stay quit? <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA - if you want a real incentive... If either or both of you are stupid enough to start smoking again before September, you'll get the bill for the entire CCB Friday night dinner! HAHAHA C'mon, any takers? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
04-23-2004, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> ...how about a small added incentive to stay quit? <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA - if you want a real incentive... If either or both of you are stupid enough to start smoking again before September, you'll get the bill for the entire CCB Friday night dinner! HAHAHA C'mon, any takers? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah!! That's the ticket!!!

Barbara

<font color="blue">Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all the unhappy people.</font color>

dg-in-centralpa
04-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Mike! While I've never smoked, many of my relatives and friends did and told me how hard it was to kick the habit.

DG - best of luck to you

ras314
04-23-2004, 06:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> ...how about a small added incentive to stay quit? <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA - if you want a real incentive... If either or both of you are stupid enough to start smoking again before September, you'll get the bill for the entire CCB Friday night dinner! HAHAHA
C'mon, any takers? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Uh...do they take checks? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
04-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.there is so much love and understanding on here, you have all helped to make it easier for me. About the steak dinner, you are on. If either one of us has a cigarette, he has to buy the other dinner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif. It is going to be so great seeing everyone again. I can't hardly wait........mike

Sid_Vicious
04-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey ras, whatcha worried about anyways, you're not losin' ;-) sid

ras314
04-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, hopefully nobody loses of course. However smoking seems much easier to quit than to stay quit....

SPetty
04-24-2004, 06:24 AM
C'mon, ras314, you can do it. We're rooting for you, man. If you've gone 10 or so weeks without smoking, you are now officially a non-smoker! You don't smoke. I think I told you, you may always want to smoke, but you don't. You are a non-smoker. If you choose to smoke now, it's a choice, and you know it would be a very bad choice to smoke again. Remember, you are now a non-smoker. You don't smoke. Period.

Kato
04-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Now that is one expensive dinner!!!!!!!

Kato~~~thinks the bill was over $500 last year

CarolNYC
04-25-2004, 03:33 AM
Way to go,Mike! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol