PDA

View Full Version : Owning a Schon

StormHotRod300
04-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Ok, i bought a Schon LTD back in Feb of 2000, well i bought it from a place i found online, down in texas, Hawleys. Well called the place up, and talked to a lady down there, had a couple pool cues in mind, and they had the Schon cue in stock there, that i was interested in. I was told that the LTD cues are made for a limited time, and then the design is changed.

So after i bought the cue, i was down shooting pool, at the local hall in town, and me and a couple other guys was talking about cues, with the Owner, and i said something about the Schon, being limited. And the Owner said that they arnt as Limited as you think.

Well i just got back into playing after not playing in about a yr or so. And i went to the same Web page i got my cue from, and looked at the Schons, i didnt see a cue on there that looked anything like mine. And the only time i have seen the same cue as mine, was a lady on Tour using it on TV.

So it made me wonder just how Rare the Limited series is by Schon.

Then a week ago, me and a guy at the same pool hall was talking about cues, cuz he was checking out a old cue, i first got when i was 10, and i show'd him my Schon, and he said that a Schon is a cue that someone doesnt just go out n buy on a whim to have.

So it makes me wonder why type of guy would wanna buy a Schon? And how rare are the LTD series

Predator314
04-23-2004, 05:12 AM
I think the LTD series, they only make 12. Not sure about that though.

A lot of people around here own Schons and love them. They mostly rave about the way they play, not really about the design or whatever. I was thinking of buying a Schon not too long ago and one of my friends let me borrow his and play with it for a good while. I just didn't like it. Sure it was a pretty cue, but I didn't like that slim butt. It played way different than my Predator cues of the past.

Fred Agnir
04-23-2004, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote StormHotRod300:</font><hr>
So after i bought the cue, i was down shooting pool, at the local hall in town, and me and a couple other guys was talking about cues, with the Owner, and i said something about the Schon, being limited. And the Owner said that they arnt as Limited as you think. <hr /></blockquote> Maybe there was some communication breakdown. The Schön LTD are usually limited to 12 cues of that design. I don't know if that means they change the model number and make another 12 if they just change the "highlight wood" or main forearm or what.

[ QUOTE ]
and he said that a Schon is a cue that someone doesnt just go out n buy on a whim to have<hr /></blockquote>Sure it is, for some people.

Fred

StormHotRod300
04-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, that makes me feel alot better about, how rare mine is. And i do remember someone saying that on the Schon LTD series they normally either, change the whole design or, make changes, to the cue lil by lil over the whole thing.

But thats kewl, that I may i have 1 of 12 cues of this design. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cuttyshark
04-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Maybe 212 - Only Evan knows for sure. I bought an Ltd at the cue show 6 years ago and then a couple months later, the PH I frequent got the exact same unit (exact). I have another which I've seen 2 others - one in a mag ad and one personally. A coincidence? Sure, but I think what they did/do is make a particular setup/design and then make a bunch. Then, they never make that exact design again, and call it a limited(which it is) - as opposed to their standard line cues - you can always get a SL13.

Chris Cass
04-26-2004, 06:41 AM
Hi SHR,

I know the shaft pins are different also. Might be a good thing or might not be but either way. You don't give up the quality Schon shafts are known for.

Regards,

C.C.

dooziexx
04-26-2004, 09:07 AM
As far as I know, some ltds have just 10-12 cues each and some are more. It really depends on what Evan feels like doing.

Jimmy B
04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote StormHotRod300:</font><hr> i show'd him my Schon, and he said that a Schon is a cue that someone doesnt just go out n buy on a whim to have.

So it makes me wonder why type of guy would wanna buy a Schon? <hr /></blockquote>

Ummmmm Good question, Wait what kind of question is that??

JB

rocky
04-27-2004, 03:39 PM
This is pasted from the websight.

Schon slt's is a collection of 21 cues which are the classic favorites from our 21 years of cuemaking.

Schon SP are special cues which are not made on a regular basis. There is no set number and no naming system. The edition could be 1 or 2 cues or 30 cues.

Schon LTD cues are special editions made in small lots of 12 cues or less, one time only.

Schon Elite are cues which are made in an edition of no more than 7 cues, one time only.

Schon Unique are one of a kind cues.

Chris Cass
04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi Rocky,

My kid has a sl10. I bought it for him. It's a nice looking cue and is loaded with ivory. 48 pieces to be exact. Nice ring work and hit's great. He loves it so much. He's forever testing it's strength lately. Banging it on the floor and so far the butt cap is still in tact. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I hope he grows out of the frustration thing soon.

Regards,

C.C.