PDA

View Full Version : Last nights tourney

nAz
04-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I played in one last night that featured a lot of talent Jean B., Gerda, Helena, Web, Dokovic and nAz /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Incredibly i drew a bracket that had some weak players I spotted the first three guys the 7B, I learned a couple of lessons. I played badly in ther race to 4. I was down in each match 3-1 and some how was able to pull it through. lesson one never give up! if your opponent can win three in a row why can't you?
The next match was even up I was down 3-0 and came back hill hill , I had to play a good safe and it worked out , i had B.I.H. with five balls left then I get out of line on the 7b, rather then play a safe i took a stupid shot, made the 7 and scratched. I was about to conceded the match with two easy shots left but decided to let him play it out. well he got stuck on the rail and had to shoot a pretty easy cut shot when the nerves kicked in and he miss cued giving me BIN. what a way to win the match huh? lesson Two always make them shot the last ball, you never know.
Anyway after all that i played Monica who would just break and run. run right through me.I think i was being spotted the 8b or maybe 7b did not matter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif what a weird stroke she has but its consistent so it works for her.
Only lesson i learned here is that i need lots more work on my game /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
04-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Lucky S.O.B. I wish I could stand at the same table against any of them. And you have all of them in the tourney, geez. Rough pool life you got there Nazzy. Good job though. Gotta love nice brackets.

PQQLK9
04-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Way to go nAzerath /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Leviathan
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Good job, Naz: that ability to hang tough and find a way to win difficult matches is impressive. Many of us find ways to lose the close ones. Must be interesting shooting with that group. I remember watching Webb and Thornfeldt play practice games at Mother's, in Charlotte. Webb was trying to get position by slow-rolling shots, and Thornfeldt showed her that it was easier to get position by hitting the CB with medium speed and going back and forth across the table. Thornfeldt plays that kind of shot with great skill. Good lesson! Also, Thornfeldt hated to lose a single game, even in practice. Very intense. She's one of my favorite players--very human, seems to be a first-class person.--AS

cycopath
04-23-2004, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> he miss cued giving me BIN.<hr /></blockquote>

Ball in navel?

ras314
04-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Monica who?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Monica who? <hr /></blockquote>

Webb. She and Helena are ...uh... friends.

9 Ball Girl
04-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Monica Webb (http://azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showplayer2004.cfm?playernum=8)

ras314
04-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh. Was thinking of another Monica but didn't think she played in that part of the country.

Keith Talent
04-23-2004, 10:11 PM
nAz,

Nice going, coming from behind so many times. Takes real confidence to do that.

Most people, usually including me, tend to tighten up in those situations and not quite get there. Probably has a lot to do with how well you know your game and whether you still feel "entitled" to win after getting off to a lousy start.

For myself, I became a pretty good comeback artist in tennis --- where I'd be a low A player -- and have won a fair number of sets from 5-1 or even 5-0 down, even tiebreakers to 7, down 6-0, -- but haven't done anything like that in pool yet. Still nothin but a front-runner, when I can get there, unfortunately.

Chris Cass
04-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Geez nAz,

I thought I taught you better than that. Losing to a bunch of girls. How pathetic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did ya get lucky atleast? hahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
04-24-2004, 03:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Geez nAz,

I thought I taught you better than that. Losing to a bunch of girls. How pathetic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did ya get lucky atleast? hahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ummmm He has the wrong equipment to Ummm be friends with them.
JB

nAz
04-26-2004, 08:28 AM
I like to think of it as being over equipped /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks guys, I still played badly though kept choking on easy shots or just getting out of line on easy position. like they say "nothings easy in this game" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~~naz needs to work on mental game!