PDA

View Full Version : E-BAY IVORY

BLACKHEART
04-24-2004, 09:19 PM
There is a small IVORY tusk for sale on E-BAY. The poster says it is 6 1/2" "DIAMETER",yet it shows a hand easily holding it in their hand. This must be a 6 1/2" CIRCUMFERENCE. HUGE DIFFERENCE. It is also hollow, which makes it nearly useless for ant cue part. BUYER BEWARE...JER

Jimmy B
04-25-2004, 03:05 AM
Those who don't know what they are buying deserve what they get.

JB

bigshooter
04-25-2004, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Those who don't know what they are buying deserve what they get.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't neccessarily agree with that statement.
I have bought a lot of items and depended on the sellers accurate description of the item but it is wise to ask specific questions before bidding.

bluewolf
04-25-2004, 03:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Those who don't know what they are buying deserve what they get.

JB <hr /></blockquote>

There was this guy who believe it or not had been around pool for 30+ years and long time instructor who just thinks he knows everything.

He got this bag of 'ivory' out of his trunk that he had gotten real cheap. He was gloating about taking it to Ted Harris and getting this beautiful cue made. So he pulls this stuff out of the bag. Several of us were looking at it and came to the same idea. Did not look like ivory to us but the bone of some other animal and a couple of the pieces looked like wood. LMAO Well he was going to take it to Ted, anyway, and find out what it really was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

justbrake
04-25-2004, 04:45 PM
I have a funny story from an ebay auction that i can't get outta my mind it's this seller thats selling something and there were jars next to the item and it surely wasn't mention that they were included in the auction and a ebayer bought the item and after reading his feedback to the seller saying he thought the jars were included and the seller said they were not included in the auction,so he said the items were on the table would you like me to send you the table to you morron.

ted harris
04-27-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Those who don't know what they are buying deserve what they get.
JB <hr /></blockquote>

There was this guy who believe it or not had been around pool for 30+ years and long time instructor who just thinks he knows everything.

He got this bag of 'ivory' out of his trunk that he had gotten real cheap. He was gloating about taking it to Ted Harris and getting this beautiful cue made. So he pulls this stuff out of the bag. Several of us were looking at it and came to the same idea. Did not look like ivory to us but the bone of some other animal and a couple of the pieces looked like wood. LMAO Well he was going to take it to Ted, anyway, and find out what it really was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Laura <hr /></blockquote>
The person you are referring to does know a tremendous amount about pool. For quite a long time, he was one of the best one-pocket players in the DC/Baltimore area. Though now he has trouble walking, he still has a virtual encyclopedia of one pocket available to those who can get it out of him.
I still have not seen the "ivory" yet...