PDA

View Full Version : Just having my morning coffee.....

cheesemouse
04-25-2004, 08:08 AM
With every filter you put the Iraq war thru the one thing that seems always to make it out the other end is oil. Religion, if it is true too itself, gets filtered by the one god and the same one at that, only the dogma is different. Politics gets filtered by us saying, if it is true, "you can have your country back after a democratic vote" and that vote may not have the outcome we desire; so be it, after all isn't that what democracy is all about. Terrorism has been around forever and it will continue to be around, the difference now seems to be it's no longer a local problem, let's make it a local problem once again. Military power, who could argue that we have don't have the best ever with the costly technology that no one else can afford to match; all this trumped by simple low technology tactics...anyway one could go on and on...

Now let's assume we have ten years to solve our problems in the Middle East and the solution should be for the good of every American. I suggest we change the world by making oil of little value. What the hell, we went to moon in ten years just because we wanted too. The oil supplys are finite and are predicted to runout in 80>100 years anyway so let's get ahead of the game and be prepared for the inevitable. At the very least rid ourselves of a dependance on oil other than our own. If cars have to change, if power production has to change and companys have to change so be it...America does one thing better than any country in history and that is change. We just do it and the rest of the world looks at us and they either like it or they don't. Let's just do what we do best and leave others alone to buy or not buy our life style. If ten years from now we could say to the oil producing nations "geewiz, we are sorry your oil is worth less than water but, hey, things change and your just going to have to change too. Oh, by the way we have some pretty neat things we could sell you".....

Now I know this all sounds pretty simplistic but I was just having my morning coffee and my mind just started to wonder......LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bluewolf
04-25-2004, 08:54 AM
tap tap tap. Refreshing ideas.

Laura

moblsv
04-25-2004, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> If ten years from now we could say to the oil producing nations "geewiz, we are sorry your oil is worth less than water <hr /></blockquote>

Ten years from now? Have you priced bottled water lately? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Simplistic? Yes. Viable? To me and you but not to the oil-risen hierchy, GW definitely smack dab in the middle. Believe me, there is, and has always been many prime reasons to switch energy sources, and yes, we are capable of engineering those changes, WITH THE RIGHT GOVERNMENTAL SUPPORT." It ain't gonna happen as long as the Big Three sustains triple digit profits, even during the Opec price hikes. It's just plain politics smothered up in plain-jane money, lots of it. What we should really hope for is a leadership in this country who absolutely wishes to do good for the whole of it's people, money excluded. No Dem or Rep will do that, it bites their backer's pockets, and when that money gets affected, people are replaced, or worse yet, killed.

We could wean off of oil, we could flat tax and rid ourselves of the IRS, we could legalize drugs and gain revenue, hell we could outlaw tobacco since we have determined it's a killer w/o doubt...those things are far too simple and politics won't act upon any of them. These political figures know that their job security is already built around another commodity, money. Sad thing is that everyone of us sitting in the middle class section is getting, and going to continue to get, screwed. All of the seniors will have little respect either, there's not enough money to squeeze out of them, so it all comes back to the middle again.

Oil is poisonous in more than just the environmental way. It is a monetary tool of power, no need to call it much less. This leadership is knee-deep with oil men, but the Dems wouldn't shelve oil either, money for their pockets as well. My cup of coffee(Diet Dr. Pepper) tells me that this country has about lived it's average lifespan, milked for what it's worth, and very possibly the best it's going to get right now today,,,,that REALLY makes me ready to rush to a voting booth in November(sarcasm)...sid~~~would vote for the best of the worst, not very appealing though

Cueless Joey
04-25-2004, 10:49 AM
That's funny.
Let's say we no longer have any need for fossil fuel.
So, the economy in the middle east totally collapses.
Where do you think those millions of poor soul will migrate to??????
Some in Europe. And a ton will come here, legally or illegally. It gets better. 5 to 10 yrs after coming here by the millions, they become US citizens. They become then a great voting power. Guess what happens after that?
Yup, the politicians will cater to them. It gets better.
A good number of them are fanatical about their religion.
Oh, guess how that is going to affect us?
It's damned if we and it's damned if we don't.
I think now it's better if we don't.
Now, I say we go after the terrorists not regimes anymore.
If we go after regimes, let's go after them via the air. No more land troops. Just bomb the hell out of them then leave.
That's what Israel did to Irag when they were building their nukes.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2004, 06:04 AM
In my opinion, if someone could make a profit with alternative energy sources, it would have happened already. Until the day that it becomes economically viable, you won't see it.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2004, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>
...We could wean off of oil, we could flat tax and rid ourselves of the IRS, we could legalize drugs and gain revenue, hell we could outlaw tobacco since we have determined it's a killer w/o doubt...those things are far too simple...

<font color="blue">I don't see anything simple about any of the above /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

...My cup of coffee(Diet Dr. Pepper) tells me that this country has about lived it's average lifespan.....

<font color="blue">That's what I thought when Jimmy Carter was Prez. I am more optimistic now /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

cheesemouse
04-26-2004, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> In my opinion, if someone could make a profit with alternative energy sources, it would have happened already. Until the day that it becomes economically viable, you won't see it. <hr /></blockquote>

On the contrary, we could do it not in the name of 'profit' but rather 'national defence'. We can float any boat with that justification.

Wally, just imagine, we could keep Ed employed for ten more years trying to develope a tank powered by static electricity....sorry, I couldn't resist.....hehehe /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif