PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry - Caught Lying on Video !

bigshooter
04-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Heres a direct quote from John Kerry's official website.

RIGHTWING FICTION: John Kerry threw away his medals during a Vietnam war protest.

FACT: John Kerry is proud of the work he did to end the Vietnam war. The Nixon Administration made John Kerry one of its targets and Kerry's rightwing opponents have been smearing him ever since. John Kerry threw his ribbons and the medals of two veterans who could not attend the event, and said “I am not doing this for any violent reasons, but for peace and justice, and to try to make this country wake up once and for all.” [Tour of Duty, Douglas Brinkley]

You can verify it here.
John Kerry's Response. (http://blog.johnkerry.com/dbunker/archives/001343.html#001343)

__________________________________________________ _______

But not so fast Mr. Kerry was caught on tape in 1971 admitting he in fact did throw away his medals.

1971 VIDEO: KERRY ADMITS THROWING OWN MEDALS; CONTRADICTS CURRENT CLAIMS

In an interview published Friday in the LOS ANGELES TIMES, Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry claimed he "never ever implied" that he threw his own medals during a Hill protest in 1971 to appear as an antiwar hero.

But a new shock video shows John Kerry -- in his own voice -- saying he did!

ABC's GOOD MORNING AMERICA is set to rock the political world Monday morning with an airing of Kerry's specific 1971 boast, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

The video was made by a local news station in 1971.

It directly contradicts Kerry's own website headline: "RIGHTWING FICTION: John Kerry threw away his medals during a Vietnam war protest."

Kerry's campaign refused comment Sunday afternoon, citing a policy not to respond to the DRUDGE REPORT.

Drudge Report Regarding Mr. Kerry (http://www.drudgereport.com/rckm.htm)

THIS GUY LIES SO MUCH HE CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER HIS OWN STORIES AND TRAPS HIMSELF!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/kerry_actionfigure.jpg

eg8r
04-25-2004, 07:11 PM
I also read on Newsmax that there are some false claims about Kerry commanding a boat in 69. Kerry's website said he was commanding a boat that came under attack and Kerry was not even on the boat at the time.

eg8r <~~~wondering just how much of Kerry's military career is going to become public

Qtec
04-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Pathetic. Is this the best you can do?
You dont have to go back 35 years to find one one GW,s lies.

Type 'Bush lies'in Google and hit enter. I got 1,600,000 hits in 0.22 secs!

Q

highsea
04-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Kerry flip-flop page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kerryflipflop/

-CM

highsea
04-25-2004, 10:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>~~~wondering just how much of Kerry's military career is going to become public <hr /></blockquote>

Just enough to serve his purposes.

Kerry Refuses to release more records. Boston Globe Article:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/04/20/kerry_refuses_to_release_more_records/

-CM

highsea
04-25-2004, 11:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Type 'Bush lies'in Google and hit enter. I got 1,600,000 hits in 0.22 secs!
Q <hr /></blockquote>

OK, Q. Now go back to google and search 'waffles'

-CM /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-26-2004, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I also read on Newsmax that there are some false claims about Kerry commanding a boat in 69. Kerry's website said he was commanding a boat that came under attack and Kerry was not even on the boat at the time.

eg8r &lt;~~~wondering just how much of Kerry's military career is going to become public <hr /></blockquote>

I think that the person who 'captained' that boat stepped forward and said that he was the one on that boat, and felt that the folks who put the stuff together on his site were in error. That does not mean that kerry did not command a boat, but perhaps not that particular one.

Laura

Qtec
04-26-2004, 06:47 AM
GW flip flops.
No I wont testify.-yes I will.
CR wont testify-yes she will.
No child left behind- no funds.
etc, etc

The list is endless.

Q

eg8r
04-26-2004, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the person who 'captained' that boat stepped forward and said that he was the one on that boat, and felt that the folks who put the stuff together on his site were in error. That does not mean that kerry did not command a boat, but perhaps not that particular one.
<hr /></blockquote> Are you serious? No one is questioning that at some point in time Kerry commanded that boat, do you think that was the problem?

The website (I am not blaming Kerry for putting it up there) says he was the one commanding it on that specific day during that specific conflict. This should not be tough to understand it is a blatant lie.

eg8r

Qtec
04-26-2004, 09:11 AM
If the present admin cant recall what happened last year, how can you criticize Kerry for something that happened 35 years ago?

The Important facts.

1. Kerry was in Vietnam.
GW went AWOL.
2. Kerry put himself in the firing line. He could have got killed.
GW might have got caught for drunk driving.[ oops, he did ]
3. Kerry got wounded, 3times.
GW got..........brain-damaged?????[ LOL]

According to you, Kerry is a [censored] because he didnt get more badly wounded!!!!!!!!!!

Has it ever occurred to you that at that time the Army was handing Purple Hearts out left, right and center?

Jeeesh.

Kerry is being attacked on this because GW has nothing to say about that period.
Fighter pilot ................HaHaHa.

No chance. Fighter pilots are the cream of the cream.

He might have polished a few tho. LOL HaHa

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

striker_3
04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I have some important things to point out myself.

1. Kerry never spent a day in medical care. The people I know with purple hearts, were actually wounded. I don't wish injuries on anybody, but its not exactly like he threw his body on a grenade to save his men.

2. Kerry is a disgrace to the military. He found a loop hole to go home, went home to protest and throw away medals. He can do whatever he wants to with the medals, but if he threw them away he shouldn't claim to be a war hero today. And now he tries to say that being in the National Guard was a way out of Vietnam, far from the truth.

All in all, I don't care what he did in the 70s. Its the fact that he lies about it. Being in the military, his integrity is a joke (even for a polictician). He doesn't have the character to be Commander in Chief. I would say that 99.9% of my coworkers and military friends agree with me.

Qtec
04-26-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but if he threw them away he shouldn't claim to be a war hero today. <hr /></blockquote>

I dont think Kerry ever claimed to be a war hero.

Do you have any proof for what you claim ?

Q

Nightstalker
04-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Kerry is a joke and Q knows it, he is just in denial. The only reason why he even defends him is because Kerry is running against Bush. How much more pathetic can one get, I mean come on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-26-2004, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the present admin cant recall what happened last year, how can you criticize Kerry for something that happened 35 years ago? <hr /></blockquote> To be brutally honest...This reply of yours is as stupid as any of the others have been lately. Go back to my post and you will see that I stated I did not blame Kerry for putting that in there. After understanding this simple bit of information, is there any reason for you to make the above quote. As far as whether or not it is true, the first person to declare it a lie was the ACTUAL commander at the time, not the Bush Admin.

Another question about your idiotic statement, do you base all your actions on whether or not someone else has been guilty of said action. This is a very common theme of yours here on the board. Everytime something is mentioned about anyone other than Bush, you flare up like a pimple and try and find something in the Bush camp that is related.

I, on purpose, tried to word my post as to not cast the blame on Kerry and you were still unable to hold back and mention Bush. Your short-fuse is quickly becoming a joke.

eg8r

bigshooter
04-26-2004, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> If the present admin cant recall what happened last year, how can you criticize Kerry for something that happened 35 years ago?

The Important facts.

1. Kerry was in Vietnam.
GW went AWOL.

<font color="blue">There is nothing to substantiate that GW was ever AWOL.
Pure left wing propoganda and smear tactics. </font color>

2. Kerry put himself in the firing line. He could have got killed.

<font color="blue"> Kerry was in for a total of four months while most soldiers spent anywhere from 18 to 40 months and according to his own comrades was never in much danger plus he manipulated his way out of the service by his own administrative hyjinks. </font color>
3. Kerry got wounded, 3times.

<font color="blue">According to the armies medical reports he never spent one day in the hospital for any wounds. </font color>

GW might have got caught for drunk driving.[ oops, he did ]

<font color="blue"> Wow a college student that drinks!
Who would have ever thought that could happen?
Everyone thought it was just fine when Bill Clinton the stoner with the boner admitted he was a pothead in college, it just made him a regular guy but if GW drank then that just terrible! </font color>

According to you, Kerry is a [censored] because he didnt get more badly wounded!!!!!!!!!!

<font color="blue"> Don't take our word for it, here's what one soldier that served with Kerry had to say.

John Kerry Article. (http://www.nojohnkerry.org/kerryhtml/040704_iknowjohnkerry.htm) </font color>

Has it ever occurred to you that at that time the Army was handing Purple Hearts out left, right and center?

Jeeesh.

<font color="blue"> Actually yes that is what occured to us than you for pointing that out, John Kerry got 3 purple hearts for doing next to nothing. </font color>

Kerry is being attacked on this because GW has nothing to say about that period.
Fighter pilot ................HaHaHa.

No chance. Fighter pilots are the cream of the cream.

<font color="blue"> So I guess by the libs standard that anyone who serves in the National Guard is not worthy of being called a soldier?
</font color>

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
As a normal person, GW would never been anywhere near a jet fighter.

Ask anybody, the fighter pilot guys are the cream of the cream. No place for a a brainless idiot like GW.

Just the fact that he is a Born-Again Christian disqualifies him.
Watch him next time he is on TV. he is losing it.

Q

bigshooter
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> As a normal person, GW would never been anywhere near a jet fighter.

Ask anybody, the fighter pilot guys are the cream of the cream. No place for a a brainless idiot like GW.

Just the fact that he is a Born-Again Christian disqualifies him.
Watch him next time he is on TV. he is losing it.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Disqualifies him from what?
Living in the Netherlands?

Qtec
04-26-2004, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disqualifies him from what?
Living in the Netherlands?
<hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHa.

You got me!! I left myself open for that. LOL

Doesnt disqualify my point tho.

Q

nAz
04-26-2004, 08:59 PM
lol Great post! bUsh was missing from national guard (stateside probably killing off a few six packs) while Kerry actually served in Action during a war, and you guys try to make him look as he is no good.
Amazing this is the type of stuff i expect to come straight from Hannity or the WH not you guys.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2004, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ... Just the fact that he is a Born-Again Christian disqualifies him.....<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah Q. What we need is a fundamentalist Muslim in the White House. Dude you're the one that's losing it....

Nightstalker
04-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Q, how bout you volunteer to head a program to allocate a plot of land for those nice terrorists next to your place. I am sure they you would love to have all your little buddies so close to you since you love them and want to make sure they are properly cared for so much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Most politicians are crooks and liers anyway. It just depends on which lier you prefer.

It is almost laughable, like two thieves fighting over a sinking ship.

Only God can help us, whoever you beleive God to be.

Laura

highsea
04-27-2004, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> As a normal person, GW would never been anywhere near a jet fighter.
<font color="red"> Are you denying that GWB flew F102's for the Texas Air National Guard?? </font color>

<font color="red"> Brainless Idiot.
President George W. Bush is the very first President to hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration. Even better (or worse, depending on your perspective), his MBA is from Harvard Business School, where postgraduate management training was invented in the early part of the last century, and which to many stands as a symbol of the good, the bad, and the ugly faces of modern management.

The comparatively small amount of attention paid by the political press to the President’s Harvard MBA partially reflects a generalized ignorance of, and hostility toward, the degree itself. More importantly, acknowledging that he learned any valuable intellectual perspectives would contradict the storyline that young W was a party animal, who coasted through his elite education, scarcely cracking a book. In other words, as the left never tires of claiming, he is too stupid to have picked up any tricks across the Charles River from Harvard Square.

Read this:
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3378
</font color>
Q <hr /></blockquote>

nAz
04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
the American thinker? thats where Hannity gets some of his material from. I sooner believe everything Rush has to say.
But i have to admit that if one just shows up at school they will learn something, maybe even get a social promotion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
04-27-2004, 08:57 PM
From the same article.

[ QUOTE ]
Only time will tell, whether Saddam ever had any WMDs. <font color="blue"> Their non-existence has not been proven </font color> . <hr /></blockquote>

Should we apply this same'logic' to other things, eg the Loch Ness monster,Bigfoot, the Jersey Devil,flying saucers, Santa Claus, etc.
In a court of Law the burden of proof lies with the prosecution.
Are you guilty because you cant prove your innocence even when there is no evidence against you?

Would you get into a plane with GW at the controls?

Q

Nightstalker
04-27-2004, 09:01 PM
There is no more moronic comparison than that one, Q. Try again.

Qtec
04-27-2004, 09:39 PM
'Highly unusual' circumstances

Bush, whose father was in Congress at the time, was selected for Air Force pilot training, a highly competitive process, despite the speeding tickets and automobile accidents. He had also been arrested for two incidents considered college pranks: stealing a wreath in New Haven, Conn., and rowdiness at a college football game.

<font color="blue"> The combination of arrests and traffic violations and the score in the bottom quarter </font color> of those who took the pilot exam usually would have cast doubt on most applicants who were applying for pilot training, four former and current National Guard fighter pilots and one former Air Force pilot said. All served in the 1970s.

After Bush stopped flying fighter jets in April 1972 and did not take an annual physical examination required of all pilots, the Air Force should have required a hearing known as a flying evaluation board to determine his fitness to fly. Because the federal government spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to train each pilot, it typically did not allow them to stop flying without a formal proceeding. Bush's records do not mention a flying evaluation board.

The president's advisers and friends have explained that Bush stopped flying because his unit was phasing out the F-102 in 1972. They also say he was not able to get a required flight physical in Alabama, where his records show he was granted permission to train in the fall of 1972. Bartlett said there was no need for a physical exam because Bush stopped flying.

Guard records, however, show pilots in Bush's unit in Texas were still flying the F-102 in 1974, a year after Bush left the Guard.

The fact that he was accepted as a pilot is suspect enough.

Q

Qtec
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their non-existence has not been proven . <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> There is no more moronic comparison than that one, Q. Try again. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah?

GW has been brainwashed by D.Cheny who is really the Devil who has taken on human form.

Prove me wrong then smarta$$. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q

Nightstalker
04-27-2004, 10:09 PM
There is no need for me to do that, every time you post you do a fabulous job of it. Your sources are so pathetic you simply don't even bother citing them anymore for fear of being declared incredible.

moblsv
04-28-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> There is no need for me to do that, every time you post you do a fabulous job of it. Your sources are so pathetic you simply don't even bother citing them anymore for fear of being declared incredible. <hr /></blockquote>

WRONG!!!
Go back a re-read your posts and Q's, it's your posts that create thier own lack of credibility. I see a train of thought and some effort in Q's posts. I've yet to see you say anything to back up, or even make, a valid argument.

At least with eg8r I may not agree with him sometimes, OK, all the time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but at least he makes an attempt to back up his arguments.

eg8r
04-28-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least with eg8r I may not agree with him sometimes, OK, all the time but at least he makes an attempt to back up his arguments. <hr /></blockquote> Thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as Q, more often than not, he does not even give an argument at the beginning. Simply, he opens a thread with a useless title, he then quotes a source and then he asks a question..."If you were defending yourself against a lawsuit and you find out that the other party was just back from a fishing trip with the judge. Would you be worried?" There is no argument.

I think Nightstalker is simply asking of anyone to please document the source of the quote, so he can go read it himself and possibly form his own opinion while making sure the quote is posted in its entirety.

eg8r

moblsv
04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
I think Nightstalker is simply asking of anyone to please document the source of the quote, so he can go read it himself and possibly form his own opinion while making sure the quote is posted in its entirety.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I have seen a lot of this from several people. I completely agree, knowing the source is very important. I want to be able to look up the original quote in context. It's also important to know the credibility and possible "agenda" of the original author.

I do a lot more lurking than posting here, mostly because it really is time consuming to write a good rebuttal, but I enjoy reading some of the debates that get going. Many people bring out some good points that give me things to do more research on. What I don't like to see are some of the threads that degenerate into name calling.

When somebody gets into personal attacks they only undermine thier own credibility. ( this isn't meant as a personal attack on anyone in particular /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif )