PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina, Raleigh/Durham/ChapelHill Action

Ketchup
04-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Hows the pool scene in Raleigh/Durham area? Weekly tournys? Decent local pool halls? Action?

Bassmaster
04-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Action varies from time to time. Dont know of a lot of high dollar action. But picking up a 10-40 a set is pretty common.
Durham: "Jump Shots" on Hillborough RD. 13 tables "2 Diamonds"
A 25.00 membership will get you 6 months of only 5.00 daily fee from Sunday-Friday @ 6pm Several locals get up some good races and ring games.(where I hang out)

Somewhere Else billiards. on N Roxboro offers several tables, 1 lg snooker table, darts, food etc... Saturday handicap tournys.

Oscars Que and Grill, Weaver dairy rd in Chapel hill. Great atmosphere, Grill...and a Nice handicap tournament on Tuesdays @ 7:30 pm almost always over 30 people entering. Several strong local players.

Triangle billiards Durham Hwy 54, offers mixed drinks and pool tournys on Wednesdays at 7:30 Has nice Gold crown table with tight pockets.

Raleigh NC Brass Taps. Several tables. Thursday night tournaments. Usually draws some of the best players in the area...has open tournaments as well. great place. I've seen Johnny Archer, theres a couple of times.
Hope this helps Charles

pooltchr
04-26-2004, 07:09 AM
We have several stops for the Fury Carolina amateur tour scheduled in the Raleigh area this year. PM me if you are interested, or check my web site for the tour schedule. We usually have some good competition up that way, nice pay outs and some pretty nice Calcutta pots as well.
Stops this year are at Shooters in Garner, Katie's in Raleigh, and Babineau's in Cary.
Steve

Vagabond
04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Howdy,
Tell the owner of the Triangle Billiards in Durham that u are interested in high dollar action.He can arrange it.u can always get action at Brass Tap & Billiards in Raleigh but it is not high dollar.U should not be surprised to find some action even in a high class & Yuppie place like Babineu`s in cary.yes,in Babineu`s!!! Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

shooter72283
04-28-2004, 12:23 AM
If you want some really good action, you should check out a place called "Somewhere Else" on Roxboro Rd. in Durham. It used to be called "48 Hours", which is what most people still know it as. It is my usual spot, I'm there almost every afternoon, just ask for Dane. On Saturday nights there's a ring-game with some of the best players in the state and you can find a few world-class players in there any day of the week. They have four old Brunswicks, three Diamonds (one of which has 760 cloth and is one of the best tables in the state IMO), and a 10' snooker table with the pockets tightened up, sometimes we play 6 ball on it with the full size balls and the pockets are only 1cm wider than the ball (makes for a loooooong game). The rate is $3.60/hour, and on Sunday and Monday it's $5 to play all day. It is a great poolhall, with some great players, but I will warn you that it is a bit of a redneck joint and don't show up on Friday unless you can put up with very loud karaoke while you play. PM me if you are in the area and need directions or a good game.