PDA

View Full Version : The best metal band in the world....

Predator314
04-26-2004, 07:11 AM
I went to the Godsmack/Metallica concert in Roanoake, VA Saturday night. If you like this type of music, this is a must see concert. I'm a huge Godsmack fan and Metallica is thought of as the best metal band in the world. I think the Godsmack part of the show was awesome. I wish it was longer. They only played for about an hour, but they really got the crowd going. The best part of the show was when Sully (the lead singer) and the drummer Shannon both started rockin out on the drums. It was bad ass.

Metallica came out. I'm not a real big Metallica fan, but I do listen to their music. When they first started, the acoustics sucked. You couldn't hear the vocals. They got this adjusted pretty quick though. Lars Ulrich and Robert Trujillo really made the show. The stage turned so Lars was in front of everyone all around the arena. He is not a sit down type of drummer. He was all over the place. Robert did a lot of crazy dancing and could really play a mean bass guitar. James Hetfield was a lot bigger than I expected. He sounds about the same in concert as he does on the CDs. Metallica played for about 2 1/2 hours.

Highlights of the Show: Godsmack - Sully/Shannon drum jam, Metallica - The energy from the crowd when they played "Enter Sandman". Both - The pyrotechnics (very loud)

The crowd was wild, but civil. No fights that I could see. I saw police carry one dude out. I think he was drunk. The show was sold out and it was hot as hell. They were spraying the "pit" with water to keep people from passing out. There was one guy we saw after the show that had blood all over him. He said he got elbowed in the "Mosh Pit" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I had a comfy seat, but there wasn't much sitting down during this show.

I really recommend the Godsmack/Metallica show to anyone that likes that kind of music. If your kids want to go, there is some foul language. Godsmack dropped the F-bomb quite a few times. Metallica didn't cuss much until the end of the show when they were congratulating the fans.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2004, 07:18 AM
That's one hell of a double bill /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif They're going to be here May 1. I'm sure the captain of my Monday night league team will be moshing. You would think a fella would not do that at age 33 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm not into metal anymore but I used to like a band called Budgie. They originally recorded "Breadfan" a song that Metallica covered.

Predator314
04-26-2004, 07:27 AM
The good thing about Metallica is they cover a wide varitey of age groups. The guys I went with were talking about the Master of Puppets album and when it came out. I was in 5th grade, another guy in the car was in the 3rd grade, another in 1st and another in 10th.

In the row I was sitting, there 7 of us ranging from 21-31. In front there was a kid about 13-14 and his dad (in his 40's I would say). Another guy right beside of them was probably in his upper 40's to 50's and was really rocking out.

Kato
04-26-2004, 04:46 PM
I saw Metallica during the Ride The Lightning tour. That's as good as it gets.

Best metal band or best metal concert? For raw, primal power, there isn't much better than Slayer or Overkill. Wanna see a cool show? Go see WASP.

Kato~~~don't get me started.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2004, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>... For raw, primal power, there isn't much better than Slayer or Overkill.... <hr /></blockquote>

you young-uns don't know good music dag nab it. ABBA rules....