PDA

View Full Version : A question for Qtec

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2004, 07:14 AM
A question for Qtec

When 9/11 happened were you as upset and sickened as I was or did you think that in some way we brought it on ourselves and deserved it to a degree?

Qtec
04-26-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When 9/11 happened were you as upset and sickened as I was or did you think that in some way we brought it on ourselves and deserved it to a degree? <hr /></blockquote>

Wally I will never forget that day. I was at work when the first tower was hit. By the time I got home the second tower was hit and the first thing I said to my girlfriend was "that building is coming down. Why dont they get everybody out of there."
Then I watched as all those firemen went into the building.We know the rest of the story.
I have been to Ground Zero and its impossible to imagine the real horror of that day from pctures on the TV.

Did the USA deserve this? Of course not. Nobody deserves a 9/11.
Was it right to go after OBL and the Taliban?
You bet your ass.

He has to be brought to justice.

Although we [ you and I]have our different points view[ LOL] we are on the same side. We basicaly want the same things, we just disagree on how to achieve that goal.

Its the ordinary citizens who pay for politician's mistakes. Thats why we should question and hold them accountable. After all , they are public servants.
We have the right to the truth. especially when lives are at stake.

Its called Democracy.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
04-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Congratulations. You answered correctly.

Qtec
04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
The only thing I cant stand is when somebody is giving me BS and I know its not true.
A la ,Gw and Co.

All I want is,the truth.

Is that too uch to ask???????

Q

You must know that they are lying.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
04-27-2004, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ... All I want is,the truth.... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">You want answers? </font color>

<font color="blue">I think Im entitled..
</font color>
<font color="red">You want answers! </font color>

<font color="blue">I want the truth!!!
</font color>
<font color="red">You cant handle the truth!!!
</font color>

Steve - Detroit
04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> The only thing I cant stand is when somebody is giving me BS and I know its not true.
A la ,Gw and Co.

All I want is,the truth.

Is that too uch to ask???????

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Too much to ask? No

Too much to expect? Yes, they're politicians ferchristsakes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-27-2004, 11:24 AM
I just love that phrase 'the truth' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Whose truth? Which truth?

I was taught to say, instead of 'the truth', 'the truth as I see it' or 'my truth', which I think translates to my opinion based on my interpretation of the available info filtered through my personality and political inclinations.

There is so much not revealed for reason of national security or just plain coverups, how can a citizen know 'the whole truth'?

Get real. Who among us is not biased in one way or another? Even those who call themselves 'open minded' are biased against those with opinions they perceive as less 'open minded'. I think an open minded person will like to look at all sides of an issue, but that does not mean that that person does have bias which dictakes how they filter and interpret that information.

Don't know for sure what my bias relating to the presidential candidates is but sure it is there somewhere and there is propaganda on each side so guess it depends on which propaganda one chooses to believe.

Take the welfare system for ex-suppose each of us wrote down a plan on how we could change that to be better, noone would have the same ideas, so where is 'the truth'?

Laura

eg8r
04-27-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was taught to say, instead of 'the truth', 'the truth as I see it' or 'my truth', which I think translates to my opinion based on my interpretation of the available info filtered through my personality and political inclinations. <hr /></blockquote> Opinion and truth are not the same thing most of the time.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Uh oh, now we have entered into a discussion about philosophy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif