PDA

View Full Version : When a railbird says you made a good hit

Leviathan
04-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Got into an interesting situation in a game last week. My opponent played safe, leaving the CB at the head of the table and the OB at the foot of the table. The line from the CB to the OB was almost completely blocked by another ball.

I tried to feather the OB, leaving it at the foot and bringing the CB back uptable. I overcut the shot. As far as I could see, the CB didn't contact the OB, and I told my opponent he had ball in hand. At that point a spectator started yammering "It hit it! It was a good hit!" Well, I hadn't seen a hit, so I handed my opponent the CB.

Two thoughts. First, the shooter should have the sense to ask the TD to watch a chancy shot. If the shooter is too slack to do that, it's his own damn fault, and I don't think he should let an unauthorized outsider influence his call. Second, nobody likes the kind of fool who sticks his nose in. Keep that top hole shut, friend!

AS

Cueless Joey
04-26-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> Got into an interesting situation in a game last week. My opponent played safe, leaving the CB at the head of the table and the OB at the foot of the table. The line from the CB to the was almost completely blocked by another ball.

I tried to feather the OB, leaving it at the foot and bringing the CB back uptable. I overcut the shot. As far as I could see, the CB didn't contact the OB, and I told my opponent he had ball in hand. At that point a spectator started yammering "It hit it! It was a good hit!" Well, I hadn't seen a hit, so I handed my opponent the CB.

Two thoughts. First, the shooter should have the sense to ask the TD to watch a chancy shot. If the shooter is too slack to do that, it's his own damn fault, and I don't think he should let an unauthorized outsider influence his call. Second, nobody likes the kind of fool who sticks his nose in. Keep that top hole shut, friend!

AS <hr /></blockquote>
True that but the shooter does not have to call the td.
The non-shooter should b/c close calls go to the shooter.

nAz
04-26-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> True that but the shooter does not have to call the td.
The non-shooter should b/c close calls go to the shooter. <hr /></blockquote>
I agree that.

Hey i once had a guy yell out to my opponent that i had him on "two" ( i forgot to tell him)he got so pissed at the rail bird that they almost went to blows. lol