PDA

View Full Version : Justis VS whitten

04-30-2002, 05:56 AM
Which of these cases last longer and which one would you recomend?

Doctor_D
04-30-2002, 06:15 AM
Good morning:

I own one of each. In my opinion, each case will last as long if not longer then the other with reasonable care. If you are seeking a bare bones case, no customization and/or engraving, the Whitten is a cost effective alternative. If you are seeking a custom case, one which will suit your personality, then the Justis case is the way to go. Cost, your affordability, will also play another roll as the Justis cases are a little more expensive then the Whitten cases.

I use my Justis case for tournament play and the Whitten case for tavern leagues and general travel.

Dr. D.

04-30-2002, 08:46 AM
They are BOTH top of the line cases. The Justis is more ornate, if you like tooled leather. The Whitten is less ornate but more elegant in design, IMO. Both are made of quality materials and are well crafted. It's really a matter of taste. Both are great cases. I suppose it is all relative, but don't be mislead into thinking the Whitten is less expensive. A 2x4, or larger, is going to be pretty pricey whichever brand you purchase.

05-01-2002, 11:52 AM
I've owned both for several years and think they are both excellent cases. IMO, the weak link in either case is the zipper. With the Witten I've had to have work done on the zipper on two occasions and it is a bigger problem being that it is what closes the top of the case and can be fairly complicated to repair. I've also had to have a zipper replaced on the Justice but since zippers are used for the pockets vs. the top it was much easier to fix. Tough choice as they are both wonderful cases.

Race2-9
05-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Have you thought about getting a Swift case.
You can contact Denny Swift at 270 486 3135.
IMHO he makes one of the best cases around espiecally for the price.