PDA

View Full Version : PHENOLIC TIP...

ArNz
04-28-2004, 10:11 AM
this tip is the BOMB!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

been using it for quite awhile and hv been breaking w/ it better than my previous Talisman Pro XH tip.

i played 9 ball today. i broke, sink the 9 and guess what.... 3 balls left on the table. i sank 6 balls!!! my first ever 6 balls on the break. just wanna share it guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif damn this tip is the real deal.

BTW, my break cue is a 57" 20 oz. Cuetec sneaky pete w/ a Piccone phenolic cue tip.

Big_Jon
04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ArNz:</font><hr> this tip is the BOMB!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

been using it for quite awhile and hv been breaking w/ it better than my previous Talisman Pro XH tip.

i played 9 ball today. i broke, sink the 9 and guess what.... 3 balls left on the table. i sank 6 balls!!! my first ever 6 balls on the break. just wanna share it guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif damn this tip is the real deal.

BTW, my break cue is a 57" 20 oz. Cuetec sneaky pete w/ a Piccone phenolic cue tip. <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm... And you are just now finding this out???

Thanks,

Jon

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluey2king
04-28-2004, 10:30 AM
How much is the tip?
and do you maintain it the same as a leather one?
Will it last forever?
Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fred Agnir
04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ArNz:</font><hr> Cuetec sneaky pete w/ a Piccone phenolic cue tip. <hr /></blockquote>I'm sure he'll appreciate the plug.

Oh Joe! Do you make these tips? Can I trade you 13mm for 14mm?

Fred

ArNz
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Big_Jon:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ArNz:</font><hr> this tip is the BOMB!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, my break cue is a 57" 20 oz. Cuetec sneaky pete w/ a Piccone phenolic cue tip. <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm... And you are just now finding this out???

Thanks,

Jon

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

well from the very first time i tried this tip i knew this is the best break tip i want. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif why im posting IS that i sank 6 balls on the break including the 9/ my verys first 9 ball on the break and all 6 balls. just thot i needed to share it and not gettign criticized fr it. anyway my friends here in the philippines stared at me for a few seconds /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ArNz
04-28-2004, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr> How much is the tip?
and do you maintain it the same as a leather one?
Will it last forever?
Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

got mine thru ebay just look under ebay phenolic tip. i think i gt mine around 3 for 10 bucks. very cheap and i dnt need to buy an expensive break cue. make sure to use either duro gel, loctite 454 or quicktite gel. just make sure nt to tip pik it. it adheres chalk very well.

Nightstalker
04-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Those were stares of disbelief and worship, both. Nice job, keep it up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

almer
04-28-2004, 09:22 PM
When you put on a phenolic do you change the whole ferrule?thanks

PQQLK9
04-28-2004, 09:29 PM
No
http://www.piconecues.esmartbiz.com/cues/Phenolic_Tips.html

mworkman
04-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi, ArNz. I see you reccommend Gel type glue. Wont tweetens 10 min. cement work? If not, were do you get this type of glue? And also, does the Phenolic tip come in a size 13mm or just 14?

Thanks

Bob_Jewett
04-29-2004, 10:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ArNz:</font><hr> this tip is the BOMB!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Well, yes, but is it legal? I think the current rules require a leather-like tip.

BLACKHEART
04-30-2004, 07:50 AM
I put one on &amp; kept misscueing. Even after flatening out the tip it kept sliding off of the Q ball. I went back to a Water Buffalo &amp; I'm very happy...JER

Chris Cass
04-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi ArNz,

I hate to ruin your zen moment but in all honesty. It's not the tip my friend. The break in all in the timing. I've broke 6 in a few times and with a house cue with a LePro tip on it. I do recommend with a LePro or a hard water bufalo that the tip be near flat and about one dimes width, side wall. I think you'd be surprized what #### Leonard has to say about this. He knew a guy and saw him break a rack of 9 in. I'm talking the entire rack went in on the break. At that time there were no phenolic tips.

I will say this about the Phenolic tips. They make excellent jump tips. It makes jumping almost illegal and I think it should be illegal but that's my opinion.

That's nice that you give Joe a plug for his tips but if you want to really say something that's known about Joe? You'd mention his jump cues. He'll match with your playing cue. He's been making them for a longtime. From what I hear they're really nice.

The phenolic tip is great for getting over a ball but try jump drawing one or jump masse. It'll be only a matter of time before these things get outlawed anyway. You've got people cutting all kinds of material and using them for jump tips. Many room owners will be pulling their hair out replacing the cloth these tips damage from the players that don't know how to jump.

I'd be willing to bet you lose whitey more, than you hang onto it. It's hard to win without the control of the break shot. The break is everything in 9 ball. I myself love to power break but bottom line. It's better to control the cb and make a ball than to power break and let the chips fall where they may. Many times you won't have a shot, scratch or fly off the table. This won't happen when your practicing. It'll happen when you need to win. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
"I myself love to power break but bottom line. It's better to control the cb and make a ball than to power break and let the chips fall where they may. Many times you won't have a shot, scratch or fly off the table. This won't happen when your practicing. It'll happen when you need to win"

Bingo, give that man a prize!!!sid

Chopstick
04-30-2004, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

It's better to control the cb and make a ball than to power break and let the chips fall where they may.

<hr /></blockquote>

I agree completely. I think the famous old golf pro Harvey Penick says it best.

"The woods are full of long hitters."

Chris Cass
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi Sid,

It's that damm Scott Lee. If he didn't know what he was talking about, I would tell him a thing or two but what can I say? The guys right. LOL

BTW, I got one of these new type white tips that this guy bought from Raven cues in IA. I used his jumper to jump a full ball 1/4" away from the cb. Just like the German guy did in that video posted awhile back. I not only did it once, but twice out of 3 trys. The kid asked if I wanted one. So, I told him yes. He then gave me one last week and charged me $5. I thought it was for free but I guess it was a deal.

Anyway, I went to a LePro on my Stealth anyway. I like to draw and masse with it and I think I made a good choice. Hey, if your needing one. I'd be happy to send it to you. No charge of course. What are friends for?

Regards,

C.C.~~first time I won at Bingo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2004, 10:40 AM
I'll take it without hesitation, thanks CC! It doesn't bother me at all to cover your cost on the thing, just seems fair, and five isn't much anyway....sid

Chris Cass
04-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi Sid,

I'll find your address and send it to you. You'll need a lathe to put it on I'm sure. The arch need to be flattened. It's awesome how it works so well but it's not for my purposes. I'll pm you if I can't find your snail mail address. I think I have it though.

I'll send it out tomorrow and Heide says hello.

Regards,

C.C.

tateuts
04-30-2004, 08:00 PM
I tried the Picone Phenolic tip on a break cue. It was very loud and irritating because it sounded like breaking glass, and I couldn't really control the cue ball to my liking. It was like pitching a knuckle ball. I can get enough power with a hard tip so I got rid of the phenolic.

Chris

mworkman
05-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I couldn't resist, I had to buy one of these. I have a cuetec jump/break cue. I put it on there with super glue. I am not kidding, I started jumping within a couple minutes and the tip stayed on. I was never really able to jump very good with this stick. Now I can. I can jump using a dart style about 1 1/2 ball away. Very happy.

I started breaking with it also. I misscued once with it when I totally threw my whole body into it. When using a more controlled break (not rocking)I never misscued once.
It wasn't quite as loud as I thought it would be allthough it was still pretty loud.

I think if you have a jump/break cue with a leather tip on it, you may want to try this. It will definately help you jump better.

Fasteddy7
05-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I just bought two phenolics off of fleabay and they are yet to arrive. I will be installing this on a predator BK. I will be putting this on myself. I have always put tips on myself without a lathe. I would like to think i am very ggod at this without a lathe. What i am wondering is how this will work with a harder tip. shaving the sides and all. I dont have anyone w/ a lathe anywhere near. Is it possible and do you have any tricks or ideas. I have always used super glue gel. Thanks ....Fast

mworkman
05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey FastEddy7, I just used regular super glue and got lucky and it lined up just right. I hear on other posts that the gel is better because it takes a little longer to set. This will give you more time to get it lined up just right. I used to use the ultimate tip tool to shave off the sides. I will never do that again unless my ferral is allready scratched up.
Mine looked like it lined up close enough for me, like I said almost perfect. I'm not as fussy with my break cue as I am with my regular stick. Also, I'm assuming a phenolic tip will never mushroom, so maybe you will never have to burnish?

Chris Cass
05-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey Fast,

Where are you at in IA.?

C.C.

Fasteddy7
05-08-2004, 01:06 PM
grinnell; in between iowa city and desmoins on i-80