PDA

View Full Version : Answer me this, Batman.

Barbara
04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Okay, so the servers at work have been down for 8 hours now due to a loss of power at LockMart. I heard some people are stuck in the buildings because it's totally card key access over there. Isn't that like a fire code violation?

So I'm sitting here with absolutely nada to do.

Have you ever noticed that when you go to check "who's online" that there's always someone reading the ""Don't Mess with Eric." vs "Fast Larry" at VF" thread? Or how about this, sometimes there are a ton of Anonymous viewers and a bunch of them are viewing the User List or someone's Profile at the same time? What's up with that?

And that "Subserviant Chicken" thing. That's just a little bizarre. How do they do that?

Barbara~~~actually, scary is more like it...

eg8r
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
While I do have stuff to do, when on the board I almost never check "whos online". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do have one question...why do the IS guys always find a way to screw up something when transferring a db from one server to another? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have been putting out little fires all day because of this.

eg8r

Perk
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
LOL...i never really noticed or paid much attention to the whose online part. I saw the same things as you. tons of anonomous viewers....

Here at work, we are wondering about that chicken thing also. How is that done? Obviously key words, but I wonder how much time/actions are actually in that database of actions.

I asked that thing to 'Go to the bathroom' and he did....then I asked him to 'Go to the restroom', and he went out of the room....Now thats weird.....

moblsv
04-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I had to see the "who's online" since you mentioned it. There were three anonymous readers in the "who has the highest IQ" thread that hasn't had a new post since October. Answer me that, Batgirl

dg-in-centralpa
04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Barbara - since I'm not registered on my work computer, I will drop in when I get a chance, to see what's happening. My computer is for work only, so when my boss isn't around I'll sneak in and out. Once in a great while I will check who's on line for curiosity.

DG - registered on home computer

CarolNYC
04-29-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm sitting here with absolutely nada to do.
<hr /></blockquote>

Well, its ABOUT TIME! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Listen,Im answering your Albany question(I dont wanna bring the post back up to the top):
The best person to ask is Cueball1950 (Mike)-cause upstate is alot different from the city ,as far as, weather goes!
I've never been to that pool hall-sounds like a plan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Carol