PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Hawk

Qtec
04-29-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The controversy reached new heights on the Senate floor.

In a scathing speech, Lautenberg said he did not think politicians should be judged by whether they had military service but that "when those who didn't serve attack the heroism of those who did, I find it particularly offensive."

Lautenberg pointed to a poster with a drawing of a chicken in a military uniform that defined a chicken hawk as "a person enthusiastic about war, provided someone else fights it."

"They shriek like a hawk, but they have the backbone of the chicken," he said.

"We know who the chicken hawks are. They talk tough on national defense and military issues and cast aspersions on others. When it was their turn to serve where were they? AWOL -- that's where they were," Lautenberg said.

"And now the chicken hawks are cackling about Senator John Kerry. And the lead chicken hawk against Senator Kerry is the vice president of the United States -- Vice President Cheney.

"He was in Missouri this week claiming that Senator Kerry was not up to the job of protecting this nation. What nerve. Where was Dick Cheney when that war was going on?" Lautenberg said.

Cheney did not serve in the U.S. military. Lautenberg quoted a Cheney interview from the 1980s that he had "other priorities" in the '60s than military service.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/28/Senate.military/index.html <hr /></blockquote>

Aint that cute.
So while Kerry was getting shot at, Dick had something better to do with his time than fight for his country!!!

Chicken Hawk is a very good discription, dont you think?

Where was Dick?
..........George?
..........Rumsfeld?

Are any of their children in Iraq or Afgahnistan?

Q

eg8r
04-29-2004, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are any of their children in Iraq or Afgahnistan?
<hr /></blockquote> Isn't this the most completely stupid statement of the day?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2004, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
...Where was Dick?
..........George?
..........Rumsfeld?

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure Rumsfeld was a fighter pilot in the Korean War.

Was FDR in the military?

The fact is the President has the duty and the obligation to execute war when the United States is attacked. Whether or not he is a veteran is essentially irrelevant.

and Lautenberg is a blabbering fool. He should know better than to say something like that. I bet he and Robert KKK Byrd are buddies.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is the President has the duty and the obligation to execute war when the United States is attacked. Whether or not he is a veteran is essentially irrelevant <hr /></blockquote>

Well isnt that a huge flip-flop.
Why have the Reps, eg8r and yourself done nothing but criticize Kerry's war record?

Q

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Maybe because mr flip-flopper himself, Kerry, has gone after Bush's record. Duh!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2004, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
The fact is the President has the duty and the obligation to execute war when the United States is attacked. Whether or not he is a veteran is essentially irrelevant <hr /></blockquote>

Why have the Reps, eg8r and yourself done nothing but criticize Kerry's war record?
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Flip-flop? Will you please start making sense?

I've never criticized Kerry's war record. I'm waiting until more details are revealed.

I have criticized his tax-and-spend anti-military voting record.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 08:13 AM
First of all, the Reps started this.
Secondly, what record? Duh.

Gw hasnt got a record. Duh.

GW got private flying lessons at tax payers expense, went AWOL and then quit.

Q

nAz
04-29-2004, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Maybe because mr flip-flopper himself, Kerry, has gone after Bush's record. Duh! <hr /></blockquote>

What record? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol Hey Q I did not hear about this, did it happen last night on the senate floor?

Qtec
04-29-2004, 08:33 AM
In my first post you will find a link to the article.

Its time the Dems hit back.

Q

eg8r
04-29-2004, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Did Kerry win the Presidential election? How are you making the comparison?

eg8r

eg8r
04-29-2004, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its time the Dems hit back. <hr /></blockquote> Was it not the Dems (McAuliffe) who struck first? Maybe they should strike back with the wonderful questions you have posed.

eg8r

eg8r
04-29-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, the Reps started this.
<hr /></blockquote> Your memory is fading quickly. McAuliffe was the first to begin...I am not sure if I can find the article again, but it even stated that Kerry was not to happy that McAuliffe was bringing the military history to light (probably because Kerry already knew what was going to come out).

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Q is not willing to admit the facts because they make his case and his stance look awfully foolish. Kind of pathetic isn't it? Time to give up, duh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bluewolf
04-29-2004, 10:24 AM
WW said the dems are thinking of nominating someone else since kerry's military stuff is being attacked. In my way of thinking, Bush is being attacked on much the same stuff, so imo, that kind of cancels things out.

Clinton was attacked in much the same way but still won the election.

Last poll I saw was close to even based on 70% decided and 30% undecided so figure that depending on how that 30% swings, it might go either way.

Just do not think having a dem or rep in the white house will makes that much difference. the country needs more fixing that either can accomplish, imo. Stuff that needs fixing, depending on your point of view, would have to go through congress, making much of it unlikely because they are financially motivated to keep their seats and swung by powerful lobbying groups.

Lots of examples of how that happens. the reps depend on the votes of the lobbyers and their contributions which makes it hard to stand up and say what they really want without being ousted. sad system.

laura

eg8r
04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WW said the dems are thinking of nominating someone else since kerry's military stuff is being attacked. In my way of thinking, Bush is being attacked on much the same stuff, so imo, that kind of cancels things out. <hr /></blockquote> Well, Kerry has not been nominated yet, so there is still a chance. This could be in their favor as it would not give the Reps as much time to dig up the dirt. This is not to say the dirt is not there (all politicians have skeletons) but not as much will be exposed. I personally think Kerry is the whipping boy for the Dems. They are putting him out there to hang. I really think Bill Clinton will do everything in his power to make sure Kerry does not get elected, that way, Hitlary will have a chance to run in 08. If Kerry was to win on accident, Hitlary would have to wait till '12 and by that time, she might be past her prime or her best opportunity.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:35 AM
If Hitlery were ever elected I would move out of the country.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Please tell me what facts I am not willing to admit?

Q
[ this should be interesting]

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Please tell me what facts I am not willing to admit?

Q
[ this should be interesting] <hr /></blockquote>

McAuliffe was the first to begin....

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Please tell me what facts I am not willing to admit?

Q
[ this should be interesting] <hr /></blockquote>

Lautenberg is a blabbering fool.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Do YOU have any facts or just opinions?

Q

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> First of all, the Reps started this. - WRONG
Secondly, what record? Duh. - WRONG AGAIN

Gw hasnt got a record. Duh. - THREE WRONGS
GW got private flying lessons at tax payers expense, went AWOL and then quit. - NOT EXACTLY, NICE TRY THOUGH SPINSTER

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Do YOU have any facts or just opinions?

Q <hr /></blockquote>
I rest my case, your denial was expected.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
As I expected. Just opinions.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> As I expected. Just facts which I am never going to allow to enter through osmosis through my thick skull.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Wow, so you admit to something! Finally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
04-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I never said that.

Show me your proof that I did.

Q

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Isn't this fun?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just thought that since you will NEVER accept the truth I might as well do you a favor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
04-29-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me what facts I am not willing to admit? <hr /></blockquote> Well, go ahead and give us proof of an example of the Bush admin questioning Kerry's military past, prior to the first time McAuliffe questioned Bush. You keep saying the Reps started it, then prove it.

eg8r

eg8r
04-29-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Hitlery were ever elected I would move out of the country. <hr /></blockquote> Watch what you say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are a few entertainment elite who still carry this burden and have never made good on it.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
If Hitlery were ever elected I would move out of the country. <hr /></blockquote> Watch what you say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are a few entertainment elite who still carry this burden and have never made good on it.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
See, the difference is that I would actually follow-through with it and do it as opposed to those entertainment air-bags.

Nightstalker
04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> First of all, the Reps started this.
Secondly, what record? Duh.

Gw hasnt got a record. Duh.

GW got private flying lessons at tax payers expense, went AWOL and then quit.

Q <hr /></blockquote>
They say mockery is the sincerest form of flattery. All you are doing is flattering me and behaving like a child at the same time, grow up I know you are better than that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif