PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 05:00 AM
... that D and G appear before the 9/11 comission.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40094000/jpg/_40094853_bush_afp203body.jpg
Bush readies for 9/11 questioning
US President George W Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney are to appear before the commission investigating the 11 September attacks later on Thursday.
<font color="blue"> Mr Bush and Mr Cheney will not be under oath, and no recording will be made at the private meeting in the White House. </font color>

I can see it now.
"I dont recall.
I have no recolection of that.
I,ll pass that question over to Dick.
I,m definately probably sure thats maybe what I said.
Dick, you wanna take this one.
Bla Bla Bla /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Even when he is not under oath and there will be no transcript, Dick doesnt trust George on his own.

I mistakenly thought that this was a commision about America's safety against terrorist attack but the Admin sees it as an excercise in 'damage limitation'.

Am I wrong?

Q

"I look forward to giving the commissioners a chance to question both of us," Mr Bush said. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-29-2004, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mistakenly thought that this was a commision about America's safety against terrorist attack but the Admin sees it as an excercise in 'damage limitation'. <hr /></blockquote> Considering the way you have acted the whole time during this commission, I don't believe you for one second. You never ever thought this commission was about America's safety against terrorism. I do believe however, that you thought (or hoped) this commission was put together to find fault with Bush and his actions as they pertain to 9/11 (before and after) and broadcast that to the world. You have never mentioned anything about safety or what good has come out of that awful day, rather you have dug in deep looking for shortcomings brought on by the Bush admin. Quit lying about what you "think" something is, and just state it, your history on the board speaks much differently about yourself than this post did.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2004, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
...I mistakenly thought that this was a commision about America's safety against terrorist attack but the Admin sees it as an excercise in 'damage limitation'.
<hr /></blockquote>

...and the Dems on the commision saw it as a chance to roast some Republican testicles over a hot fire. How patriotic of them to politicize the worst American tragedy of the last 50 years instead of actually trying to prevent another one.

Now Q, go ahead and post something totally unrelated, copied and pasted from some lefty website, probly about Condaleeza Rice, rather than actually defending your position.

Steve - Detroit
04-29-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm curious, Q. Just what "damage" do you think needs limiting?

Qtec
04-29-2004, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You never ever thought this commission was about America's safety against terrorism. I do believe however, that you thought (or hoped) this commission was put together to find fault with Bush and his actions as they pertain to 9/11 (before and after) <hr /></blockquote>

No. This is what YOU think.

[ QUOTE ]
you have dug in deep looking for shortcomings brought on by the Bush admin. <hr /></blockquote>

Again, wrong.
One only has to scratch the surface, no need to dig deep.

eg8r
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. This is what YOU think. <hr /></blockquote> Tag you are it.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, wrong.
One only has to scratch the surface, no need to dig deep.
<hr /></blockquote> The best you have is this...what a joke. When you take a step back and look at all the crap you have been shoveling I would say you are in it pretty deep. It does however prove my first point in which I have shown how you really think about the commission.

eg8r

Qtec
04-29-2004, 09:39 AM
The best you have is this...what a joke. When you take a step back and look at all the crap you have been shoveling I would say you are in it pretty deep.

LOL

Please feel free to correct my facts if I have made any errors.

BTW, do you know of anything stated by this admin in the run up to the war in Iraq that has turned out to be TRUE?

Q

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
This thread is ripe with the stench of all the liberal poo-poo being dumped in here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve - Detroit
04-29-2004, 09:57 AM
BTW, do you know of anything stated by this admin in the run up to the war in Iraq that has turned out to be TRUE?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Sure, Rumsfeld to Bandar,
....this invasion is going to happen, you can take that to the bank.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Please feel free to correct my facts if I have made any errors <hr /></blockquote>

ok

Even when he is not under oath and there will be no transcript, Dick doesnt trust George on his own.

I mistakenly thought that this was a commision about America's safety against terrorist attack but the Admin sees it as an excercise in 'damage limitation'.

Am I wrong?<hr /></blockquote>

bluewolf
04-29-2004, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ... that D and G appear before the 9/11 comission.

I can see it now.
"I dont recall.
I have no recolection of that.
I,ll pass that question over to Dick.
I,m definately probably sure thats maybe what I said.
Dick, you wanna take this one.
Bla Bla Bla /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Am I wrong?

Q

"I look forward to giving the commissioners a chance to question both of us," Mr Bush said. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, I am reading this book by the guy who served as the main terroist guy under clinton and bush sr and was retained by bush jr. Prior to 9-11, he wanted to present his case to bush jr and was prevented by certain people from doing so. So prior to 9-11, was not even allowed to talk to the president, who needed to hear what he wanted to say.

I am not a bush fan, did not vote for him in the last election, but do feel that the problem is not just Bush. If bush says 'I did not know', that may very well be a correct statement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
04-29-2004, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please feel free to correct my facts if I have made any errors.
<hr /></blockquote> You have never made an attempt at giving facts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif All you do is post some quote from CNN or wherever you got it, then ask some stupid question like..."So, are their kids over in the military?" This would be part of the crap you are shoveling. Keep it up.

eg8r

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:29 AM
He says that like they were things that he actually researched and came up with. All he did was copy and paste a slanted article full of half-truths and other journalist trickery. Yeah, keep it up Q.

Qtec
04-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Any examples?

Q

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Examples? OMFG, are you blind? Do you not know where your little posts are after you click on the submit button? The examples are each thread you make in this forum regarding politics. Duh!

Wally_in_Cincy
04-29-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>...I am reading this book by the guy who served as the main terroist guy under clinton and bush sr and was retained by bush jr.....

<font color="blue">That guy bends the truth in that book. Read it with a jaundiced eye. </font color>

...If bush says 'I did not know', that may very well be a correct statement.

<font color="blue">I'll say this one more time... NOBODY knew. Except the terrorists.<font color="blue">
<hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
04-29-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

So are you saying the decision to go into Iraq was already made?

Not according to GW and Co. Are they lying?

It doesnt concern you that the Saudis are deciding America's foreign policy?

WTF was Bandar doing there?

Q

bigshooter
04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
When does Bill Clinton get his day?
A lot of of what led up to this tragedy happened on Bills watch.

I can hear Bill now.

I don't recall what was said, I was thinking about Monica at that time.

I can't remember I was too busy thinking about the best way to give our nuke secrets to the chinese so my contributions would keep coming.

I'll have to defer that to Hillary, she did all the thinking during our administration.

I took no action because I was busy blowing my sax while my intern was blowing my *&amp;%#
-----------------------------------------------------------

Nightstalker
04-29-2004, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> When does Bill Clinton get his day?

I can hear Bill now.

I can't remember I was too busy thinking about the best way to give our nuke secrets to the chinese so my contributions would keep coming.

I'll have to defer that to Hillary, she did all the thinking during our administration.

I took no action because I was busy blowing my sax while my intern was blowing my *&amp;%# <hr /></blockquote>
Classic, thanks for the laugh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve - Detroit
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

So are you saying the decision to go into Iraq was already made?

Not according to GW and Co. Are they lying?

It doesnt concern you that the Saudis are deciding America's foreign policy?

WTF was Bandar doing there?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

This happened in January of '03, just two months before we went in. Rumsfeld has said that he and others had met with a number of foreign dignitaries outlining what was in the works. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we didn't consult with all the contries in the region to let them know that this wasn't sabre rattling, if Saddam didn't fold, we were coming. Saddam's decision to hold tight was the key.

I'm not sure how you see this as letting the Saudis decide our foreign policy, we were telling them what was going to happen, it wasn't them telling us.

As far as Bandar being there, he's their foreign minister. Who else in the Saudi government should Rumsfeld have been meeting with?

bigshooter
04-29-2004, 02:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> When does Bill Clinton get his day?

I can hear Bill now.

I took no action because I was busy blowing my sax while my intern was blowing my *&amp;%#
-----------------------------------------------------------

<hr /></blockquote>

Oh wait, Bill was already there and he didn't tesify alone either.

The White House press corps has got its collective knickers in a twist over President Bush's plans to testify with Vice President Dick Cheney before the 9/11 Commission on Thursday.

"That's so they can keep their stories straight," sneer the pundits, with some even joking that Bush is Cheney's ventriloquist's dummy.

But wait. When ex-President Clinton testified before the Commission three weeks ago, he wasn't alone either.

Though most of the press continues to pretend he handled the grilling solo, according to Time magazine in a report the next day, Clinton was accompanied by his White House counsel Bruce Lindsey and his National Security Advisor Sandy Berger.

Lindsey is no mere White House lawyer. He's also a longtime Clinton damage controller, whose hardball tactics earned him the nickname "The Consigliere" - and whose presence at the 9/11 session should have set off smoke alarms.

As for Berger, he'd already testified before the 9/11 Commission the week before. So why did Clinton feel the need to bring him along?

Could it be to help the ex-president explain away his admission to a New York business group two years ago that Sudan offered to arrest bin Laden in 1996 and he said no?

Berger has been maintaining ever since that no such offer was ever on the table. So if anybody needs to get their stories straight, it's Berger and Clinton.