PDA

View Full Version : Mental attitude of top pros

Kato
04-30-2002, 07:37 AM
I have recently spent time in "the zone". Granted, my zone is not Efren's, Johnny's, or Rodney's zone, but it's a nice, happy place for me. This zone included me beating a guy I play even with by 25 games over a 4 hour period. I was blank. I guess I was concentrating while at the table, really hard. Is that what normally happens do you go blank? Can you remember the racks as they go down? I seemed to lose time.

Kato~~~been in the same zone 2 sessions in a row.

cheesemouse
04-30-2002, 08:41 AM
Kato,
It is just part of the 'becoming a pool god' process. Soon they will sing songs of you in your home village. Heheheheheheh!!!!

WaltVA
04-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Kato - Congratulations on your "zone time." Blank is right. From my own brief and infrequent experiences there, it seems more "focus" rather than concentration. I was sharply aware of the table, and sometimes aware of people moving around the edges in an "out of focus" way, but nothing else. Couldn't remember past racks, shots, anything but the shot in front of me. Wasn't concentrating or thinking about anything; could FEEL exactly where the contact points were and how the spin would affect the CB. There was NO sense of time - when the match was over, I was really suprised when my opponent came over for a handshake; I was waiting for him to rack again! Spooky but fun - Enjoy!
Walt in VA

Cuemage
04-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Kato,
When I play in tha "Zone", I also lose track of what occurs. I get over the 1st ball, finish the rack, & then couldn't begin to tell you how I did it. I've even had railbirds ask me about a certain shot & I have absolutely no recollection of what happened. On the other hand, when I miss a ball, I remember it after the match & all tha way home...

Tha Cuemage