PDA

View Full Version : Liability...

nhp
04-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Anyone here play this on a snooker table? It's alot of fun. I play for 1$ per point, that way nobody really gets hurt. The most you can lose (if you suck THAT bad) is $100. When me and the other guys play, we joke around alot, it always puts me in a good mood if I come there stressed out. I have also found that it greatly improves my accuracy on a regular 9" table.

tateuts
04-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Nat,

Liability is a lot of fun. In the book "Playing off the Rail", there is a chapter called "Liability" where Tony Annigoni and his stakehorse come to Los Angeles and play $100 per point with Morro Paez and Francisco Gallindo. They played at Hard Times on the table in the corner, which I think is even tighter than the BC table. At one point, they were down $14,600 and almost busted. Grady Mathews got into the game and lost $3,000 in three racks and quit.

Then Jose Parica jumps in. Can you imagine playing $100 per point against these guys? Anyway, somehow Tony fights his way back after 13 hours of playing and ends up a $300 winner.

Chris

breakup
05-02-2004, 02:29 PM
payball can be lots of fun too.

A few years ago ( maybe 10+ ) Mark Griffin ( then the owner of the Palace) brought Jim Rempe and Mike Sigel up to Anchorage to do some expeditions at the Anchorage Billiard Palace along with some salmon fishing. One night they were hanging out at the Palace and someone suggested a game of pay ball on the golf table. We used 6 pool balls and every time you make a ball you get paid from everyone else in the game on the spot. We had I think about a 6 or 7 handed game going. Now you dont need to know much about pool to figure out who comes out on top of this contest. But the best part of the whole game was when I made a ball I collected a dollar from everyone in the game... yes from Mike Sigel and Jim Rempe too. Not that was a treat I won't soon forget, actually taking money out of the hands of these two greats that I just won in a pool game. Special stuff.

superstroke
05-02-2004, 05:34 PM
I played it for 6 months straight and thats it but I played 1$ a point and with great players. I learned great safes that improved my 1 pocket and nine ball game. It also increased my pocketing the ball % in side pocket at narrow angles.

woody_968
05-02-2004, 07:56 PM
We used to play that almost everyday here, now they finally got a couple of 9ft tables playable so we have started playing one pocket. Some of the guys played $1 a point but I wasnt gettin in a game like that. We normally only play with 6 cherries and 40 and 50 point runs are not that uncommon. Just dont know that I want to lose $50 in one rack /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shooter72283
05-02-2004, 10:34 PM
We play the same thing down at my PH, but we call it "insurance".