PDA

View Full Version : When does it all come together?

Kato
04-30-2002, 10:25 AM
I've been lucky enough to have several wise men help me with my game either in person or via e-mail. Voodoo taught me pace, C.C. taught me alignment from Illinois, my best friend has inadvertantly taught me a style that put Chris's alignment system into perfect view. I keep going back to I believe Tom in Cincy talking about doing your thinking standing up. I've seemed to put some of what these people have taught me into recent action completely by accident but it's pretty neat.

My question now is whether or not you add one thing, get proficient, then add another, get proficient or does it all come together at once. I feel like something has happened but I don't understand it. Not fighting it, just want to understand it. I'm running racks I've never run before and mowing down people I used to have trouble with. Since I'm a complete screw up on the pool table I know it's not something I did on purpose.

Kato~~~~??????????????????????

Voodoo Daddy
04-30-2002, 10:54 AM
Its because you always had the tools, you just needed to find out how to use them. You have alot of growing to do Kato...as your game gets stronger your table managment becomes more of an issue. The people you mentioned took you to water and now your starting to drink. Table Managment will be your next lesson...just ask and you will recieve.

Voodoo...should colaborate {sp} with C.C. and Tom from Cincy on a book intitled "The Kato Files"...LMFAO!!!

04-30-2002, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> ...I've seemed to put some of what these people have taught me into recent action completely by accident but it's pretty neat.

My question now is whether or not you add one thing, get proficient, then add another, get proficient or does it all come together at once. I feel like something has happened but I don't understand it. Not fighting it, just want to understand it. I'm running racks I've never run before and mowing down people I used to have trouble with. Since I'm a complete screw up on the pool table I know it's not something I did on purpose.

<hr></blockquote>

Kato:

I too recently experienced the kind of improvement you have seen in your game. With me, it seemed to happen overnight although I know that it was the result of a year of practice and playing. Perhaps it is best to not question the fact that one has improved, but to merely accept and enjoy it for what it is.

Congratulations and good luck.

Steve

Tom_In_Cincy
04-30-2002, 04:21 PM
If you do all your thinking standing up.. then you are performing at the correct position.

If you want to understand why you are performing better.. it takes lots of practice. If you are in a game and you are left a very difficult shot to get shape on the out ball.. and this shot is one that you practice over and over.. do you actually smile or just grin and execute it.. just like you do in practice?

Love those practice shots coming up during the game..

Chris Cass
04-30-2002, 08:11 PM
fockuz no, fuqas no wait, I got it. Focus, ya that's what it is.
C.C.~~sure now you'll, use it against me.LOL

Chris Cass
04-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi Voodoo,

Glad to see your back. If I were Kato, I'd jump on that offer. It seems you quite an instructor besides a good friend.

As far as the book goes. I'd call it "Sonny comes back from the toll both." Never keep a good guy down.LMAO

Best regards,

C.C.~~on permanant vacation....

Barbara
04-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Hey! Send me some of that stuff!!

I've got this grip issue problem happening and I am NOT a happy camper!!

Barbara --&gt; /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Trying to figure it out but everything just feels weird...

Doctor_D
05-01-2002, 06:55 AM
Good morning:

Learning new skills requires a learning process which includes study and practice. Study in order to learn and then practice to apply that which you have leanred. Every student, regardless of their underlying talent and/or ability, will learn and adapt to new information at a different pace. Some can handle multiple tasks, while others are more proficient with a monoline approach. Find what works for you and develop a regimen which will maximize your learning abilitiy. Remember; the more frequently your perform any task the more automatic it will become as a "learned" skill. Long term memory, facts and/or information which is life learned, is developed through repitition. Case in point: Complete the following jingle; Two All Beef Patties, _____, _____, _____, ______, etc.

No one every planned to learn the McDonald's jingle from centuries ago. However, because we heard it so frequently, it has become part of our permanent memory.

Dr. D.

Kato
05-01-2002, 09:34 AM
We lost in the first round of the playoffs last night so my Tuesday's are free.............well not quite. I'm in Dale Carnegie's Public Speaking class for the next 12 weeks until 8:30 pm. I'll be down to Hollywood immediately after to catch up with you.

As far as lessons go, I'm into table management and you're just the guy to get me there. I'm looking forward to a learning experience from you. My table management is 100% better since I slowed my pace down but your knowledge is a learning curve decimator.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you are ever in the Miami area or run into a gargantuan man with a big smile listen to him, he knows that of which he speaks and his patience, well, he hangs out with me, that'll tell ya something.

Kato

Rich R.
05-01-2002, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> and his patience, well, he hangs out with me, that'll tell ya something.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
The man must be a Saint!!!!! LMFAO. Rich R.~~~sorry about the loss.

Kato
05-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Better than that, chicks dig him and the residual rubs off on you. Even Voodoo scraps are top notch!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!

Kato~~~quit worrying about the loss about 2 seconds after I made a bank shot, went 3 rails, hit a breakout shot that left the 2 balls I broke out (mine and his) in the exact same spot they started at. Bad roll, nah, karmah.

cheesemouse
05-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Kato,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Bad roll, nah, karmah<hr></blockquote>

Actually, that's poolmah /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-02-2002, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
My question now is whether or not you add one thing, get proficient, then add another, get proficient or does it all come together at once. <hr></blockquote>

Greetings R.J.,

IMHO the answer to both questions is YES.

In order to eat an elephant you must do it one bite at a time. Then it will all come together when you least expect it. That apparently is happening to you now.
Good Kato, Good Kato /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.