PDA

View Full Version : anybody watch Survivor ?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Why did Rupert not team up with Shi-ann and Jenna and vote Boston Rob out? I now have no sympathy for Rupert if he loses. You would think he would have learned when Lex got hosed by Boston Rob.

dammit /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
04-30-2004, 11:29 AM
HAHAHA! I guess folks here don't watch it, based on the hit count your post has received.

I totally agree with you, but I'm sure there's a lot going on that they're not showing us.

I love Rupert. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Lex was so stupid for trusting Rob and not getting rid of Amber when he had the chance. And Rob just laughs about it.

Have you noticed Lex on the jury? You can tell he hates Rob. If looks could kill LOL. I liked Lex a lot. If Rupert couldn't win I was hoping Lex would.

Ross
04-30-2004, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Why did Rupert not team up with Shi-ann and Jenna and vote Boston Rob out? I now have no sympathy for Rupert if he loses. You would think he would have learned when Lex got hosed by Boston Rob.

dammit /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, I agree with you completely (now that's a first on the non-pool related side /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). But then Rupert has never been much of a strategist.

But let's say he did what you suggest. With 6 left, Shi-Ann, Rupert, and Jenna vote against the other three. How do they handle it if it is a tie vote?

ChrisW
04-30-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Why did Rupert not team up with Shi-ann and Jenna and vote Boston Rob out? I now have no sympathy for Rupert if he loses. You would think he would have learned when Lex got hosed by Boston Rob.
<hr /></blockquote>

I think Shi-ann had it correct with comment about "Stupid, stupid players." Even though I didn't like Shi-ann that much she really made sense at tribal council talking about the two groups of two and they should have split one up.
So now tom will side with Rob (why????) and Rupert and jenna are the next to go. Maybe Big Tom can win the final imunity and make it the the final two.

They don't seem to act like all-stars.

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2004, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Lex was so stupid for trusting Rob and not getting rid of Amber...<hr /></blockquote>

Oops. I meant "Ambah" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last night Big Tom when his son showed up first thing Tom said was "Ya workin'?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Then Rob says "I don't know who's dumbah, Big Tom or Bubba" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ross
05-01-2004, 05:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>
But let's say he did what you suggest. With 6 left, Shi-Ann, Rupert, and Jenna vote against the other three. How do they handle it if it is a tie vote? <hr /></blockquote>

Anyone? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
05-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Not that I watch this show enough to know how they handle a tie... But...

If there's a tie, they give each one a chance to speak about why they shouldn't be voted out, and they vote again.

If there's still a tie, one way they've done it before is to go by how many votes the people got in the past. So, for example, if all those folks voted for Amber (who probably hasn't received any votes yet) and all the other folks voted for Shi-Ann (who gets votes all the time), then after the second tie vote, Shi-Ann would be gone because she had votes in the past.

If that's a tie, then it is something about randomly selecting pebbles, and whoever gets the colored pebble loses.

I think.

Ross
05-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Susan. I was just curious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 06:43 AM
I have no sympathy for Rupert. He dug his own grave. But I will bet he wins the fans vote for the million dollars.

Rich R.
05-10-2004, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I have no sympathy for Rupert. He dug his own grave. But I will bet he wins the fans vote for the million dollars. <hr /></blockquote>
Not that I watch, or anything, but , Jenna is the one who screwed things up. Rupert tried to get her to vote Rob out. She stayed loyal to Rob to the end.
Did she really think Rob would take her to the final two? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
What was she thinking? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Not that I watch, or anything, but ,

<font color="blue">LOL. Your secret is out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Jenna is the one who screwed things up. Rupert tried to get her to vote Rob out. She stayed loyal to Rob to the end.

<font color="blue">I guess I missed that. They need to use more subtitles for us old rock-and-rollers with bad hearing and bad memories. </font color>

Did she really think Rob would take her to the final two? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
What was she thinking? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<font color="blue">I think she made it farther than she should have /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

It was, overall, quite a strange season. I bet Jiffy Probst is still shaking his head /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Then Wob and Ambah get engaged. I couldn't believe that. I think he just wants her money LOL. I wouldn't put it past him.

Rich R.
05-10-2004, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I think she made it farther than she should have /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
IMO, if she joined up with Rupert, voted Rob and Amber out, Jenna could have easily made it to the final two. However, I believe Rupert would have won the final vote.
Since every place up, gets more money, it would have been a good move for her.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Then Wob and Ambah get engaged. I couldn't believe that. I think he just wants her money LOL. I wouldn't put it past him. <hr /></blockquote>
I wouldn't be surprised if they were both covering their butts and making sure they get at least half. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
It will be very interesting if the marriage ever happens. Amber may come to her senses and realize what a sleeze she has, in Rob. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif She better dump him, before that million becomes community property. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> .... Amber may come to her senses and realize what a sleeze she has, in Rob. <hr /></blockquote>

That's for sure.

Since there is only one immunity necklace Shriek-ann, jenna and rupert could have teamed up and got rid of Wob and Ambah. I'm still shaking my head.

BTW if anybody's interested there's a live chat with Jenna at 2 pm and Rupert at 3 at cbs.com

dg-in-centralpa
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I agree Wally - I think Rob is after the money. I don't think he's done "Playing the game".

DG - wife watched it more than I did but I saw enough

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I agree Wally - I think Rob is after the money. I don't think he's done "Playing the game".

DG - wife watched it more than I did but I saw enough <hr /></blockquote>

You hate to thnik that about somebody. I think the fact that she's gorgeous might have something to do with it too.

Rupert was in an online chat yesterday. Someone asked why they did not vote Rob and Ambah off. He said he could not get anybody to team up with him and do it. So he just stayed close with Rob and Ambah and rode their coattails.

If the chat over there is any indication, Rupert is a lock for the million. At least 80% of the people are for him.

Rich R.
05-11-2004, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> If the chat over there is any indication, Rupert is a lock for the million. At least 80% of the people are for him. <hr /></blockquote>
I went in to cbs.com to vote for Rupert.
It appears they are running the vote, like a Chicago election. "Vote early and vote often." /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Their system does not lock you out, after you have voted once. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
05-11-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You hate to thnik that about somebody. I think the fact that she's gorgeous might have something to do with it too.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, why wouldn't Rob fall hard after spending a month plus in the jungle with her? I imagine this 28 year old construction foreman feels pretty lucky that the hot and adoring Amber fell for him. I mean, how could he possibly think he could do better?

Not that I've ever watched the show, mind you...

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Yeah, why wouldn't Rob fall hard after spending a month plus in the jungle with her? I imagine this 28 year old construction foreman feels pretty lucky that the hot and adoring Amber fell for him. I mean, how could he possibly think he could do better? <hr /></blockquote>

You have a good point.

I wonder if she would have even given him the time of day in the real world. It seems any of these players that were out there for any period of time indicate that it does strange things to you.

Plus, to quote some indelicate poster from another board

<font color="blue"> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote indelicate poster:</font><hr> She has a smokin' a$$ <hr /></blockquote> </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> ..Not that I've ever watched the show, mind you...
<hr /></blockquote>

me neither.

Live chat with Ambuh is at 2 today. Rob is at 3

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 12:13 PM
I wish they had these in XX

http://rupertb.com/images/rupertintshirt.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Why wouldn't Rob propose? He knew he wouldn't win so this way he gets half the money should they get divorced. Unless he signs a prenup, but I doubt it.

DG - as Hatch said,"It's only a game"