PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary Roughness (a tad lengthy)

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2004, 09:43 AM
12:30ish AM at the poolhall. You're not supposed to bring food from the outside in. The security dude walks over to the guy eating and asks him to stop eating because you can't bring food in. The guy says something like I'm going to keep eating. This is where it gets ugly.

The security guy pushes the eating guy off his chair so much so that the eating guy banged his head on the metal railing of the windows enought to knock him out cold. The "thud" sound was loud enough to have people stop playing their matches. The security guy picks up the unconscious guy by the back of his collar and drags him out to the garbage. The guy is limp as all hell and is not coming to. The security guy calls the cops and tells them that there was a guy who was being "disturbing". Liar. The guy comes to a bit and tries to get up and the security guy pushes him back down and the guy passes out again. I walk back inside 'cause one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing people being taken advantage of. Two cars arrive so there are now 4 cops. I step outside again.

Cops ask why is the guy unconscious. The security guy says that maybe he fell. No one says a word. One of the a$$hole cops steps on the shoulder of the unconscious guy (sort of the way you stomp out a cigarette) to see if he gets up. Then the other pig kicks the unconscious guy's leg. I was burning up inside with anger because people around us were laughing like it's funny or something (except for me, the BF, and another player). An ambulance shows up and takes the guy away. Back inside we all go.

I'm standing by the counter and the security guy and the 2 idiot waitresses are laughing at the whole thing, reenacting the whole thing, make references to The Matrix or some crap, and praising the way the cops handled it. WTF is going on here is what I thought. One of the idiot workers turned to me and asked me why I was so serious. In Spanish, because, except for the Security guy, they're all Hispanic, I said,

"I don't agree with the way things went. You're all laughing because this happened to someone you don't know. Someone who was helpless and was alone. And worse yet, was unconscious. The security guy is a big guy, yeah, and what? What if the guy would've gotten killed by a harder blow to the head? Would you all be laughing now? And you're all praising the cops? Their supposed to help us, not treat us like crap. If I'm unconscious on the ground 'cause some a-hole put me there, I don't want the cops kicking me. If that guy is connected or knows people and they all come back to shoot up the joint, I'll put all my money on a bet that y'all and the security guard will run and go hide under the tables like a whole bunch of pu$$ies. Then I'll see who'd be laughing."

No, I did not know the guy. Never saw him in my life. He did not speak English well nor did he have any friends in the room. He was alone. But one thing is for sure. He is a human being like the rest of us and deserves to be treated like so. I hope he comes back and sues the fcukers.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-30-2004, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
..I hope he comes back and sues the fcukers. <hr /></blockquote>

me too

I wouldn't be too hard on the cops. They probly thought he was drunk or something.

Have you talked to the owner? I'm sure he doesn't want to get sued because of his overzealous bouncer azzhole

PQQLK9
04-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Sounds like they were a bunch of Republicans...OMG edit...edit.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Atta girl Wendy ...you are not alone in the way you feel...I also hopes he sues the bastards.

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2004, 10:06 AM
The owner wasn't there but his son was. One of the players complained to Jr. 'cause it's not the first time that "unnecessary roughness" is applied. It's just that this is the first time that it came to this extreme. At one point, Jr. pointed out that the guy's zipper was open and the security guy retorted, "why are you looking there for?" to which the cop also said, "you want to close it?". Jr. said No and the cop told him "then stop trying to advise us". WTF.

We'll see what happens I guess although deep down inside, I know nothing will.

Nightstalker
04-30-2004, 10:08 AM
To hell with it, I would file a complaint at the police station and notify the owner directly.

t411
04-30-2004, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
..I hope he comes back and sues the fcukers. <hr /></blockquote>

me too

Wally, come on.... even

I wouldn't be too hard on the cops. They probly thought he was drunk or something.

Have you talked to the owner? I'm sure he doesn't want to get sued because of his overzealous bouncer azzhole <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, come on please.... even if this guy was drunk, it is not the cops J O B to step on him.

Wendy, I think this post says a lot about who you are. I'm with PQQLK9 in saying that you are not alone in the way you feel.

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2004, 10:54 AM
That kind of thing gives pool halls a very bad name in my opinion. The ones laughing were just showing their true mentality. I had a friend mauled by a bouncer once just because he didn't want to leave me at the door, alone in a strange place, waiting for change from a big bill for door admission. It was just so unessecary to pop another person in the face and toss them to asphalt like a sack of potatoes. We are so civilized here in the US aren't we...sid

JPB
05-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Sorry 9 Ball Girl. You want to complain you have to stand up when the cops come. You unscrew and leave the room. You tell the cops the security guy knocked a guy out for eating. He might have seriously injured him Clearly the security guy should be prosecuted and be fired. You did nothing about it. Yeah, it's the big city way. Yeah, you probably couldn't go back there. but why would you want to? I am not really blaming you, but you have nothing to be proud of here. I hope if he comes back and sues you will stand up and be a witness. If not, you have little room to complain. Sorry.

Hopster
05-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Now if the rent a cop gets a knife in his gut one night, think he will wonder why ??
Prime example of how stupid people get themselves killed, this J.O. thinks he can abuse people cause hes big or whatever and nothings gonna happen to him. I seriously hope this guy who was eating takes his time comes back and puts some lifetime damage on this guy.

Nightstalker
05-01-2004, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Now if the rent a cop gets a knife in his gut one night, think he will wonder why ??
Prime example of how stupid people get themselves killed, this J.O. thinks he can abuse people cause hes big or whatever and nothings gonna happen to him. I seriously hope this guy who was eating takes his time comes back and puts some lifetime damage on this guy. <hr /></blockquote>
I know if it happened to me I sure as [censored] would.

t411
05-01-2004, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> Sorry 9 Ball Girl. You want to complain you have to stand up when the cops come. You unscrew and leave the room. You tell the cops the security guy knocked a guy out for eating. He might have seriously injured him Clearly the security guy should be prosecuted and be fired. You did nothing about it. Yeah, it's the big city way. Yeah, you probably couldn't go back there. but why would you want to? I am not really blaming you, but you have nothing to be proud of here. I hope if he comes back and sues you will stand up and be a witness. If not, you have little room to complain. Sorry. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> JPB, I don't know what neighborhood you are from but I know that there are places that you don't do what you are asking of 9 Ball Girl. I'm not saying something shouldn't have been done but I do not expect a female in a room full of men to stand up and do or say something. Maybe one of the men in the room should have stood up and been a man. </font color>

JPB
05-01-2004, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote t411:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> Sorry 9 Ball Girl. You want to complain you have to stand up when the cops come. You unscrew and leave the room. You tell the cops the security guy knocked a guy out for eating. He might have seriously injured him Clearly the security guy should be prosecuted and be fired. You did nothing about it. Yeah, it's the big city way. Yeah, you probably couldn't go back there. but why would you want to? I am not really blaming you, but you have nothing to be proud of here. I hope if he comes back and sues you will stand up and be a witness. If not, you have little room to complain. Sorry. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> JPB, I don't know what neighborhood you are from but I know that there are places that you don't do what you are asking of 9 Ball Girl. I'm not saying something shouldn't have been done but I do not expect a female in a room full of men to stand up and do or say something. Maybe one of the men in the room should have stood up and been a man. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Agree with what a man should have done there. Agree that there are places where it is very difficult to do as I suggest. I know sometimes in a city you just have to mind your own business. BTDT myself. But I would guess that 9 Ball Girl doesn't have to be there; she has options. When we stand by while something like that happens a little part of us dies just a little. For whom the bell tolls you know?

Harold Acosta
05-01-2004, 02:19 PM
You should have told the police what really happened.

Did the joint have visible rules about eating or bringing food from outside? If not, the bouncer should have politely ask the patron to read the rules and take his food out. The way this situation was handled was not right.

For the next few weeks, all of you should be looking over your shoulders; just in case this guy comes back with an entourage. Thing could get really ugly.

Another thing is that you should write down what you saw and keep that little piece of paper somewhere you will remember.

You probably would have gotten some $hit from the bouncer and the people from the pool hall, but the right thing to do was tell the truth to the cops. The guy could have been charged with disorderly conducted or disturbing the peace when all he was doing was putting some food in his stomach.

You had the right feelings about this whole situation; however, something more should have been done.

Just my 2 cents on this....

Sid_Vicious
05-01-2004, 02:56 PM
"When we stand by while something like that happens a little part of us dies just a little"

Certainly does, and sometimes you don't always have any good choices, life is just what it is...sid

05-03-2004, 05:20 AM
Better you there and not me ..lol.. my mouth would have NEVER let me walk away from that..VooDoo would have been bailing me out of jail when all the smoke cleared..

Eric.
05-03-2004, 09:04 AM
I hate bouncers.

These fu&lt;kers are like Correction Officers or Security Guards. They are always power trippin, ego trippin like they deserve some respect for a person in their position.

I don't know if I would have ratted out the bouncer, but I DEFINATELY would suggest to hte guy that got screwed over that he talk to some people (and I don't mean the cops or lawyers).

Eric

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 09:22 AM
What goes around comes around sums it all up. That violence-challenged bouncer has it comin'.

9 Ball Girl
05-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I was inside the whole time. I poked my head out when the cops came but then stepped back in only 'cause I had a beer in my hand and I'm not going to tilt my head back with a brew in front of cops outside. But anyway, the whole thing of no one going against what the security guy said was confirmed by the majority. It's a decent neighborhood, nice room. And JPB, I do agree with you about standing around, letting $hit happen, but when the poolroom's owner's son said something, the security guy and the cops snapped back at him. Then what?

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 10:51 AM
People shouldn't allow the police to intimidate them. They are supposed to be doing their job, and that does not include bullying or intimidating people who are not suspects/perps. It is unfortunate that the security guard and police officer were not concerned with doing what was right at that time.

JPB
05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I was inside the whole time. I poked my head out when the cops came but then stepped back in only 'cause I had a beer in my hand and I'm not going to tilt my head back with a brew in front of cops outside. But anyway, the whole thing of no one going against what the security guy said was confirmed by the majority. It's a decent neighborhood, nice room. And JPB, I do agree with you about standing around, letting $hit happen, but when the poolroom's owner's son said something, the security guy and the cops snapped back at him. Then what? <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't want to come down too hard on you because I figured you were in a bad spot. Maybe I did, but I tried to make it clear I wasn't really blaming you. I am more comfortable talking to cops I guess, given what I do. And I wouldn't be afraid to talk to them if I happened to be having a cold one. (I am assuming you weren't totally drunk)I know it would be hard, but I really don't think the cops would have been mad at you and I don't think the pool hall folks would have taken it out on you, somehting tells me. I think you would have to find a different place to play, but I think you should do that anyway. All situations are different, I know. I have gotten involved in some and avoided others. Recently in Las Vegas at about 4 AM I was walking back to the hotel w/ my wife. SOme bizzarre and mildly violent sh!t was going on in a good area of the strip. I got my wife and I away, that was my first concern. Couldn't do anything. Other times I have been more involved. But I think you should think about becoming more involved if necessary.

CarolNYC
05-04-2004, 03:45 AM
Wendy,
This whole scenario is "not right"-when cops come on the scene for a person knocked "unconscious", protocol is, call an ambulance-the poolhall better hope the guy isnt hurt too bad and didnt call his lawyer-like Harold said "I'd watch my back in there!"
Carol~would of DEFINITELY done something!