PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

CrimsonWolf
04-30-2004, 01:31 PM
I recently bought a Player cue (higher end) and had it customed by a renowned local cue maker. It has done me well thus far but I'm quickly outgrowing it. I dont plan on moving way up the food chain, something in the 300-500 range. I've played with a Meucci and hated it...any suggestions out there?

irunrax
04-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Play with as many different cues as you can and then decide which one you like the best. Ask guys in the pool hall if you may try out their cue , I would let you shoot with mine if you came up and told me what you just wrote in your post. There are plenty of quality cues, custom and production. I myself shoot with a Schuler and love it.

crawdaddio
04-30-2004, 04:27 PM
You could check
www.onthehill.net (http://www.onthehill.net)
or
www.indyq.com (http://www.indyq.com)
lotsa nice cues in that range, but I do agree that you should AT LEAST play with a sample of a cuemaker before you buy. Happy hunting!
David

tateuts
04-30-2004, 04:58 PM
There are so many good cues and cuemakers in this price range that it's hard to go wrong, but some people manage to.

A lot of it depends on your preference. In this range, my first thought is an entry level custom cue or for a production cue, a Schon.

However, it would be helpful knowing what you prefer in a cue. For example, can you tell us more about what kind of cue you like including weight, length, shaft diameter, and wrap? Do you like a forward, neutral or rear balance point, or does it matter? Do you like a stiff cue, like a Joss or a Dufferin house cue, or a whippy cue (you indicated you didn't like a Meucci which is whippy)? Have you tried Predator shafts and if so, did you like them and why?

Chris

Jimmy B
04-30-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CrimsonWolf:</font><hr> I'm quickly outgrowing it. <hr /></blockquote>

What about the cue have you outgrown???I don't think I've ever outgrown a cue and I'm a pretty large guy. I still fit in all my old cues ;-)

JB

tateuts
04-30-2004, 07:55 PM
He's too sexy for his cue, too sexy for his cue, too sexy for his cue!

Chris