PDA

View Full Version : The Dems can dish it out but never take it....

Nightstalker
04-30-2004, 07:05 PM
The good ol Dems can always throw some stones around but when those stones go flying back at them what happens? You be the judge!

Friday, April 30, 2004
Democrats Furious as National Guard Leader Spreads Spoof

WASHINGTON - Some Democrats aren't laughing at the satirical schedule for the Democratic National Convention, an Internet-driven joke spread in part by the leader of the Massachusetts National Guard. It opens with a flag-burning ceremony and moves on to the John Kerry "fake medal toss" and the "Free Saddam" pep rally. There are no fewer than four toasts by Sen. Ted Kennedy.

A state worker sent an e-mail containing the spoof to National Guard Adjutant Gen. George W. Keefe. Using his state e-mail account, Keefe sent the joke to 17 others, including more state workers. Keefe said Friday he regretted passing along the e-mail, and a spokeswoman for Gov. Mitt Romney said Keefe would not be reprimanded.

The e-mail lists a fake agenda for the Democratic National Convention in July in Boston. Kerry, a U.S. senator from Massachusetts, is expected to accept the party's nomination for president. Kennedy, his Senate colleague, is likely to be one of its major speakers.

Something for Everyone

The schedule includes an "anti-war concert by Barbara Streisand" [misspelling her first name], "posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins" [the Oscar-winning actors and anti-war activists], tributes to France and Germany, and ceremonies for gay marriages featuring "threesomes, mixed, same sex, farm animals."

Massachusetts Democrats condemned Keefe and said the e-mail calls into question whether he should continue to head the National Guard, which could have a role in convention security. State Democrat Chairman Phil Johnston called for Keefe to resign.

"Certainly there are more important issues that General Keefe should be concentrating on, other than using government computers to send silly and derogatory e-mails to state employees," party spokeswoman Jane Lane said.

In a statement issued Friday, Keefe said: "While I did not compose this e-mail, I did receive and subsequently forward it to several acquaintances. On reflection, I regret that action."

2004 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

eg8r
04-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Do you have the link to where you got this article. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Massachusetts Democrats condemned Keefe and said the e-mail calls into question whether he should continue to head the National Guard, which could have a role in convention security. State Democrat Chairman Phil Johnston called for Keefe to resign. <hr /></blockquote> This is retarded and both parties do this...Just because the man decided to pass on something he thought was funny, the libs think he is not able to do his job. People pass jokes everyday through email but they are never questioned on their ability to perform their job. This is nonsense.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
05-01-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> ... It opens with a flag-burning ceremony and moves on to the John Kerry "fake medal toss" and the "Free Saddam" pep rally. There are no fewer than four toasts by Sen. Ted Kennedy.... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Don't forget the "Boo the Boy Scouts" session at the American flag raising /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nightstalker
05-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh it was from our fav site, newsmax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

moblsv
05-01-2004, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr>
"Certainly there are more important issues that General Keefe should be concentrating on, other than using government computers to send silly and derogatory e-mails to state employees," party spokeswoman Jane Lane said.
<hr /></blockquote>
As if taking two minutes to read and forward a funny email means you are neglecting your more important duties.

I haven't seen the mail to know for sure it's not derogatory or inappropriate ( you know how the conservative media likes to leave things like that out j/k /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) but it sounds funny too me. I need to find the original now. anybody seen it?