PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cue?

Fasteddy7
05-01-2004, 05:01 PM
These cues look nice but i believe you get what you pay for. Is this just a new cue maker trying to get his product out there or do you think it is just some scam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=3673683 173&rd=1

And look, you get a fabulous case too.LOL

Popcorn
05-01-2004, 05:30 PM
He just looks like a billiard supply selling on ebay. My guess is the cue is an import. I hate his selling pitch, that alone would make me not want to deal with him.

Chris Cass
05-01-2004, 05:58 PM
looks like a KC cue from Kc Industries. The wood is cheap and warps and the joint collars are terrible. The butt cap screws on and the thing is a coated plastic. The inlays are good but the finish is weak and will chip really soon. How do I know? Spike has a break cue of the same. He bought on ebay for a $150. bid. He did have his website listed and it lists the simular for $449. it's all a scam. He emailed me after the bidding wasn't met and wanted to know if I wanted the cue for $150.. I still feel like I was raped.

It does break good still but the thing warped in 3 weeks and the butt cap came unglued. The joint collar fell off and had to glue it back on too. The extra shaft was warped before the shooting one did. I swear I'll never be got again.

Regards,

C.C.

dg-in-centralpa
05-01-2004, 07:34 PM
He's calling it a custom cue but doesn't say who made it. I wouldn't buy it from him. Sounds fishy to me.

DG - not sure if he smell's a rat

BLACKHEART
05-01-2004, 08:01 PM
I saw an advertisement for Schon, that said they were custom, HAND MADE cues. That is a stretch,if I ever saw one...JER

tateuts
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
I've seen the exact cue going for $125. I believe it is the same Chinese manufacturer who makes the KC Cues and others similar to it.

At one time I tried to find out which factory in China made these Southwest copies but had no success. I actually bought a KC cue similar to this just to see how it was. It was $125 with two shafts and joint protectors. The quality of the work was excellent, the points and inlays perfect. It looked just like a Southwest down to the smallest detail. That's where the similarity ended. The shafts had a wierd taper so the cues hit about like I would expect a good broom handle would.

Chris

Jimmy B
05-02-2004, 03:09 AM
I wouldn't buy anything made by "this cuemaker" LOL and I prolly wouldn't buy anything from that guy just from the way he wrote up the auction.
Not to mention people have wrecked E-bay with the S&H scams they run.
JB

Fasteddy7
05-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Thanks for everyones input.....Fast

Chris Cass
05-02-2004, 08:09 AM
What kills me Duaine(sp?) is the fact he mentions all these notable cuemakers in his pitch. Like this cue can come even close to what these real cuemakers can do. Reminds me of a diamonique advertisement. LOL You can actually see the glue on the joint collars.

Regards,

C.C.

crawdaddio
05-02-2004, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I wouldn't buy anything made by "this cuemaker" LOL and I prolly wouldn't buy anything from that guy just from the way he wrote up the auction.
Not to mention people have wrecked E-bay with the S&amp;H scams they run.
JB <hr /></blockquote>

Please, if you could, explain these S&amp;H scams and how they work 'em?
thanks,
David

Jimmy B
05-03-2004, 02:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>
Please, if you could, explain these S&amp;H scams and how they work 'em?
thanks,
David <hr /></blockquote>

Well I may be in the minority here but it used to be where E-bay was a place honest people would go to buy things others wanted to sell. They would then trust the person and send a total stranger money and pay what the item cost to ship it. Now it has turned into a business with people charging much more for S&amp;H thn the item warrants. I have paid $5-$6 for items that were sent in a $.50 padded envelope and $.40 worth of postage. Or $25 on a cue that's taped in a box that's inside out because it was already used and the cue is wrapped in last weeks news paper and the postage is $6.75. These people are making money and for what? To drive to the post office? To wrap the item?? these things IMO should be the cost of doing business, I don't deduct $.37 for a stamp I used to send him my payment, I don't charge him the money for the envelope or my time to mail it or the $1 I pay for a MO because he's picky and doesn't want a personal check. It's like going to Stop and Shop for the weeks food and then after to cash out and pay they tell you it will cost an extra $1 per bag if you want to put your groceries in them, or they hit you with a carriage rental fee. One other scam is people selling a $10 item for $1 and charging $9 for S&amp;H this lets them screw E-bay on the commission charges. I'm just sick of the sellers wrecking what used to be a good thing. Don't get me started.

JB